Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Very Interesting Problem
Operating Systems Solaris Very Interesting Problem Post 302352515 by Demon002 on Friday 11th of September 2009 03:10:27 PM
Old 09-11-2009
***Please rewrite you message with proper English and without profanity ***

--Forum Admin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

An interesting problem

hi!, here is an interesting problem ..... I ftp a file named " my first file.doc" from windows to my HP workstation. Ftp is succesful. The file appears with the same name in my home directory.. But now how do I open this file?? while using Vi or More or other editor, they take only the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

interesting problem

After a server reboot for regular mainatanance we face the following situation: 1/ user accounts with ksh can't start the korn shell 2/ korn shell scripts do work however, if executed from bash 3/ normal users with bash can't run ksh 4/ root can run ksh 5/ if I switch the default shell to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
3 Replies

3. SCO

I have an interesting problem and need advice

We have an inhouse built application which handles our AR function. We'd like to email statements out of the application directly. My question is this is there a good, solid, command line driven, scriptable Mail Transport Agent that would allow us to send a semi unique email (with a statement and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Maldain
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interesting problem

Hello, So I'm utilizing the bash brace expansion feature to checkout multiple folders from cvs with ease, while excluding certain subfolders within. So I do a command like this: cvs co trunk/{mod_a,mod_b,mod_c} \!trunk/{mod_a,mod_b,mod_c}/web to checkout modules trunk/mod_a , trunk/mod_b ,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neked
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

interesting problem

Hi, I am new in this forum and I am glad to be a part of it. I have a problem that has two parts: 1/ extract just the timestamp from a filename: for example, I have a file called 'sales20080226144525.txt' and I want to extract just the '20080226144525' part out of it. 2/ Now, take that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
5 Replies

6. Programming

Interesting Problem About Incrementing ++

Here is my code: int startingPort = 200; string tempPort; stringstream out; out<<startingPort; tempPort = out.str(); //tempPort carries startingPort in string format //convert tempPort to *char - currentPort going to be passed into getaddrinfo() char currentPort;... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
10 Replies

7. AIX

Interesting Problem! 2 VIOs, One is problematic, assigning disks and resources from the other only

Hi, The scenario is like this: 1.We needed to assign two hdisks to an LPAR 2.SAN team gives us two ldevs 3.One of our VIO is hanging on cfgmgr operation 4. We ran cfgmgr on the smooth VIO. Got the disks and assigned the disks from there to the LPAR.(By passed the other VIO as in didnt run... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
11 Replies

8. Solaris

Interesting Disk Error Problem

Hi Folks, Have an interesting problem here, have just upgraded some machines (Test and Development) to the latest and greatest as in. SunOS ss063a 5.10 Generic_147440-13 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440 However on all the systems we are seeing the same problems, during the boot there is a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull04
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interesting awk problem

Hello; I wish to manipulate the output from the following: ps axo %mem,pid,euser,cmd|sort -nr 14.4 3170 root /usr/sbin/snmpd -Lsd -Lf /dev/null -p /var/run/snmpd.pid -a 3.6 3635 root splunkd -p 8089 start 2.6 3383 root /usr/sbin/httpd 2.1 15496 apache /usr/sbin/httpd ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: delphys
5 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)