Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring net-snmp - restarting too quickly issue Post 302351877 by seg on Wednesday 9th of September 2009 11:11:36 PM
Old 09-10-2009
"Stopping because process dumped core."

I honestly recommend reverting the SMF files back to normal and either writing a new one or using an rc script in rc3.d

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

net-snmp

Does anybody know where I can get net-snmp for compaq tru64 V4.0G? I am having a difficult time locating it. Can it run on tru64 V4.0G? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Net-snmp issue in Solaris 8

Hi there, I know this is a common question, but I have not found a satsifactory solution yet, so pardon me for posting similar questions. My problem is the log /var/adm/messages is filling up with this entry every few minutes Please refer below. Oct 4 21:39:46 host last message repeated 3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundar63
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Net-SNMP-5.4.2.1 issue on Sun Solaris

Hi, I am trying to compile the source code for Net-SNMP-5.4.2.1 using the gcc compiler-3.4.6 and 3.4.3 but I am getting the follwoing error with perl enabled: /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc -g -O2 -Usolaris2 -Dsolaris2=solaris2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -Wdeclaration-after-statement... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tisha
2 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

net-snmp issue

When I run a script that polls a router I get the following error from net-snmp. I can not seem to find a straight answer. Could my mib files be corrupt? xxx-xxx:/etc/sma/snmp/mibs# perl /export/home/user/perl/test.pl Unlinked OID in SNMPv2-MIB: snmp ::= { mib-2 11 } Undefined identifier:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Service is restarting too quickly

Hi guys, one of my services in solaris 10 is in maintenance mode. When I checked why, the reason is that the service is "restarting too quickly." # svcs -x svc:/application/management/snmpdx:default svc:/application/management/snmpdx:default (Sun Solstice Enterprise Master Agent) State:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

Net-snmp 5.7.2 on HP-UX 11.31

Hi All, I have an issue with net-snmp communication from a monitoring server to HP UX server. Following are the details HP - UX server : 172.16.184.34 Monitoring Server : 172.16.5.57 (Solarwinds Application)I'm running HP-UX's snmp on udp port 161 and net-snmp on udp 1161. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
0 Replies

7. Solaris

SSH : Restarting too quickly, changing state to maintenance

Hi, I'm new to Solaris. I have an issue with ssh service. When I restart the service it exits with an exit status of 0 $svcadm restart svc:/network/ssh:default $echo $? 0 $ However, the service goes into maintenance mode after restart. I'm able to connect even though the service is in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
3 Replies
rc3(8)							      System Manager's Manual							    rc3(8)

NAME
rc3 - Run command script executed when entering a multiuser run level SYNOPSIS
rc3 DESCRIPTION
The rc3 script contains run commands that enable initialization of the system to a multiuser state; run level 3. In addition to commands listed within the script itself, rc3 contains instructions to run certain commands found in the /sbin/rc3.d directory. The script defines the conditions under which the commands execute; some commands run if the system is booting, other commands execute if the system is chang- ing run levels. By convention, files in the rc3.d directory begin with either the letter "S" or the letter "K" and are followed by a two-digit number and a filename; for example: S00inet S55inetd S70mount S65lpd In general, the system starts commands that begin with the letter "S" and stops commands that begin with the letter "K." Commands that begin with the letter "K" run only when the system is changing run levels from a higher to a lower level. Commands that begin with the letter "S" run in all cases. The numbering of commands in the /sbin/rc3.d directory is important since the numbers are sorted and the com- mands are run in ascending order. Files in the /sbin/rc3.d directory are normally links to files in the /etc/init.d directory. An entry in the inittab file causes the system to execute the rc3 run commands, for example: s3:3:wait:/sbin/rc3 < /dev/console > /dev/con- sole 2>&1 The following operations are typical of those that result from executing the rc3 script and the commands located in the /sbin/rc3.d direc- tory. The operation depends on which state the system is entering or exiting. Setting the time zone Checking the current run level Start- ing network services and daemons Starting (or stopping) system services and daemons Mounting file systems Setting the TIMEZONE variable is one of the first operations completed by the rc3 script. This action provides the default time zone for subsequent commands. FILES
Specifies the command path Specifies the directory of commands that correspond to the run level RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: init(8), rc0(8), rc2(8) delim off rc3(8)