Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SQL output vertically aligned? Post 302352546 by swame_sp on Friday 11th of September 2009 07:00:35 PM
Old 09-11-2009
I think i got it right now. I was helped by the user "sanjay.login"
Thanks everybody.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

df output is not aligned.

When I issue a "df" command the columns of the output are not aligned. QMN012:.../oracle> df -k Filesystem 1024-blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on /dev/hd4 524288 439592 17% 5423 6% / /dev/M121A_HOME 3080192 2343764 24% 7263 2%... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcogilbert
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Error: Memory Address Not aligned

Hi, The following error message occured when I was trying to reboot my SUN machine: Memory address not aligned Its a Sun 280 R , Ultra SPARC III What should I do. Varma (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunnervarma
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending two files vertically

Hi Need ur help for the below question. I have two files File-1 & File-2. File-1(This is a fixed file i.e. the content of this file is not going to change over a period of time) ------ a b c d e File-2 (This is a file which changes daily but the record count remains the same)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 46019
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output columns needs to be aligned

Hi All I'm running a shell script and the output is something like: Col1 Col2 Col3 aaaa aaaaaaa aaaaa bbbbb bbbbb bbbbbb ccc cccccc ccccccc But I require the output to printed as given below: Col1 Col2 Col3 aaaa ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkamalkishore
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL*PLUS Spool Output

Hi, Im writing a script to run a bit of sql(via sqlplus) that pulls back some data and spools it to a file, I want the spool file to only display the data, with no sql command at the top and no reports at the bottom ie(# of records recieved). I am currently doing it via a grep command but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Magezy
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting characters vertically

I do have a big file in the following format >A1 ATGCGG >A2 TCATGC >A3 -TGCTG The number of characters will be same under each subheader and only possible characters are A,T,G,C and - I want to count the number of A's, T's,G's, C's & -'s vertically for all the positions so that I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SH] TUI not always properly aligned

Heyas I havent found a thread to introduce, so i combine it with the issue i have. EDIT /* Removed Problem because solved */ My first contact with Linux was back in 1995 with slackware, beeing a gamer back then, i (sadly) didnt bother to dig deeper. I finaly joined the Linux community in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing multiple sql queries output into variable by running sql command only once

Hi All, I want to run multiple sql queries and store the data in variable but i want to use sql command only once. Is there a way without running sql command twice and storing.Please advise. Eg : Select 'Query 1 output' from dual; Select 'Query 2 output' from dual; I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rokkesh
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Re-aligned text file into one raw

Hi, Anyone can help on how to re-aligned the data into one raw; Input Text File: TESTA Carbon A China 06/28/2016 Active Vol. 8210, No. 2048, New Era 02/25/2010 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fspalero
1 Replies
CHSH(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           CHSH(1)

NAME
chsh - change login shell SYNOPSIS
chsh [options] [LOGIN] DESCRIPTION
The chsh command changes the user login shell. This determines the name of the user's initial login command. A normal user may only change the login shell for her own account; the superuser may change the login shell for any account. OPTIONS
The options which apply to the chsh command are: -h, --help Display help message and exit. -R, --root CHROOT_DIR Apply changes in the CHROOT_DIR directory and use the configuration files from the CHROOT_DIR directory. -s, --shell SHELL The name of the user's new login shell. Setting this field to blank causes the system to select the default login shell. If the -s option is not selected, chsh operates in an interactive fashion, prompting the user with the current login shell. Enter the new value to change the shell, or leave the line blank to use the current one. The current shell is displayed between a pair of [ ] marks. NOTE
The only restriction placed on the login shell is that the command name must be listed in /etc/shells, unless the invoker is the superuser, and then any value may be added. An account with a restricted login shell may not change her login shell. For this reason, placing /bin/rsh in /etc/shells is discouraged since accidentally changing to a restricted shell would prevent the user from ever changing her login shell back to its original value. FILES
/etc/passwd User account information. /etc/shells List of valid login shells. /etc/login.defs Shadow password suite configuration. SEE ALSO
chfn(1), login.defs(5), passwd(5). shadow-utils 4.5 01/25/2018 CHSH(1)