Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Amazon S3 storage mounting.
Operating Systems Solaris Amazon S3 storage mounting. Post 302351493 by TonyFullerMalv on Tuesday 8th of September 2009 06:23:40 PM
Old 09-08-2009
What is an "Amazon S3 share"? Does it natively share files using SMB or NFS, does it have a host operating system?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

CEP as a Service (CEPaaS) with MapReduce on Amazon EC2 and Amazon S3

Tim Bass 11-25-2008 01:02 PM Just as I was starting to worry that complex event processing community has been captured by RDBMS pirates off the coast of Somalia, I rediscovered a new core blackboard architecture component, Hadoop. Hadoop is a framework for building applications on large... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problems with udev & mounting fat32 usb storage

I have been trying to get USB storage devices to auto-mount themselves under "/media/usb/<dev>" but have been running into some problems with udev (on FC7, btw... running udevd v.106) Every time I put in a FAT (not 32) USB stick, udev identifies it as "USB storage", identifies the partition and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjinno
3 Replies

3. AIX

Mounting USB Mass Storage

Hi experts, recently i'm exploring USB with filesystem FAT32 mounting on my aix oslevel 6100-04-02-1007. I tried to google to get solutions but failed. Thus, i post it here hope to get solution. Appreciate :) This is my usb drives: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: polar
5 Replies
SMBUTIL(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						SMBUTIL(1)

NAME
smbutil -- interface to the SMB requester SYNOPSIS
smbutil [-hv] command [-options] [args] DESCRIPTION
The smbutil command is used to control SMB requester and issue various commands. There are two types of options -- global and local to the specified command. Global options are as follows: -h Print a short help message. -v Verbose output. The commands and local options are: crypt [password] Encrypt clear text password for use in the ~/.nsmbrc file. The encrypted password starts with the '$$1' symbols. Warning: the encryption function is very weak and intended only to hide clear text password. If password is omitted from the command line, smbutil will prompt for one. help command Print usage information about command. lc List active connections and their parameters. login [-connection_options] //user@server[/share] Login/attach to the specified server and/or share as user. This command will create and authenticate connection to an SMB server, and will leave it active after exit. Thus, it is possible to login only once and then use other SMB commands without authentication procedure and additional connections. For the description of -connection_options refer to the mount_smbfs(8) manpage (all uppercase options are connection options). logout //user@server[/share] Logout/detach from the specified server and/or share as user. This command will destroy a connection created by the login command. A connection may not be closed immediately if it is used by other programs. lookup [-w host] name Resolve the given name to an IP address. The NetBIOS name server can be directly specified via the -w option. print [-connection_options] //user@server/share file Send the given file to the specified queue on the remote server. If file is -, then standard input will be used. view [-connection_options] //user@server List resources available on the specified server for the user user. FILES
~/.nsmbrc Keeps description for each connection. See ./examples/dot.nsmbrc for details. AUTHORS
Boris Popov <bp@butya.kz>, <bp@FreeBSD.org> BUGS
Please report any bugs to the author. BSD
February 14, 2000 BSD