Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Drivers not get detected while installing Solaris on Hp server Post 302351503 by TonyFullerMalv on Tuesday 8th of September 2009 06:58:13 PM
Old 09-08-2009
You have setup the hard disc from the BIOS? You press something like the F10 key during boot up to go into the BIOS to configure mirroring, RAID etc., perhaps this needs doing first?

This has a lot about a similar problem here:
Installation problems with Solaris x86 on a Compaq DL380 G..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Error while installing NIC drivers

After seeing that http://sol-enet.sourceforge.net/support.shtml had drivers for my NIC, I decided to download them on my windows machine so I could burn them to a CD and install them on my old gateway so I could try to get it on the internet. While following the instructions with the drivers, I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xtremepancakez
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun Ultra1 server. installing solaris without a graphic card?

i just got a sun ultra 1 from a guy. (for free) but it has no graphic card. how do install solaris 8 ? and how do i controll it afterwards ? ssh ? thanks Mads Nielsen (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mads-nielsen
2 Replies

3. Linux

i need help on installing some drivers

hello everyone i am a windows user and now im migrating to unix systems, i installed openSUSE linux on my system and i need help on installing the driver for a wireless USB adapter (TP-Link )and the driver for the graphic Card (geforce 5500). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abu_malek
1 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

Installing Nagios on Solaris for Network and Server Monitoring

Nagios is a free, open source enterprise-class network and server monitoring system that can benefit your IT infrastructure. Bill Bradford describes how to install and set up Nagios on a Solaris 10 system. For this example Bill uses Solaris 10 update 6 running in 32-bit mode on a VMware virtual... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Installing Generic Ascii Drivers For Line Matrix Printer

Hi, Does anybody have any idea as to how to setup a printer using a generic ascii driver? We have a Tally T6100 line matrix printer which is on our network and works fine in a Windows environment. We are trying to move this printer to Oracle Linux. I've contacted Tally as well as Printronix... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethnsolomons
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)