Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring trap in etc/profile and user .profile Post 302349646 by seg on Tuesday 1st of September 2009 12:01:01 PM
Old 09-01-2009
`man trap`

Basically trap will prevent the /etc/profile script from being canceled or killed.
This User Gave Thanks to seg For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changed .profile but didnt ./.profile, yet reflected changes

hi , i added ls -F to .profile. and i need to do ./.profile for the effect to take effect BUT i didnt and YET the next day when i came to work and log in, the changes took effect. i am on aix. please explain.. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

User profile

Sorry to I am not familiar with script writing , attach is the /etc/profile in my system , we have limit each user can only have one login in the system . When the user login , if the system found the user have a dead process in the system , the system will confirm the user to kill the previous... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ust
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User Profile

Hi Guys, Im really new with this stuff...could anybody help to guide me ...how do i change/edit user profiile ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagasan_makmur
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

refresh user profile

Scenario: a non-root user is under primary group "devel" and I change their primary group to "nondevel"; I then want to be able to give the user a command which refreshes their user profile so that any new files created under their session are assigned to the new group. What is the command for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhinge
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I find a user profile

Hi, I want to know how can i find a user when he has logged in and how many times and days (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darwinscp@hotma
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

how can i find a user profile

Hi I want to know how can i find a user when he has logged in, at what time and how many days, anyone can help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darwinscp@hotma
1 Replies

7. AIX

Which file has the user profile?

It's been a long time since I've done this and I can't remember which file is needed to edit. I would like to change the prompt for a user on my AIX 5.3 box, but I don't see a .profile file or a rc.ksh file to edit. Which file do I need to edit to get this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

User profile, environment

Hello , i am on sles 11, and i can't figure out how can i locate my profile file, the one that is use for setting the environment when i log in. oracle@r200:~> cd oracle@r200:~> pwd /opt/oracle oracle@r200:~> echo $SHELL /bin/bash oracle@r200:~> oracle@r200:~> cat .profile cat: .profile:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying the .profile of one user to another.

I want to copy .Profile file from user1 homedirectoryto user2 homedirectory in Aix. Please help me with the process. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laxxi
4 Replies
AUTODEP(8)							     AppArmor								AUTODEP(8)

NAME
aa-autodep - guess basic AppArmor profile requirements SYNOPSIS
aa-autodep <executable> [<executable> ...] DESCRIPTION
aa-autodep is used to generate a minimal AppArmor profile for a set of executables. This program will generate a profile for binary executable as well as interpreted script programs. At a minimum aa-autodep will provide a base profile containing a base include directive which includes basic profile entries needed by most programs. The profile is generated by recursively calling ldd(1) on the executables listed on the command line. BUGS
This program does not perform full static analysis of executables, so the profiles generated are necessarily incomplete. If you find any bugs, please report them to bugzilla at <http://bugzilla.novell.com>. SEE ALSO
apparmor(7), apparmor.d(5), aa-complain(1), aa-enforce(1), change_hat(2), and <http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfmod/project/?apparmor>. NOVELL
/SUSE 2008-06-11 AUTODEP(8)