Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: aix-configure nim client
Operating Systems AIX aix-configure nim client Post 302352853 by sumathi.k on Sunday 13th of September 2009 11:10:35 PM
Old 09-14-2009
MySQL

Thanks..

I configured nim resoures using cmd called # nim_master_setup.

It created the resoures and mksysb image also..

while running cmd called # nim_clients_setup i got error msg.....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Howto configure AIX DHCP Client ?

I use DHCP on my AIX box at home . I want to connect to my Cable ISP as a DHCP Client . the thing I did was this : smit Communications Applications and Services TCP/IP Use DHCP for TCPIP Configuration and Startup "Select the interface you want to use" en0 "Enter a hostname" OK after... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zumbi
3 Replies

2. AIX

NIM client mksysb restore

Can a NIM client mksysb restore be performed via NIM (smitty nim) without the NIM client machine having the NIM server's IP and hostname in its /etc/hosts file? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kah00na
10 Replies

3. AIX

backup NIM client

Hello everyone I would like to hear your opinions about this procedure to backup a client to my nim master 1.-I got a cron that make a mksysb from x machine 2.-This mksysb I send by ftp to my nim master. 3.-When I got it in the nim master machine. I create a mksysb resource from this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

4. AIX

Back up a client NIM from nim master

Hello everyone Im trying to backup a nim client from nim master but I got this message COMMAND STATUS Command: failed stdout: yes stderr: no Before command completion, additional instructions may appear below. 0042-001 nim:... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

5. AIX

NIM client boot problem

Hi all, I have created VIO Server which serves 3 lpars. All of them are on VLAN ID 50. From one lpar I installed and set up NIM master server called testAIX1. I have created client and allocated resources to it: testAIX1:/ > lsnim -l test_lpar test_lpar: class = machines ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phobus
4 Replies

6. AIX

filesets nim client

Hello everyone I was looking for the filesets to install a nim client on a linux box. (red hat 5 for power) I have the nim master on aix box and I have different nim client with aix. I download some filesets fron aix cd to linux box, but Im still hang up. Some one know where I can find... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. AIX

NIM : remove nim client info from the client

Hi. I change my client's IP and hostname but I forgot to change anything on the master. How can I redefine or modify my client's resource from my master, or with using smit niminit from my client ? Tks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephnane
2 Replies

8. AIX

Nim client with different subnet to Master

Iam attempting to add a client to NIM however the new client has a different subnet than master 10... & 193... , I've established from redbooks that it should be possible but can't find anything that states how? Does anyone use nim in this way? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
5 Replies

9. AIX

Problem in communication nim client with nim master

Hello, I have an AIX6.1 machine which is a nim client to my nim master which is also AIX6.1 machine. I had some problem to perform an installation on my client using smit nim . i removed /etc/niminfo file in order to do the initialization again but when i run the command niminit -a name=client... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
0 Replies

10. AIX

How to know NIM name from NIM client?

Friend's, I was playing around with NIM in my environment & had a quick question in mind which I didn't/couldn't find answer to, which is -- how to find the name of the NIM server sitting on the NIM client? All leads to the answer would be much appreciated, many thanks! -- Souvik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thisissouvik
2 Replies
TRACE-CMD-LISTEN(1)													       TRACE-CMD-LISTEN(1)

NAME
trace-cmd-listen - listen for incoming connection to record tracing. SYNOPSIS
trace-cmd listen -p port [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
The trace-cmd(1) listen sets up a port to listen to waiting for connections from other hosts that run trace-cmd-record(1) with the -N option. When a connection is made, and the remote host sends data, it will create a file called trace.HOST:PORT.dat. Where HOST is the name of the remote host, and PORT is the port that the remote host used to connect with. OPTIONS
-p port This option will specify the port to listen to. -D This options causes trace-cmd listen to go into a daemon mode and run in the background. -d dir This option specifies a directory to write the data files into. -o filename This option overrides the default trace in the trace.HOST:PORT.dat that is created when a remote host connects. -l filename This option writes the output messages to a log file instead of standard output. SEE ALSO
trace-cmd(1), trace-cmd-record(1), trace-cmd-report(1), trace-cmd-start(1), trace-cmd-stop(1), trace-cmd-extract(1), trace-cmd-reset(1), trace-cmd-split(1), trace-cmd-list(1) AUTHOR
Written by Steven Rostedt, <rostedt@goodmis.org[1]> RESOURCES
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rostedt/trace-cmd.git COPYING
Copyright (C) 2010 Red Hat, Inc. Free use of this software is granted under the terms of the GNU Public License (GPL). NOTES
1. rostedt@goodmis.org mailto:rostedt@goodmis.org 06/11/2014 TRACE-CMD-LISTEN(1)