Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Debugging Program during execution Post 302350154 by uunniixx on Thursday 3rd of September 2009 01:16:39 AM
Old 09-03-2009
I gone though gcov tool and that exactly suffices my need but the issue is that our codebase has hundreds of file compiled, linked to form one binary. So how do I use this tool on all the files as running on each file is very time consuming and does not seems to be a good approach.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how to run debugging on c program

Can someone help me debug a c program I am running? It gives me segmentation fault. I want to turn on debugging. Can some one give the command to turn it on? Below is the error I get: Segmentation Fault (core dumped) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibeg
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Debugging a c/c++ program

Can anyone tell the commands we use for debugging a programm in dbx with explanation for each? Iam totally new to unix environment (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bogarams
3 Replies

3. Programming

execution small C++ program in UNIX

Hi my friends I am beginner unix programmer I have written small c++ program in text editor and I have change it mode to 555 to make it executable file to use it in unix O.P. #include<iostream.h> main() { cout<<"Hello World"; } but some syntax erroe came for << can any one help... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bintaleb
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multifile c program compilation and execution

i am using unix os and my program is divided in two text files .:):) how to compile and make one executable file, using unix command. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alokmishra8
1 Replies

5. Programming

A program to trace execution of another program

Hi, I wanted to know if i can write a program using switches and signals, etc to trace execution of other unix program which calls c program internally. If yes how? If not with signals and switches then are there any other methods apart from debugging with gdb/dbx. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiten_hegde
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Program execution order like FIFO queue

Hi all: I have a problem with a C++ service runing on solaris 10. This service only set a signal on oracle table. When the service detect a cut off on the line (tcp/ip), trigger a cobol program for set the signal OFF. When the line is on again, the service trigger the same cobol program for set... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcastellani
0 Replies

7. Programming

Help with C++ program execution.

//Find the root of the equation (x^2)-2 by bisection method. #include<iostream> using namespace std; double a,x; double f(double x) { return ((x*x)-2); } //Suppose the function is (x*x)-2. void calcx(double a1,double b1) { x =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: poonam.gaigole
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating execution of commands inside a program

I have a program dnapars I execute the program from command line as following: ./dnapars The program then prompts me some message as a user menu from where I have to select a series of options in the order R U Y R. And then I copy the output file (outfile) in another result file. I wrote the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deeptisjains
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution of compressed program

I need UNIX scripts for polling, Uncompressing files and moving files between directory. Also trying to save file paths and any other variables in an independent file (.env) and use these at runtime by executing this file in the main script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2script
3 Replies

10. Programming

Debugging a program written in two languages

Subject: Debugging a program written in two languages Platform: Linux (Kubuntu) I am trying to debug a C application with bindings to some simple functions written in Ada using the GNAT Programming Studio IDE (GPS). The main entry point is in C. The debugger is gdb. I managed to compile... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NiGHTS
0 Replies
GIT-MERGETOOL(1)						    Git Manual							  GIT-MERGETOOL(1)

NAME
git-mergetool - Run merge conflict resolution tools to resolve merge conflicts SYNOPSIS
git mergetool [--tool=<tool>] [-y | --[no-]prompt] [<file>...] DESCRIPTION
Use git mergetool to run one of several merge utilities to resolve merge conflicts. It is typically run after git merge. If one or more <file> parameters are given, the merge tool program will be run to resolve differences on each file (skipping those without conflicts). Specifying a directory will include all unresolved files in that path. If no <file> names are specified, git mergetool will run the merge tool program on every file with merge conflicts. OPTIONS
-t <tool>, --tool=<tool> Use the merge resolution program specified by <tool>. Valid values include emerge, gvimdiff, kdiff3, meld, vimdiff, and tortoisemerge. Run git mergetool --tool-help for the list of valid <tool> settings. If a merge resolution program is not specified, git mergetool will use the configuration variable merge.tool. If the configuration variable merge.tool is not set, git mergetool will pick a suitable default. You can explicitly provide a full path to the tool by setting the configuration variable mergetool.<tool>.path. For example, you can configure the absolute path to kdiff3 by setting mergetool.kdiff3.path. Otherwise, git mergetool assumes the tool is available in PATH. Instead of running one of the known merge tool programs, git mergetool can be customized to run an alternative program by specifying the command line to invoke in a configuration variable mergetool.<tool>.cmd. When git mergetool is invoked with this tool (either through the -t or --tool option or the merge.tool configuration variable) the configured command line will be invoked with $BASE set to the name of a temporary file containing the common base for the merge, if available; $LOCAL set to the name of a temporary file containing the contents of the file on the current branch; $REMOTE set to the name of a temporary file containing the contents of the file to be merged, and $MERGED set to the name of the file to which the merge tool should write the result of the merge resolution. If the custom merge tool correctly indicates the success of a merge resolution with its exit code, then the configuration variable mergetool.<tool>.trustExitCode can be set to true. Otherwise, git mergetool will prompt the user to indicate the success of the resolution after the custom tool has exited. --tool-help Print a list of merge tools that may be used with --tool. -y, --no-prompt Don't prompt before each invocation of the merge resolution program. --prompt Prompt before each invocation of the merge resolution program. This is the default behaviour; the option is provided to override any configuration settings. TEMPORARY FILES
git mergetool creates *.orig backup files while resolving merges. These are safe to remove once a file has been merged and its git mergetool session has completed. Setting the mergetool.keepBackup configuration variable to false causes git mergetool to automatically remove the backup as files are successfully merged. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.3.1 06/10/2014 GIT-MERGETOOL(1)