Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: html parsing using unix
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users html parsing using unix Post 302351104 by quintet on Monday 7th of September 2009 07:03:12 AM
Old 09-07-2009
try this command:

Code:
sed -ne '/<td class="modifications-data"> *modified/p' -e '/<td class="modifications-data"> *added/p' <<input_html_file>>|sed -e 's/.*>\([^<].*\.sql\) *<.*/\1/g'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HTML-CGI on Unix

AAAHHH!! I've made a perl program that you can run on a web browser. This program needs to be run everyday, and I don't want to have to run it everyday. The problem is when I try running the program from my terminal, all it does is print stuff to the terminal page (the program involves a lot of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sstevens
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML parsing by PERL

i have a HTML report file..its in attachment(a part of the whole report is attached..name "input html.doc").also its source is attached in "report source code.txt" i just want to seperate the datas like in first line it should be.. NHTEST-3848498958-NHTEST-10.2-no-baloo a and so on for whole... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avik1983
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing: How to go from HTML to CSV?

Dear all, I have to parse a large amount of html files, which I would like to transform into comma separated values. The html-files have the following structure: <tag1> CATEGORY_1 <tag2><tag3> HEADER_1 <tag4> <tag5> paragraph_1 <tag6> <tag5> paragraph_2 <tag6> <tag3>HEADER_2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: docdudetheman
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Html parsing - get line after specific string till a point

Hi all :) It sounds complex, for example I want to find the whole html file (there are 5 entries of this string and I need to get all of them) for the string "<td class="contentheading" width="100%">", get the next line from it only till the point that says "</td>", plus removing \t (tabs) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH parsing for html tags

Hello can anyone help me parse this line. <tr><td>United States of America</td><td>Dollar</td><td>43.309</td></tr><tr><td>Japan</td><td>Yen</td><td>0.5579</td></tr> the line above did not break. so i would like to have a result like this United States of America Dollar 43.309 Japan... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: doomsayer16
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing HTML, get text between 2 HTML tags

Hi there, I'm quite new to the forum and shell scripting. I want to filter out the "166.0 points". The results, that i found in google / the forum search didn't helped me :( <a href="/user/test" class="headitem menu" style="color:rgb(83,186,224);">test</a><a href="/points" class="headitem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mysthik
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl syntax and html ole parsing

Hi gurus I am trying to understand some advanced (for me) perl constructions (syntax) following this tutorial I am trying to parse html: Using Mojo::DOM | Joel Berger say "div days:"; say $_->text for $dom->find('div.days')->each; say "\nspan hours:"; say $_->text for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wakatana
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HTML parsing with UNIX shell script

Hi there, Infra/LEXUS0157/lexus0157.html-<tr><td>Minimum password age</td><td>3 days</td><td>Win2k8 Server</td></tr> How do I extract from this html with unix, I just need the 1.'Minimum password age' & 2. '3 days' parameter. Tried doing so with python, would like to have a better... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
7 Replies

9. Linux

Parsing - export html table data as .csv file?

Hi all, Is there any out there have a brilliant idea on how to export html table data as .csv or write to txt file with separated comma and also get the filename of link from every table and put one line per rows each table. Please see the attached html and PNG of what it looks like. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lxdorney
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Create html <ui> <li> by parsing text file

Hi you all, this is my first post in this forum. I'm italian (please forgive me) :-) so my english will fail to be correct... Anyway, let's get straight to the point! I have a text file like this: ,,,, Disney: 00961-002,,,, ,Pippo: 00531-002,,, ,,Pluto: 00238-002,, ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alcresio
5 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question record SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Question; $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); DESCRIPTION
A Net::DNS::Question object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10', 'PTR', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10'); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. One or both type and class arguments may be omitted and will assume the default values shown above. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in both in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa namespaces. decode $question = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); ($question, $offset) = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); Decodes the question record at the specified location within a DNS wire-format packet. The first argument is a reference to the buffer containing the packet data. The second argument is the offset of the start of the question record. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. An exception is raised if the object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). encode $data = $question->encode( $offset, $hash ); Returns the Net::DNS::Question in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet buffer. The optional arguments are the offset within the packet data where the Net::DNS::Question is to be stored and a reference to a hash table used to index compressed names within the packet. qname, zname $qname = $question->qname; $zname = $question->zname; Returns the question name attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zname() and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype $qtype = $question->qtype; $ztype = $question->ztype; Returns the question type attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as ztype() and refers to the zone type. qclass, zclass $qclass = $question->qclass; $zclass = $question->zclass; Returns the question class attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zclass() and refers to the zone class. print $object->print; Prints the record to the standard output. Calls the string() method to get the string representation. string print "string = ", $question->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c)2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c)2003,2006-2011 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::DomainName, Net::DNS::Packet, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.16.2 2012-01-27 Net::DNS::Question(3)