Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Raw Sockets Programming
Special Forums IP Networking Raw Sockets Programming Post 302349161 by Sandia_man on Monday 31st of August 2009 08:32:35 AM
Old 08-31-2009
Thanks a lot, I think I know enough of TCP/IP because I already have a networks course... Now I'm in network programming one... but it's good to know where I can find more information!!! When I start programming always appear some detail that I can't remember...
I'm reading a lot from different sources in intenet, but it's always better to have a good book...

Thanks again!!!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Sockets!?!?!?!?!?!

I am looking for a way to have a program listen on a port (example: 8000) for communication I will be sending via that port to it(Linux Kernel machine). Once it recieves an appropiate command I need it to run a .bat file in linux. I know what I need to do but I am running into a few problems:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigB8210
8 Replies

2. Solaris

Sockets in use

Is there a way to see what sockets are in use? The developers here are getting some defunct processes and they would like to get a socket list. This is on a Solaris 8 machine. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kjbaumann
1 Replies

3. Programming

Programming Sockets to Reconnect

Hello everyone, I'm very interested in sockets programming for developing games. Right now i'm trying to develop a client, and connecting to a host and port can be done, but i googled lots of pages, but i could not find how to reconnect to the host/port if the connection is somehow... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raistie
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Carreer:Networking Programming in Unix (C programming Language)

Hello, I am trying to learn Networking Programming in C in unix enviorment. I want to know how good it is to become a network programmer. i am crazy about Network programming but i also want to opt for the best carreer options. Anybody experienced Network Programmer, please tell me is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
5 Replies

5. Programming

c++, raw sockets, stopping kernel write in header?

Hi, im trying to lern about raw sockets with my debian and c++. Tried to make a icmp and tcp packet and send it with sendto. Checked on wireshark and recognized that kernel changed my headers. So searched about stopping the kernel change the header and tried it with setsockopt, like said in at this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandcastle
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Sockets

hai guys, I'm doing a project in which one server communicates with several clients. How can i do it when i have different port numbers???:confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshb6
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

From iOS programming to Linux system programming

Hello. I like Linux and C programming language. Allways wanted to understand kernel and become a Linux system programmer. And I also like Objective-C and iOS. These two programming areas have relations: 1. Linux and iOS are UNIX-like systems, POSIX compliant. 2. It is useful to know C language... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockatansky
2 Replies

8. Programming

Raw Socket Programming - Efficient Packet Sniffer

Hi, I have the requirement to sniff packets from the Ethernet card on my Linux machine and process it and feed it to a RANAP protocol stack. So far I have written the raw packet sniffer and successfully sniffing packets and do little processing. However, for huge number of packets ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rstnsrr
9 Replies
SPEEXENC(1)							   User Commands						       SPEEXENC(1)

NAME
speexenc - The reference implementation speex encoder. SYNOPSIS
speexenc [options] input_file output_file DESCRIPTION
Encodes input_file using Speex. It can read the WAV or raw files. input_file can be: filename.wav wav file filename.* Raw PCM file (any extension other than .wav) - stdin output_file can be: filename.spx Speex file - stdout OPTIONS
-n, --narrowband Narrowband (8 kHz) input file -w, --wideband Wideband (16 kHz) input file -u, --ultra-wideband "Ultra-wideband" (32 kHz) input file --quality n Encoding quality (0-10), default 8 --bitrate n Encoding bit-rate (use bit-rate n or lower) --vbr Enable variable bit-rate (VBR) --abr rate Enable average bit-rate (ABR) at rate bps --vad Enable voice activity detection (VAD) --dtx Enable file-based discontinuous transmission (DTX) --comp n Set encoding complexity (0-10), default 3 --nframes n Number of frames per Ogg packet (1-10), default 1 --comment Add the given string as an extra comment. This may be used multiple times --author Author of this track --title Title for this track -h, --help This help -v, --version Version information -V Verbose mode (show bit-rate) Raw input options: --rate n Sampling rate for raw input --stereo Consider raw input as stereo --le Raw input is little-endian --be Raw input is big-endian --8bit Raw input is 8-bit unsigned --16bit Raw input is 16-bit signed Default raw PCM input is 16-bit, little-endian, mono More information is available from the Speex site: http://www.speex.org Please report bugs to the mailing list `speex-dev@xiph.org'. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Jean-Marc Valin speexenc version 1.1 September 2003 SPEEXENC(1)