Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux Ftp Server
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Linux Ftp Server Post 302352790 by fpmurphy on Sunday 13th of September 2009 11:23:37 AM
Old 09-13-2009
Looks like GridFTP (UberFTP). That particular ftp server does not support message catalogues.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux ftp server

I have taken an old Pentium-75 Compaq with 32Mb memory, formatted the hard drive, and loaded Redhat 5.2 on it. All I really want is an ftp server to allow vendors to download files from it as they need them. I was told that these old pentiums with little memory would work well with Linux. The ftp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwalter
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat 7.2 Linux Server - FTP Problems

I have just installed RH7.2 Server and along with apache 1.3 and PHP. I am able to FTP from my linux box to other remote maches, but am unable to FTP to the linux box from other remote machines. The message I get is: A remote host has refused an attempted connect operation. I have done some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
3 Replies

3. Linux

Linux as FTP & Mail server

How do i setup my linux server to act as a internal ftp server. i have 30 machines who would want to log onto external ftp servers ( for hosting and stuff ). They would have to go through a ftp server on the network server to get outside to the internet? What program on linux would i use How... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
6 Replies

4. IP Networking

Accessing a FTP Server hosted on Linux

We have set-up a FTP server on a Linux machine, which sits behind a firewall. Most users outside our firewall can access it, but one user in particular cannot. I assume it has something to do with their firewall rules. It appears that they can connect with no problem but the server does not grant... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Breen
1 Replies

5. Linux

ftp problem from linux to windows2000 server

Hi All, I was trying to ftp multiple files from my windows to my linux box, everything gets transfered but unfortunately some of them are corrupted. I found out that some of the files are in Ascii and some are binary, but since most of the files I'm trying to send are Ascii...the big ones... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3rr0r_3rr0r
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from Linux to windows server by shell script

Hi, Please advice whether my below requirement is feasible, My requirement : Automated FTP from linux server to windows server using a shell script on every monday. If feasible, please help me how to do this ? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
2 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

solaris or linux sftp/ftp-server

Hi, we have a big problem, history: we migrated our companies ftp and sftp-server, which were vsftp and openssh, to one server, software is called JSCAPE ftp server professional edition for the first time everything was great, but after one or two months, our uploads hang, 0 byte files are... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer files from linux server to windows using secure ftp (sftp)

HI, I have to transfer files from linux server to windows using secure ftp (sftp) .Kindly help me out. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manushi88
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Setting Up live FTP Server with Static IP in Red-Hat Linux 6

Hi Guys, I want to some guidance from you in setting up the Live FTP server in Redhat Linux 6 with Static IP 120.50.150.50. Now should I set my Static Public IP directly to my Linux machine? If so what whould be my sunbet mask? Is any type of natting required here? if so where would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Implement FTP server on RHEL server without using FTP client

We have RHEL 5.8 in our environment, I had a query whether we can implement an FTP server using vsftpd package and Linux configurations like setsebool without using any external FTP clients like FileZilla etc. I am very confused on this. The FTP functionalities that should be present are download &... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
3 Replies
GLOBUS-URL-COPY(1)						   Globus Tookit						GLOBUS-URL-COPY(1)

