Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Archive Files over certain modification time Post 302351101 by dr.house on Monday 7th of September 2009 06:58:47 AM
Old 09-07-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelloir
I haven't tested yet with Spaces in the Directory or filenames yet [...]
To make this work as well, you may want to enclose the relevant values and variables in single and double quotes, respectively Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File modification time

Does anyone know how to display the time with seconds of when a file was last modified. I can get hour & minutes but would also like seconds. --Running AIX (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edog
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying the Last Modification Time of a specific file

How can I get and display the last modification time of a file? in scripting or specifically using Batch file I want this info for me to determine whether an image has been edited or not by using the last modification time and compare it to our stored date of modification. can somebody help... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaque18
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls -e to find out File modification time in secs

Hi All, I would like to know the file modification time till seconds in Unix. So I tried ls -e and it worked fine. This Solaris 5.10 -rw-rw-r-- 1 test admin 22 Sep 12 11:01:37 2008 test_message But I am not able to run the same command in SOlaris 5.6 and also in AIX/HP Is there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulkav
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

time modification in script

Hi All.. I have a file with a number of non-unique entries as below: 1243 01:42:29,567 --> 01:42:32,108 blah blah .... blah blah .. 1244 01:42:32,709 --> 01:42:34,921 blah blah .... 1245 01:42:35,214 --> 01:42:36,533 blah blah .... blah blah .. blah blah .... blah blah .. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: UniRock
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File modification time comparison

Hi All, I have two files (given below) each exists under different paths. I want to compare the modification time stamp of file1.txt is lessthan the modification time of file2.txt. month1=`ls -l file1.txt | awk '{ print $6}'` date1=`ls -file1.txt | awk '{ print $7}'` time1=`ls... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Modification Time of a file

Hi all, I need the modification time of a file on a particular day say 3 days before. I just don't want the last modification time. I need all the modification times on a particualar day. Is there anyway to do it? Kindly help. Could anyone tell me where the modification time is stored?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyab
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list the files based on the modification time using the find command?

Hi All, I need to list the files based modification time of the files from a directory, I cannot use "ls -t" as there are lot of files, which "ls" command cannot handle. New files will land there daily. So iam looking for an alternative through "find"command. All suggestions are welcomed. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kesavan
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ls ignoring files from their modification time

Hi everyone, I'd like to know if is there a way to list files but ignoring some according to their modification time (or creation, access time, etc.) with the command 'ls' alone. I know the option -I exist, but it seems to only looking in the file name.. Thank you in advance for the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keyhaku
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change modification time of file?

Explain it with proper e.g (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidpatil
4 Replies

10. AIX

Getting files through find command and listing file modification time upto seconds

I have to list the files of particular directory using file filter like find -name abc* something and if multiple file exist I also want time of each file up to seconds. Currently we are getting time up to minutes in AIX is there any way I can get file last modification time up to seconds. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nitesh sahu
4 Replies
PPI::Token::Quote(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      PPI::Token::Quote(3)

NAME
PPI::Token::Quote - String quote abstract base class INHERITANCE
PPI::Token::Quote isa PPI::Token isa PPI::Element DESCRIPTION
The "PPI::Token::Quote" class is never instantiated, and simply provides a common abstract base class for the four quote classes. In PPI, a "quote" is limited to only the quote-like things that themselves directly represent a string. (although this includes double quotes with interpolated elements inside them). The subclasses of "PPI::Token::Quote" are: '' - PPI::Token::Quote::Single "q{}" - PPI::Token::Quote::Literal "" - PPI::Token::Quote::Double "qq{}" - PPI::Token::Quote::Interpolate The names are hopefully obvious enough not to have to explain what each class is here. See their respective pages for more details. Please note that although the here-doc does represent a literal string, it is such a nasty piece of work that in PPI it is given the honor of its own token class (PPI::Token::HereDoc). METHODS
string The "string" method is provided by all four ::Quote classes. It won't get you the actual literal Perl value, but it will strip off the wrapping of the quotes. # The following all return foo from the ->string method 'foo' "foo" q{foo} qq <foo> literal The "literal" method is provided by ::Quote:Literal and ::Quote::Single. This returns the value of the string as Perl sees it: without the quote marks and with "\" and "'" resolved to "" and "'". The "literal" method is not implemented by ::Quote::Double or ::Quote::Interpolate yet. SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.18.2 2011-02-25 PPI::Token::Quote(3)