Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SQL output vertically aligned? Post 302352544 by durden_tyler on Friday 11th of September 2009 06:49:46 PM
Old 09-11-2009
That ORA- error message does not appear to be related to jim's scripts. Post your actual script here.

tyler_durden

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

df output is not aligned.

When I issue a "df" command the columns of the output are not aligned. QMN012:.../oracle> df -k Filesystem 1024-blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on /dev/hd4 524288 439592 17% 5423 6% / /dev/M121A_HOME 3080192 2343764 24% 7263 2%... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcogilbert
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Error: Memory Address Not aligned

Hi, The following error message occured when I was trying to reboot my SUN machine: Memory address not aligned Its a Sun 280 R , Ultra SPARC III What should I do. Varma (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunnervarma
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending two files vertically

Hi Need ur help for the below question. I have two files File-1 & File-2. File-1(This is a fixed file i.e. the content of this file is not going to change over a period of time) ------ a b c d e File-2 (This is a file which changes daily but the record count remains the same)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 46019
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output columns needs to be aligned

Hi All I'm running a shell script and the output is something like: Col1 Col2 Col3 aaaa aaaaaaa aaaaa bbbbb bbbbb bbbbbb ccc cccccc ccccccc But I require the output to printed as given below: Col1 Col2 Col3 aaaa ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkamalkishore
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL*PLUS Spool Output

Hi, Im writing a script to run a bit of sql(via sqlplus) that pulls back some data and spools it to a file, I want the spool file to only display the data, with no sql command at the top and no reports at the bottom ie(# of records recieved). I am currently doing it via a grep command but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Magezy
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting characters vertically

I do have a big file in the following format >A1 ATGCGG >A2 TCATGC >A3 -TGCTG The number of characters will be same under each subheader and only possible characters are A,T,G,C and - I want to count the number of A's, T's,G's, C's & -'s vertically for all the positions so that I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SH] TUI not always properly aligned

Heyas I havent found a thread to introduce, so i combine it with the issue i have. EDIT /* Removed Problem because solved */ My first contact with Linux was back in 1995 with slackware, beeing a gamer back then, i (sadly) didnt bother to dig deeper. I finaly joined the Linux community in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing multiple sql queries output into variable by running sql command only once

Hi All, I want to run multiple sql queries and store the data in variable but i want to use sql command only once. Is there a way without running sql command twice and storing.Please advise. Eg : Select 'Query 1 output' from dual; Select 'Query 2 output' from dual; I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rokkesh
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Re-aligned text file into one raw

Hi, Anyone can help on how to re-aligned the data into one raw; Input Text File: TESTA Carbon A China 06/28/2016 Active Vol. 8210, No. 2048, New Era 02/25/2010 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fspalero
1 Replies
Class::DBI::Query(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Class::DBI::Query(3pm)

NAME
Class::DBI::Query - Deprecated SQL manager for Class::DBI SYNOPSIS
my $sth = Class::DBI::Query ->new({ owner => $class, sqlname => $type, essential => @columns, where_columns => @where_cols, }) ->run($val); DESCRIPTION
This abstracts away many of the details of the Class::DBI underlying SQL mechanism. For the most part you probably don't want to be interfacing directly with this. The underlying mechanisms are not yet stable, and are subject to change at any time. OPTIONS
A Query can have many options set before executing. Most can either be passed as an option to new(), or set later if you are building the query up dynamically: owner The Class::DBI subclass that 'owns' this query. In the vast majority of cases a query will return objects - the owner is the class of which instances will be returned. sqlname This should be the name of a query set up using set_sql. where_clause This is the raw SQL that will substituted into the 'WHERE %s' in your query. If you have multiple %s's in your query then you should supply a listref of where_clauses. This SQL can include placeholders, which will be used when you call run(). essential When retrieving rows from the database that match the WHERE clause of the query, these are the columns that we fetch back and pre-load the resulting objects with. By default this is the Essential column group of the owner class. METHODS
where() $query->where($match, @columns); This will extend your 'WHERE' clause by adding a 'AND $column = ?' (or whatever $match is, isntead of "=") for each column passed. If you have multiple WHERE clauses this will extend the last one. perl v5.12.4 2004-04-25 Class::DBI::Query(3pm)