Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete block of text in one file based on list in another file Post 302350109 by thegeek on Wednesday 2nd of September 2009 08:57:16 PM
Old 09-02-2009
Following implementation can help you out...

Code:
open IN, "<t1";
while(<IN>)  {
	chomp;
	$hash{$_} = 1;
}
$i = 0;
while(<>)  {
	if ( $_ !~ /^$/ )  {
		#print ">$_";
		$array[$i++] = $_;
		next;
	}
	if ( $i != 0 )  {
		$key = (split / /, $array[1])[3];
		chomp($key);
		print join '', @array if defined $hash{$key};
		$i  = 0;
	}
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

i want to delete a file based on existing file in a directory

hi i am having four files in a directory.like 1)sampleRej 2)exampleRej 3)samplemain 4)examplemain my requirement is i have to search for the rejected files (sampleRej,exampleRej) in a directory.if these files in that directory then i have to delete the main files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivsn
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete line in file based on data in another file

Hi there I would like to create a shell script to do the following: - delete a line in file1 if it contains the data string in file2 eg: file1 1 100109942004051510601703694 0.00 0.00 2 100109942004051510601702326 0.00 0.00 3 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: earth_goddess
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to delete folder based on text file information

I have been working on a script to list all the name's of a subfolder in a text file then edit that text file and then delete the subfolder base on the edited text file so far I have been able to do every thing I just talked about but can't figure out how to delete the subfolers base on a text file... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bone11409
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallel delete based flag from text file

Hi, I need a unix shell script for this requirement and is URGENT My input text file contains A-1 B-1 C-1 D-2 E-2 F-3 G-3 H-3 I-3 J-4 K-4 L-5 My expected result should be: if flag is 1, it has to delete A, B, C if flag is 2, it has to delete D,E if flag is 3, it has to delete... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moses_a
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script for replacing text in a file based on list

Hi All, I am fairly new to the world of Unix, and I am looking for a way to replace a line of text in a file with a delimited array of values. I have an aliases file that is currently in use on our mail server that we are migrating off of. Until the migration is complete, the server must stay... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoenixjc
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print multiple lines from text file based on pattern list

I have a text file with a list of items/patterns: ConsensusfromCGX_alldays_trimmedcollapsedfilteredreadscontiglist(229095contigs)contig12238 ConsensusfromCGX_alldays_trimmedcollapsedfilteredreadscontiglist(229095contigs)contig34624... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Oyster
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting lines from a text file based on another text file with line numbers

Hi, I am trying to extract lines from a text file given a text file containing line numbers to be extracted from the first file. How do I go about doing this? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete lines of a text file based on another text file?

I have 2 TXT files with with 8 columns in them(tab separated). First file has 2000 entries whereas 2nd file has 300 entries. The first file has ALL the lines of second file. Now I need to remove those 300 lines (which are in both files) from first file so that first file's line count become... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete records based on a text file from a text file

Hi Folks, I am a novice and need to build a script in bash. I have 2 text files data.txt file is big file, column 2 is the we need to search and delete in the output. The filter file contains the rows to be deleted. Data.txt state city zone Alabama Huntsville 4 California SanDiego 3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deletion of list of user based on a text file In LDAP UNIX server

Dear All, It would be really nice, if you could help me to write a script for deletion of list of user( more than 15000 users) stored in a file and sorted by email address( i need deletion of only a particular type of mail address). Is the any script to write and take the file as input and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chand
3 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)														 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)