Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RedHat Updates
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat RedHat Updates Post 302349361 by fpmurphy on Monday 31st of August 2009 07:16:55 PM
Old 08-31-2009
You say that you are connecting to Redhat. Do you have a Redhat subscription? Also redhat moved from up2date to yum with the release of RHEL5.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

unix updates- Where can I find unix updates online for IBM servers?

I have a Unix based server running Sagitta and the server is giving me an error of 4b10004 and my research tells me this is an EPROM issue, which means the processor needs to be flashed or repaired. Once up and running where can I go to get updates for Unix? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crainer
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

updates only

Hi, I have a file called Data-today.Txt that is updated every 5 minutes. # cat '/root/Desktop/window/'`date +%b%Y`'/Data-'`date +%d%m%y`'.Txt' > /root/temp.txt I want to read it every hour and findout the changes and process only those lines added since the last check. I tried diff but did... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

RedHat Linux Automatic Updates

Hi All, we have about 50 RedHat Linux servers (v4.x, 5.x), now we planing to configure those servers to get updates(service packs, security patches...etc) automatically. whats is the best practises to do this. we also have SLES servers and we use Novell's SMT tool to get updates, we... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
15 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sort command results are different in Redhat 4 vs Redhat 5

Hi, I am having a text file with the following contents ########### File1 ########### some page1.txt text page.txt When I sort this file on Red Hat 5, then I get the following output ########### File1 ########### page1.txt page.txt some (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

5. Fedora

Installing updates

Hi, Im using Fedora version 23 (latest upgrade and upates). Currently to receive the updates, I use: su -c 'yum update' This works fine, but I get: yum command has been deprecated, redirecting to '/usr/bin/dnf update'. See 'man dnf' and 'man yum2dnf' for more information. To... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Janning
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron updates

This cmd will update the user's crontab with the quoted line. But how to script the update using a previously stored variable? crontab -l | awk '{print} END {print "* * * * * echo test >> /tmp/testing"}' | crontab crontab -l | awk '{print} END {print "$storedvariable"}' | crontab Does not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gtsonoma
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

Software updates?

On Hp-ux,I'm not talking about security patches.But free products like SecureShell. How to know if update is avaliable?On Solaris11 is possible using pkg update. On hpux?Some tool to check for outdated products and tell if new version is avaliable? ---------- Post updated at 03:24 AM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies
yum-updatesd.conf(5)					  yum-updatesd configuration file				      yum-updatesd.conf(5)

NAME
yum-updatesd.conf - Configuration file for yum-updatesd(8). DESCRIPTION
yum-updatesd uses a configuration file at /etc/yum/yum-updatesd.conf. Additional configuration information is read from the main yum.conf (5) configuration file. PARAMETERS
There is one section in the yum-updatesd configuration file, main, which defines all of the global configuration options. [main] OPTIONS The [main] section must exist for yum-updatesd to do anything. It consists of the following options: run_interval Number of seconds to wait between checks for available updates. updaterefresh Minimum number of seconds between update information refreshes to avoid hitting the server too often. emit_via List of ways to emit update notification. Valid values are `email', `dbus' and `syslog'. do_update Boolean option to decide whether or not updates should be automatically applied. Defaults to False. do_download_deps Boolean option to decide whether or not updates should be automatically downloaded. Defaults to False. do_download_deps Boolean option to automatically download dependencies of packages which need updating as well. Defaults to False. MAIL OPTIONS
email_to List of email addresses to send update notification to. Defaults to `root@localhost'. email_from Email address for update notifications to be from. Defaults to `yum-updatesd@localhost'. SYSLOG OPTIONS
syslog_facility What syslog facility should be used. Defaults to `DAEMON'. syslog_level Level of syslog messages. Defaults to `WARN'. FILES
/etc/yum/yum-updatesd.conf SEE ALSO
yum-updatesd(8) yum.conf(5) Jeremy Katz yum-updatesd.conf(5)