Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HI Newbi in Unix (spanish)
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting HI Newbi in Unix (spanish) Post 302349992 by DukeNuke2 on Wednesday 2nd of September 2009 12:56:12 PM
Old 09-02-2009
Hello.

Per our forum rules, all posts must be in English.

We do provide translation services for posts from English to a number of languages as a benefit to users. However, posts must be in English.

Please repost in English.

Thank you for your cooperation.

The UNIX and Linux Forums.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbi - Understanding the Code and proper download

Hi, I am new to Unix and there is code that is trying to get data from a location and save it. However it's output is messing up some date fields in the source file (ie... in source is may say 10/10/2008, the code will output 10/10/20088). This is the piece of code. Can someone help to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpinto
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

viewing spanish file in vi editor

hi, I have a file in unix which contains spanish entries When I try to open the file in vi editor i can see some spaces as shown below when I ftp the same file and see in my machine i can see it clearly what settings i can use while viewing the file in vi plz find some snapshot of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Keyboard/Spanish

I am looking for information to find out the easiest way to have my keyboard be able to do Spanish punctuation marks when typing in word processing in Open Office....... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scuup
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spanish accent symbol removed by sed

Hello All in a text file I have to replace some numeric code by a string. This is an exemple of the file: 000000001 LDR L ^^^^^nam^^2200169Ia^45e0 000000001 008 L 100604s9999^^^^xx^^^^^^^^^^^^000^0^und^d 000000001 022 L $$a0365-6675 000000001 090 L $$aBMA 1934-1937. 000000001 245... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ldiaz2106
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove spanish accent from file name

Hello All hope all fine, I have a question about spanish accents... I have in a redhat server, a lot of files with Ñ or Ú accent into the NAME of the file. So my question is: Is it possible to change this name but with a script...to change all the occurence in one shot. Exemple: cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ldiaz2106
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Spanish Characters get converted in strange chrac

I am trying to sftp a textfile from windows to linux. The file includes some spanish characters. When I vi the file in LINUX, the special (spanish) characters get converted into some strange characters. anyone know how i can resolve this? for example México gets converted into México on LINUX. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrx1350
0 Replies

7. SuSE

Newbi: High availbilty extenstion for SLES 11 on VMware

Hi Guys , Can some one help me out with the basic requirements and steps required to setting up High availabilty extension in SLES11 sp2 on vmware .:) Iam struggling with the basic installation of SLES and finally completed it after a long trilas and it will be helpful if some one do help me... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shiek.kaleem
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spanish Shell script

Question,Anyone I found a script on github that I like it executes find but every word on the screen is in spainish ...other than learning Spanish...is there language translating software that will work on bash shell script to change it to English..?? large file has 4500 lines of code 254kb:wall:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bmark109
1 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Spanish Speaking Forum Members?

Hi! Any Spanish speaking forum members? If so, please reply! Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
DEBCONF-GETLANG(1)						      Debconf							DEBCONF-GETLANG(1)

NAME
debconf-getlang - extract a language from a templates file SYNOPSIS
debconf-getlang lang master [translation] debconf-getlang --stats master translation [...] DESCRIPTION
Note: This utility is deprecated; you should switch to using the po-debconf package. This program helps make and manage translations of debconf templates. There are basically three situations in which this program might be called: A translation is just being started. You want to provide the translator with a file they can work on that has the English fields from your templates file, plus blank Field- ll fields for the target language that they can fill in. To do this, run the program with first parameter being the code for the language that is being translated to, and the second parameter being the filename of the English templates file. A translation is well under way. You have changed some English text, or added more items to your templates file, and you want to send the translators a file with the English text plus their current translations (or you are the translator, and you want to generate such a file for your own use). To accomplish this, run the program with the first parameter being the the code for the language that is being translated to, the second parameter being the filename of the master English templates file, and the third parameter being the filename of the current translated file. When run this way, the program is smart enough to notice fuzzy translations. For example a fuzzy Description will be output as Description-<lang>-fuzzy, and a new, blank Description-<lang> will be added. Translators should remove the -fuzzy fields as they correct the fuzzy translations. Checking the status of a translation To check the status of a translation, use the --status flag, and pass the english template file as the first parameter, and all the other translated templates after that. It will output statistics for each of them. For example: debconf-getlang --stats debian/templates debian/templates.* NOTE
Note that the text in the generated templates may be word-wrapped by debconf. SEE ALSO
debconf-mergetemplate(1) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2012-09-10 DEBCONF-GETLANG(1)