Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users FTP issues between mainframe and UNIX Post 302352679 by sanjay.login on Saturday 12th of September 2009 07:47:48 PM
Old 09-12-2009
hope the (..R11..) text is creating newline so you are getting the line split in your coresponding sunso server.

and mark one thing by seeing the length of the 7th line in your output file in sunso which is different that the length of other lines(1,3,5).

but the lines start spliting just after R11 text

regards,
Sanjay

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USS (unix) on the Mainframe

Does anyone work with USS on an IBM Mainframe computer on this msg board? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Javagate
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mainframe FTP error

Hi when i am trying to ftp to a newly cretaed mainframe GDG for the first time,i am getting the following error... Verbose mode on. 200 Representation type is Ebcdic NonPrint 200 Port request OK. 550-SVC99 Return code=4 S99INFO=0 S99ERROR=38668 HEX=970C S99ERSN code X'00004379'). 550... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam99
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

ftp from unix to mainframe

hi suppose i have a file named xyz(-1) and i have to transfer(ftp) it on a Mainframe from unix,how should i do it as whenever i try to do so it says use MVS naming conventions (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashishabhishek
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

ftp from unix to Mainframe

suppose i have a file named xyz(-1) and i have to transfer(ftp) it on a Mainframe from unix,how should i do it as whenever i try to do so it says use MVS naming conventions (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ftp file from unix to mainframe

thanks (2 Replies)
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP'ing EBCDIC Characters from Mainframe

Hi All, I am new to this site, I have a requirement where in i have to FTP a file from mainframe to Unix box. The catch here is there are few Spanish characters like N with tilde(~) and a with ` etc., all other characters are coming fine but those mentioned above are not coming in a proper... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harikiranr
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP files to target Mainframe system

Hi Experts... Greetings for the day..! I just want to FTP the files to mainframe system.. my code is not working..and also i need to put the files in a particular directory in a specific naming format... ftp -i -n ${HOST_NAME} << END_FTP user ${USER_NAME} ${PASSWORD} put ${FILE_NAME}... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spkandy
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX sftp from mainframe

I have the following UNIX script which copies a file from a UNIX server in Canada to a UNIX server in the UK. LOG=/data/proj/sftp/canada.log DAT=`date "+%d/%m/%y %H:%M"` HOMEDIR=/data/proj/sftp TGTFILE=P_DATA.csv cd $HOMEDIR echo "\nStarting retrieval of Canadian Data at $DAT" >> $LOG ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mishnok
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sftp from UNIX to mainframe

Hi, I have many scripts where i have used sftp for file transfer from unix box to unix box.. Now that we have to sftp files from unix to mainframe, i would like to know if that is possible. I just tried in the same way i did from unix to unix, but i got the error as connection refused. Are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnat
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from AIX to Mainframe

Hi All, This is the scenario:- I am writing a script to automate FTP files from AIX to Mainframe. ( Binary mode, passive connection) FTP the currently available files(poll a directory to find the list) and put it to mainframe in one connection instance Verify if all the files are copied... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: TechGyaann
24 Replies
COL(1)							      General Commands Manual							    COL(1)

NAME
col - filter reverse line feeds SYNOPSIS
col [ -bfh ] DESCRIPTION
Col reads the standard input and writes the standard output. It performs the line overlays implied by reverse line feeds (ESC-7 in ASCII) and by forward and reverse half line feeds (ESC-9 and ESC-8). Col is particularly useful for filtering multicolumn output made with the `.rt' command of nroff and output resulting from use of the tbl(1) preprocessor. Although col accepts half line motions in its input, it normally does not emit them on output. Instead, text that would appear between lines is moved to the next lower full line boundary. This treatment can be suppressed by the -f (fine) option; in this case the output from col may contain forward half line feeds (ESC-9), but will still never contain either kind of reverse line motion. If the -b option is given, col assumes that the output device in use is not capable of backspacing. In this case, if several characters are to appear in the same place, only the last one read will be taken. The control characters SO (ASCII code 017), and SI (016) are assumed to start and end text in an alternate character set. The character set (primary or alternate) associated with each printing character read is remembered; on output, SO and SI characters are generated where necessary to maintain the correct treatment of each character. If the -h option is given, col converts white space to tabs to shorten printing time. All control characters are removed from the input except space, backspace, tab, return, newline, ESC (033) followed by one of 7, 8, 9, SI, SO, and VT (013). This last character is an alternate form of full reverse line feed, for compatibility with some other hardware conven- tions. All other non-printing characters are ignored. SEE ALSO
troff(1), tbl(1) BUGS
Can't back up more than 128 lines. No more than 800 characters, including backspaces, on a line. 7th Edition May 16, 1986 COL(1)