Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: User restriction
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users User restriction Post 302351784 by methyl on Wednesday 9th of September 2009 01:23:06 PM
Old 09-09-2009
Code:
chmod 700 yyy
chown root:sys yyy

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restriction for more than one user

How do l restrict more than one users on a multiple programming environment using the c shell profile. That is if a user is log-on on one terminal the system should be able to prompt a message if the users attempt to log on on another terminal. I user openserver 5.0.4 with dummy terminals, and also... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
7 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Restriction to User

Dear all, I am trying to create a new user account that can have the minimum access to the HP-Ux box, as in it only need to perform system info query like bdf and only able to read access system log files but not able to delete any file from any other directory beside it's own user directory... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gelbvonn
5 Replies

3. Solaris

FTP Restriction

I have a senario and i wonder how to do it ? i used NcFTPd and i dont think its applicable using that application or i didnt know how to configure it. i want to have a user for FTP that user is only restricted to put and get from a certain directory and all sub-directories for that directory,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduweik
0 Replies

4. AIX

user session restriction

I want to restrict user's loging according to number of session. example the user named "patrik" can be login concurrently from 12 stations thru telnet the 13th if some body tries to telnet 13th session it should not allow, until any of the 12 sessions are closed. is it possibel ...i think... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchangba1
2 Replies

5. AIX

user session restriction

hi, I am facing a problem from the remote system if i login to my AIX5.3 machine as root (thru telnet) the session does not expire for 2 hours even if the session is kept ideal But whenever i do the same thing from some other user then the session is lost within 10 minutes (if session is kept... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchangba
2 Replies

6. AIX

Print queue restriction

Hi, I'm at AIX 5.3, I have a print queue named chqprinter, I want to allow access to print only 2 users to that print queue, jobs printed by all other users to above queue should be deleted. Any idea how to achieve that? ---------- Post updated at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous update was at... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a new user with restriction

Hello, I would to create a new user with some restriction: 1. The user will not be able to CD any directory (I mean he'll login to the defined home directory and that's all). 2. The user will not be able to delete anything in that home directory Thanks a lot in advance, Shahar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shaharoz
1 Replies

8. Linux

SFTP user access restriction to his home dir

Hi Friends, I have installed a FTP Server on my Linux machine (Fedora 11). I want the ftp users to be restricted to their own home dir using sftp. But the said condition is met when the user logs in using ftp over port 21 and when the user logs in using sftp i.e. protocol 22, he/she has... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pashy
4 Replies

9. AIX

User restriction on C/C++ compiler on AIX

Hello, I am curious that is there a way I can restrict a user or a set of users to execute the C/C++ compiler, basically what I want is to lock it down to a particular user and none of the other users should be able to compile any code. Thanks in advance. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: m6248m
14 Replies

10. Solaris

Sudo -s restriction

Is there a way to stop users envoking a root shell with sudo on Solaris 10. I want users to use sudo <cmd> but not sudo -s (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: u20sr
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)