Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: user support
Operating Systems Solaris user support Post 302350719 by DukeNuke2 on Friday 4th of September 2009 04:08:42 PM
Old 09-04-2009
use the "break" sequence for your hardware... if there is a keyboard attached, use "stop + a" to go to OBP. it would help if you tell us which hardware you use...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Hands on Support

Check this link. Its Sun Solaris Docs link that place all sorts of Materials in it. From Hands on Support materials Etc. Quite intresting. Sun OS Hands on Docs. :cool: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: killerserv
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

HP Support Plus media

Hi folks, i owe a HP 9000 E55 (antique...) server. I also owe the original version of the OS HPUX 11.0. Unfortenately i can't find the HP-Support Plus medium. During the instlallation i was asked to put it in, i always skip this one. But the system runs not very well. On HP's website you can... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: FNORD
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XML support

Does Unix or Linux support XML (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: usha4u
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

SVG support

Okay, I know this is not necessarily a specific HP-UX OS question, but I'm hoping someone here may simply know the answer. We're trying to find out if SVG images are supported and viewable in any Mozilla (or Firefox) versions (1.5 or up) that are ported to HP-UX. On some platforms SVG requires a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nedlyj
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ntfs support

hello, I want to acces my other drives(NTFS) on my fedora 6......I had recomplied my kernel to 2.6.23....previously it was 2.6.18.... Also I had loaded driver for ntfs ie.......installed successfully ....fuse + ntfs-3g..... Now I am able to accces my other ntfs drives....... but what i need is... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunchaudhary19
11 Replies

6. AIX

Phone support

We have a 7028 p series server that has a lapsed hardware service contract, and I was attempting to create a billable tech support phone call, and IBM said that they do on site billable only. Is anybody out there aware of reputable third party support companies I might be able to contact. I have... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: markper
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Determining if user is local-user in /etc/passwd or LDAP user

Besides doing some shell-script which loops through /etc/passwd, I was wondering if there was some command that would tell me, like an enhanced version of getent. The Operating system is Solaris 10 (recent-ish revision) using Sun DS for LDAP. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckmehta
5 Replies

8. HP-UX

hp-ux support merced

hi all ! does anyone know what version hp-ux support VLIW Itanium (Merced) 733Mhz? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ijj
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Does vsftpd support user access with client certificate with priv/pub key + vsftpd certificate?

:rolleyes:I am trying to setup all certificate based client-server environment in Linux using vsftpd and curl with openssl. I would like to make a user access with vsftpd certificate and user own client certificate (self-signed) with private/public key. I don't see google posts about the my plan... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogogo
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

Does vsftpd support user subcommand?

I'm wondering if vsftpd supports user subcommand? I found I can't switch user after ftp login. Maybe someone can give me a certain answer. I always got the message as below, I enabled log_ftp_protocol=YES and checked the vsftpd.log, it didn't help much actually. The log file only... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bestard
6 Replies
pm(9P)							   Kernel Properties for Drivers						    pm(9P)

NAME
pm - Power Management properties DESCRIPTION
The pm-hardware-state property can be used to influence the behavior of the Power Management framework. Its syntax and interpretation is described below. Note that this property is only interpreted by the system immediately after the device has successfully attached. Changes in the property made by the driver after the driver has attached will not be recognized. pm-hardware-state is a string-valued property. The existence of the pm-hardware-state property indicates that a device needs special han- dling by the Power Management framework with regard to its hardware state. If the value of this property is needs-suspend-resume, the device has a hardware state that cannot be deduced by the framework. The frame- work definition of a device with hardware state is one with a reg property. Some drivers, such as SCSI disk and tape drivers, have no reg property but manage devices with "remote" hardware. Such a device must have a pm-hardware-state property with a value of needs-suspend- resume for the system to identify it as needing a call to its detach(9E) entry point with command DDI_SUSPEND when system is suspended, and a call to attach(9E) with command DDI_RESUME when system is resumed. For devices using original Power Management interfaces (which are now obsolete) detach(9E) is also called with DDI_PM_SUSPEND before power is removed from the device, and attach(9E) is called with DDI_PM_RESUME after power is restored. A value of no-suspend-resume indicates that, in spite of the existence of a reg property, a device has no hardware state that needs saving and restoring. A device exporting this property will not have its detach() entry point called with command DDI_SUSPEND when system is sus- pended, nor will its attach() entry point be called with command DDI_RESUME when system is resumed. For devices using the original (and now obsolete) Power Management interfaces, detach(9E) will not be called with DDI_PM_SUSPEND command before power is removed from the device, nor attach(9E) will be called with DDI_PM_RESUME command after power is restored to the device. A value of parental-suspend-resume indicates that the device does not implement the detach(9E) DDI_SUSPEND semantics, nor the attach() DDI_RESUME semantics, but that a call should be made up the device tree by the framework to effect the saving and/or restoring of hardware state for this device. For devices using original Power Management interfaces (which are now obsolete), it also indicates that the device does not implement the detach(9E) DDI_PM_SUSPEND semantics, nor the attach(9E) DDI_PM_RESUME semantics, but that a call should be made up the device tree by the framework to effect the saving and/or restoring the hardware state for this device. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
power.conf(4), pm(7D), attach(9E), detach(9E), pm_busy_component(9F), pm_idle_component(9F), pm-components(9P) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.11 20 Jan 2004 pm(9P)