Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl - passing hash references to functions Post 302349725 by SFNYC on Tuesday 1st of September 2009 04:46:09 PM
Old 09-01-2009
You can also use Data Dumper..

Code:
use Data::Dumper;
print Dumper(\%svhref);

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing Hash Tables to Subroutines

Hi: How do I pass a hash table down to a subroutine along with some other variables? For example, I have say a subroutine play_with_hash: sub play_with_hash { my( $var1, $var2, %my_hash ) = @_; #do stuff with %my_hash ........... } Then I want to call the subroutine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mirzabhai
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing command line parameters to functions - sh

All, I have a sh script of the following tune: function a () { #functionality.. } function b () { #functionnlity.. } function check () { # this function checks for env and if all fine call build } function usage () { #sh usage details } function build () { #calls either a or b or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arrays between functions

Hi, I have a function that hold 3 arrayies. I need to pass them to another function as an input, for further use Could you please explain how to do that. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing a hash to another script in perl

I have a script (say script1.sh ) and I am calling a script (say script2.sh) within the script1.sh. Here in script1.sh I have a hash ( say %hash1) and i have to pass this hash to script2.sh. Basically i have to do some processing in Scirpt2.sh based on the hash(key,values). I wanted to know how can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Hash:Can not keep hash data in the same order that it was inserted

Can Someone explain me why even using Tie::IxHash I can not get the output data in the same order that it was inserted? See code below. #!/usr/bin/perl use warnings; use Tie::IxHash; use strict; tie (my %programs, "Tie::IxHash"); while (my $line = <DATA>) { chomp $line; my(... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jgfcoimbra
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl References/Dereferences

Can someone explain where can we actually used print $var->; or print $$var When does the -> becomes necessary and when its optional. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing Hash variable in to sql query in perl

Hi Everyone, Can anyone help me how do i call hash variable in to sql query in perl. Please see the script below i have defined two Hash %lc and %tab as below $lc{'REFF'}='V_RES_CLASS'; $lc{'CALE'}='V_CAP_CLASS'; $lc{'XRPD'}='V_XFMR_CLASS'; $tab{'V_RES_CLASS'}='V_MFR_SERS';... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jam_prasanna
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl hash - using a range as a hash key.

Hi, In Perl, is it possible to use a range of numbers with '..' as a key in a hash? Something in like: %hash = ( '768..1536' => '1G', '1537..2560' => '2G' ); That is, the range operation is evaluated, and all members of the range are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsw
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query related to references in array in Perl

Hi All I have a doubt and want to be cleared I am using @array = (10, 20); $rarray = \@array; #print "$rarray\n"; #print "@$rarray\n"; $rr= \$array; #print $$rr; $rr++; print $$rr; As you can see the $rr contains the reference to the first element of the array , now as the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare values of hashes of hash for n number of hash in perl without sorting.

Hi, I have an hashes of hash, where hash is dynamic, it can be n number of hash. i need to compare data_count values of all . my %result ( $abc => { 'data_count' => '10', 'ID' => 'ABC122', } $def => { 'data_count' => '20', 'ID' => 'defASe', ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asak
1 Replies
Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar(3) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar(3)

NAME
Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar - return Dwarn @return_value SYNOPSIS
use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; return Dwarn some_call(...) is equivalent to: use Data::Dumper::Concise; if (wantarray) { my @return = some_call(...); warn Dumper(@return); return @return; } else { my $return = some_call(...); warn Dumper($return); return $return; } but shorter. If you need to force scalar context on the value, use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; return DwarnS some_call(...) is equivalent to: use Data::Dumper::Concise; my $return = some_call(...); warn Dumper($return); return $return; If you need to force list context on the value, use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; return DwarnL some_call(...) is equivalent to: use Data::Dumper::Concise; my @return = some_call(...); warn Dumper(@return); return @return; If you want to label your output, try DwarnN use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; return DwarnN $foo is equivalent to: use Data::Dumper::Concise; my @return = some_call(...); warn '$foo => ' . Dumper(@return); return @return; If you want to output a reference returned by a method easily, try $Dwarn $foo->bar->{baz}->$Dwarn is equivalent to: my $return = $foo->bar->{baz}; warn Dumper($return); return $return; If you want to format the output of your data structures, try DwarnF my ($a, $c) = DwarnF { "awesome: $_[0] not awesome: $_[1]" } $awesome, $cheesy; is equivalent to: my @return = ($awesome, $cheesy); warn DumperF { "awesome: $_[0] not awesome: $_[1]" } $awesome, $cheesy; return @return; If you want to immediately die after outputting the data structure, every Dwarn subroutine has a paired Ddie version, so just replace the warn with die. For example: DdieL 'foo', { bar => 'baz' }; DESCRIPTION
use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; will import Dwarn, $Dwarn, DwarnL, DwarnN, and DwarnS into your namespace. Using Exporter, so see its docs for ways to make it do something else. Dwarn sub Dwarn { return DwarnL(@_) if wantarray; DwarnS($_[0]) } $Dwarn $Dwarn = &Dwarn $DwarnN $DwarnN = &DwarnN DwarnL sub Dwarn { warn Data::Dumper::Concise::Dumper @_; @_ } DwarnS sub DwarnS ($) { warn Data::Dumper::Concise::Dumper $_[0]; $_[0] } DwarnN sub DwarnN { warn '$argname => ' . Data::Dumper::Concise::Dumper $_[0]; $_[0] } Note: this requires Devel::ArgNames to be installed. DwarnF sub DwarnF (&@) { my $c = shift; warn &Data::Dumper::Concise::DumperF($c, @_); @_ } TIPS AND TRICKS
global usage Instead of always just doing: use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; Dwarn ... We tend to do: perl -MData::Dumper::Concise::Sugar foo.pl (and then in the perl code:) ::Dwarn ... That way, if you leave them in and run without the "use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar" the program will fail to compile and you are less likely to check it in by accident. Furthmore it allows that much less friction to add debug messages. method chaining One trick which is useful when doing method chaining is the following: my $foo = Bar->new; $foo->bar->baz->Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar::DwarnS->biff; which is the same as: my $foo = Bar->new; (DwarnS $foo->bar->baz)->biff; SEE ALSO
You probably want Devel::Dwarn, it's the shorter name for this module. perl v5.18.2 2013-12-31 Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar(3)