Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux script help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Linux script help Post 302350450 by Vi-Curious on Thursday 3rd of September 2009 11:00:12 PM
Old 09-04-2009
If you had a flat file that contained the pages and file names like:
Code:
1-7 newfile1
8-234 newfile2
238-499 newfile3
500-1000 newfile4

then you code use something like this:
Code:
perl -nle '/(.+) (.+)/;qx(pdftk file.pdf cat $1 output $2.pdf)' infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux Script help

Hi Everyone , have a nice day given below is a simple linux script but its first part is not working ( variable k assignment ) , while second loop is working fine can anyone help me out with this #!/bin/sh echo "Enter Date" read date1 for i in 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dastard
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with linux shell script

HI im a novice with shell scripts but i need help with a random script I have this folder filled with 500 different file names... I need help creating a script that will take each filename and make a new folder named that filename and then move that file into the newly created folder. Then the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emachala
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with linux bash script

Hello everybody! This is my first time having to write a script so your help is most appreciated.Also i am a beginner when it comes to linux so please bare with me.Thanks in advance to all who will look into this for me. I have to write a bash script that will show the free space on the hard... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manike
4 Replies

4. Linux

linux script

I need to write a script to which need to track errors in log and need to check last 100 lines in the log at every 5 minits. if error fund need to mail my self error type 1. "STATE_ADMIN" if found need to print: <Jan 5, 2011 11:47:02 AM IST><ewaps2> <ADFAPPS2> < STATE_ADMIN 2."Java heap... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: udara
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help, Linux Script

#!/bin/sh args=("$@") echo "#=================================" echo "#Script Name:" echo "#By:" echo "#Purpose:" echo "#:Command Line: picoc" echo "#=================================" pico $@ this is my script. i think it is ok w/o error. but when i run it i got error. i'm using a VMBox... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jrdncchr
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need linux script!!

I have a text file like this: 25 raj 78 rohit 89 bhanu 58 mohit 29 mano 53 rohit 63 shiva 74 lapan 63 bhanu what i need is a linux script to reorganize this file by adding the relevant content(number) to the names and print only once.... please help me someone. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shan1990
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! Linux shell script

Hi all, I am trying to make a Nodemanager work in RHEL 5 I got this script from 'oraclemiddleware.wordpress.com', and made appropriate changes to suit my weblogic installation. I keep getting the error, "line 82: syntax error: unexpected end of file". I have checked every line to make sure all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakrv1
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux script

Hello, could you please help me with the following request? I need a linux command script that does the following. 1. delete folders folder1 and folder2 located in install/users/web/folder1&2. and also delete folder3 install/jboss/server/folder3. All these folders has many folder and files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bern11
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux script

can anyone help in this i have a file like 2089,success 2089,failure 2087,failure 2089,success 2087,failure. i want output like. 2089,success=2,failure=1 2087,success=1,failure=2 thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeep rawat
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux script - help!!

I need to create a bash script to run through crontab, to do the below job: 1- find files that are over 12 months old in /var "files are like file_201201222.mtd file_201201333.mtd 2- Tar them in /backup like: file_201201.tar.bz2 "every month in one tar file" 3- remove them after that 4- Send... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ahmad M. Kamel
8 Replies
Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)

NAME
Alien::Package::Rpm - an object that represents a rpm package DESCRIPTION
This is an object class that represents a rpm package. It is derived from Alien::Package. FIELDS
prefixes Relocatable rpm packages have a prefixes field. METHODS
checkfile Detect rpm files by their extention. install Install a rpm. If RPMINSTALLOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. scan Implement the scan method to read a rpm file. unpack Implement the unpack method to unpack a rpm file. This is a little nasty because it has to handle relocatable rpms and has to do a bit of permissions fixing as well. prep Prepare for package building by generating the spec file. cleantree Delete the spec file. build Build a rpm. If RPMBUILDOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. An optional parameter, if passed, can be used to specify the program to use to build the rpm. It defaults to rpmbuild. version Set/get version. When retreiving the version, remove any dashes in it. postinst postrm preinst prerm Set/get script fields. When retrieving a value, we have to do some truely sick mangling. Since debian/slackware scripts can be anything -- perl programs or binary files -- and rpm is limited to only shell scripts, we need to encode the files and add a scrap of shell script to make it unextract and run on the fly. When setting a value, we do some mangling too. Rpm maintainer scripts are typically shell scripts, but often lack the leading shebang line. This can confuse dpkg, so add the shebang if it looks like there is no shebang magic already in place. Additionally, it's not uncommon for rpm maintainer scripts to contain bashisms, which can be triggered when they are ran on systems where /bin/sh is not bash. To work around this, the shebang line of the scripts is changed to use bash. Also, if the rpm is relocatable, the script could refer to RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX, which is set by rpm at run time. Deal with this by adding code to the script to set RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX. arch Set/get arch field. When the arch field is set, some sanitizing is done first to convert it to the debian format used internally. When it's retreived it's converted back to rpm form from the internal form. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> perl v5.12.3 2011-06-11 Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)