Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers what's the terminal command to do this ? Post 302351486 by DukeNuke2 on Tuesday 8th of September 2009 05:27:56 PM
Old 09-08-2009
and you can set a "umask" to have the dirs with the right permissions at creation time.

umask - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Plz Help : How to use write command to execute command on some other terminal

Hi Group , I m trying to execute commands on some other system using write command but inspite of executing the commands they r passed as simple messages. - i m writing >write user-id ! ls o ctrl-d inspite of executing the command ls,other terminal shows ! ls. Thnx in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aashish
2 Replies

2. Programming

read terminal command

hi how to read terminal command, just i want to read all command which write on terminal so please tell me any system call, api avilable in c for above purpose (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: munnu
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to email from the terminal

I have a script, myscript.sh that I need the output to be sent by email to bernadette@email.com bill@email.com and will@email.com . How do I go about making this happen? I am using the Macintosh Operating system with Entourage 2008 as my email client, but I would fine just doing this in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
4 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Automated Terminal Command Help

Is there a command that someone could help me with, that would automate me having to: 1. Go into multiple different folders (probably around 100) 2. Check and see if there are either 1(+) subfolders within that 3. If there are, check and see if there are either 1(+) .m4a / .m4p / .m4v files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: qcom
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is command line invocation of gnome-terminal to run more than one command possible?

Hello, I am trying to learn how to pass something more than a one-command startup for gnome-terminal. I will give an example of what I'm trying to do here: #! /bin/bash # #TODO write this for gnome and xterm USAGE=" ______________________________________________ ${0##*/} run... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
0 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Terminal Command into script

Hi All I have this script that checks to see if ntp is enabled on a machine launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.ntp.ntpd.plist It retuns org.ntp.ntpd: Already loaded if it is loaded, is there a way to script it so that if it is loaded it does not say anything but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

who command from non terminal in unix

I was executing a command "who -ms" from a CHUI application but i get below message, It seems that who command can be executed only when we are logged directly in unix box as we have terminal. Is there a way to get rid of this problem , or anyother command where i can get machine name of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitpct
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending command from one terminal to another.

Hello, I am running a program in a terminal. this program is just printing random words. I can change the color of each word by entering the first character of the color(for example G for Green). I want to write a bash code that runs in a different terminal and sends different characters to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alireza6485
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute ssh command with additional terminal command to any remote user not working script

Hello i am having an issue with bash script and this is the code now=$(cat hosts1.txt | awk '{print $2;}') while read n ;do ssh root@$now 'useradd test1; echo -e "test1\ntest1" | passwd test1 && echo "test1 ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL" >> /etc/sudoers' When i execute only part with cat, it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
8 Replies

10. Linux

Terminal command

I need to execute apt-cdrom to designate the pendrive using LM 18.3x 'live". (instead of CD-Rom) Rick (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 69Rixter
7 Replies
secweb(1M)																secweb(1M)

NAME
secweb - invokes the HP-UX Auditing and Security Attributes Configuration tool SYNOPSIS
[ ] [ ] DESCRIPTION
The HP-UX Auditing and Security Attributes Configuration tool ( ) is used to configure suditing sub-system and, view and configure system- wide and per-user (Local users and NIS users) values of security attributes. It also gives information about account locks. The HP-UX Auditing and Security Attributes Configuration tool provides both Web-based and terminal user interface (for Security Attributes Configuration only). The Web-based interface is launched through the HP System Management Homepage. Superuser privileges are required to access the HP-UX Auditing and Security Attributes Configuration tool. A user who does not have supe- ruser privileges has read-only access to the System Defaults area in the HP-UX Auditing and Security Attributes Configuration tool and can- not modify or reset per-user values. The terminal user interface is invoked if any of the following conditions are true: o The command is invoked with option. o The environment variable is not set. The Web-based interface is launched if all the following conditions are true: o The command is invoked with option. o The environment variable is set. o The command is available on the system. If the Web-based interface cannot be launched, invokes the terminal user interface. Options recognizes the following options: Forces a client browser to be used in less secure ways. The option forces the client browser to be used or started, even when the X-traffic between the X-server and the Mozilla browser is not secure. Use this option only when you are sure the network traffic between the host where Mozilla is running and the host in the DISPLAY variable is secure. If cannot start the Web browser, the terminal interface is started. When the HP-UX Auditing and Security Attributes Configuration Web interface is invoked by SAM, the option is used. If a privileged user (root) executes the command with the option, a temporary login bypass key is generated. The bypass key enables the user to access the Web interface without having to provide login information again. When the HP-UX Auditing and Security Attributes Configuration Web interface is invoked by SAM, the option is used. Opens the terminal interface for setting system-wide and per-user values of security attributes regardless of the current setting of the environment variable. You can also start the HP-UX Auditing and Security Attributes Configuration tool using one of the following methods: o Invoke and select the Auditing and Security Attributes Configuration (character mode) functional area to launch the terminal user interface and the Auditing and Security Attributes Configuration (Web-based Interface) to launch the Web-based tool o Invoke the HP-UX Auditing and Security Attributes Configuration tool Web interface by typing the URL in the address bar of your browser, where hostname is the name of the server o Launch the HP-UX Systems Insight Manager on the server and select the Auditing and Security Attributes Configuration tool from Configure -> HP-UX Configuration menu Online Help After the HP-UX Auditing and Security Attributes Configuration tool is started, the online help provides details on how to use the tool. RETURN VALUES
Upon completion, secweb returns one of the following values: o 0 Successful o 1 An error occurred WARNINGS
o For increased security, paste the URL in your browser, click on the Tools menu in the menu bar, then the Auditing and Security Attributes Configuration functional area. o The default minimum values of the security attributes , , , and does not meet the requirements for passwd(1M) command. A password must contain at least two letters and at least one numeric or special character. It is recommended to change the default values in for the above mentioned security attributes as per passwd(1M) requirements. For more information on password construction requirements, refer passwd(1M). AUTHOR
was developed by Hewlett-Packard Company. SEE ALSO
sam(1M), security(4), userdb(4) secweb(1M)