NAME
globus-url-copy - globus-url-copy SYNOPSIS
globus-url-copy [options] [SOURCE-URL] [DESTINATION-URL] DESCRIPTION
The globus-url-copy program is a command line tool for multi-protocol data movement. It supports gsiftp:// (GridFTP), ftp://, http://, https://, sshftp:// and file:/// protocol specifiers in the URL. OPTIONS
-help, -usage Print help. -versions Print the versions of all modules that this program uses -c, -continue-on-error Do not die after any errors. By default, program will exit after most errors. -a, -ascii Convert the file to/from ASCII format to/from local file format -b, -binary Do not apply any conversion to the files. *default* -f filename Read a list of url pairs from filename. Each line should contain sourceURL destURL. Enclose URLs with spaces in double qoutes ("). Blank lines and lines beginning with # will be ignored. -cd, -create-dest Create destination directory if needed. -r Copy files in subdirectories -fast Recommended when using GridFTP servers. Use MODE E for all data transfers, including reusing data channels between list and transfer operations. -t transfer time in seconds Run the transfer for this number of seconds and then end. Useful for performance testing or forced restart loops. -q, -quiet Suppress all output for successful operation -v, -verbose Display urls being transferred -vb, -verbose-perf During the transfer, display the number of bytes transferred and the transfer rate per second. Show urls being transferred -dbg, -debugftp Debug ftp connections. Prints control channel communication to stderr -rst, -restart Restart failed ftp operations. -rst-retries retries The maximum number of times to retry the operation before giving up on the transfer. Use 0 for infinite. Default is 5. -rst-interval seconds The interval in seconds to wait after a failure before retrying the transfer. Use 0 for an exponential backoff. Default is 0. -rst-timeout seconds Maximum time after a failure to keep retrying. Use 0 for no timeout. Default is 0. -stall-timeout SECONDS, -st SECONDS How long before cancelling/restarting a transfer with no data movement. Set to 0 to disable. Default is 600 seconds. -df FILENAME, -dumpfile FILENAME Path to file where untransferred urls will be saved for later restarting. Resulting file is the same format as the -f input file. If file exists, it will be read and all other url input will be ignored. -do FILENAME, -dump-only FILENAME Perform no write operations on the destination. Instead, all files that would be transferred are enumerated and dumped to the specified file. Resulting file is the same format as the -f input file. Note: if you intend to use this file as input for a future transfer, the -create-dest option will be required if any destination directories do not already exist. -rp, -relative-paths The path portion of ftp urls will be interpereted as relative to the user's starting directory on the server. By default, all paths are root-relative. When this flag is set, the path portion of the ftp url must start with %2F if it designates a root-relative path. -s SUBJECT, -subject SUBJECT Use this subject to match with both the source and dest servers -ss SUBJECT, -source-subject SUBJECT Use this subject to match with the source server -ds SUBJECT, -dest-subject SUBJECT Use this subject to match with the destionation server -tcp-bs SIZE, -tcp-buffer-size SIZE Specify the size (in bytes) of the buffer to be used by the underlying ftp data channels. -bs block SIZE, -block-size block SIZE Specify the size (in bytes) of the buffer to be used by the underlying transfer methods -p PARALLELISM, -parallel PARALLELISM Specify the number of parallel data connections should be used. -notpt, -no-third-party-transfers Turn third-party transfers off (on by default). -nodcau, -no-data-channel-authentication Turn off data channel authentication for ftp transfers. -dcsafe, -data-channel-safe Set data channel protection mode to SAFE -dcpriv, -data-channel-private Set data channel protection mode to PRIVATE -off, -partial-offset Offset for partial ftp file transfers, defaults to 0 -len, -partial-length Length for partial ftp file transfers, used only for the source url, defaults the full file. -list URL List the files located at URL. -stripe Enable striped transfers on supported servers -striped-block-size, -sbs Set layout mode and blocksize for striped transfers. If not set, server defaults will be used. If set to 0, Partitioned mode will be used. If set to >0, Blocked mode will be used, with this as the blocksize. -ipv6 Use ipv6 when available (EXPERIMENTAL) -udt Use UDT, a reliable udp based transport protocol, for data transfers -g2, -gridftp2 Use GridFTP v2 protocol enhancements when possible -dp, -delayed-pasv Enable delayed passive -mn, -module-name gridftp storage module name Set the backend storage module to use for both the source and destination in a GridFTP transfer -mp, -module-parameters gridftp storage module parameters Set the backend storage module arguments to use for both the source and destination in a GridFTP transfer -smn, -src-module-name gridftp storage module name Set the backend storage module to use for the source in a GridFTP transfer -smp, -src-module-parameters gridftp storage module parameters Set the backend storage module arguments to use for the source in a GridFTP transfer -dmn, -dst-module-name gridftp storage module name Set the backend storage module to use for the destination in a GridFTP transfer -dmp, -dst-module-parameters gridftp storage module parameters Set the backend storage module arguments to use for the destination in a GridFTP transfer -aa, -authz-assert authorization assertion file Use the assertions in this file to authorize the access with both source and dest servers -saa, -src-authz-assert authorization assertion file Use the assertions in this file to authorize the access with source server -daa, -dst-authz-assert authorization assertion file Use the assertions in this file to authorize the access with dest server -cache-aa, -cache-authz-assert Cache the authz assertion for subsequent transfers -cache-saa, -cache-src-authz-assert Cache the src authz assertion for subsequent transfers -cache-daa, -cache-dst-authz-assert Cache the dst authz assertion for subsequent transfers -pipeline, -pp Enable pipelining support for multi-file ftp transfers. Currently third-party transfers benefit from this. *EXPERIMENTAL* -concurrency, -cc Number of concurrent ftp connections to use for multiple transfers. -nl-bottleneck, -nlb Use NetLogger to estimate speeds of disk and network read/write system calls, and attempt to determine the bottleneck component -src-pipe, -SP command line Set the source end of a remote transfer to use piped in input with the given command line. Do not use with -fsstack -dst-pipe, -DP command line Set the destination end of a remote transfer to write data to then standard input of the program run via the given command line. Do not use with -fsstack -pipe command line Sets both -src-pipe and -dst-pipe to the same thing. -dcstack, -data-channel-stack Set the XIO driver stack for the network on both the source and the destination. Both must be GridFTP servers. -fsstack, -file-system-stack Set the XIO driver stack for the disk on both the source and the destination. Both must be GridFTP servers. -src-dcstack, -source-data-channel-stack Set the XIO driver stack for the network on the source GridFTP server. -src-fsstack, -source-file-system-stack Set the XIO driver stack for the disk on the source GridFTP server. -dst-dcstack, -dest-data-channel-stack Set the XIO driver stack for the network on the destination GridFTP server. -dst-fsstack, -dest-file-system-stack Set the XIO driver stack for the disk on the destination GridFTP server. -cred path to credentials or proxy file Set the credentials to use for both ftp connections. -src-cred CRED-FILE, -sc CRED-FILE Set the credentials to use for source ftp connections. -dst-cred, -dc path to credentials or proxy file Set the credentials to use for destination ftp connections. -af filename, -alias-file filename File with mapping of logical host aliases to lists of physical hosts. When used with multiple conncurrent connections, each connection uses the next host in the list. Each line should either be an alias, noted with the @ symbol, or a hostname[:port]. Currently, only the aliases @source and @destination are valid, and they are used for every source or destination url. -sync Only transfer files where the destination does not exist or differs from the source. -sync-level controls how to determine if files differ. -sync-level number Choose critera for determining if files differ when performing a sync transfer. o Level 0 will only transfer if the destination does not exist. o Level 1 will transfer if the size of the destination does not match the size of the source. o Level 2 will transfer if the timestamp of the destination is older than the timestamp of the source. o Level 3 will perform a checksum of the source and destination and transfer if the checksums do not match. The default sync level is 2. AUTHOR
The Globus Alliance, http://www.globus.org/ Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2010 University of Chicago The Globus Alliance 02/09/2012 GLOBUS-URL-COPY(1)