Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Raw Sockets Programming
Special Forums IP Networking Raw Sockets Programming Post 302348560 by Sandia_man on Friday 28th of August 2009 03:10:19 PM
Old 08-28-2009
Raw Sockets Programming

Hi everybody!!
I'm studding at the university raw sockets, but i can't find a good place to read about them...
Does anybody now where i can find some information???
I've been goggling a lot but couldn't find nothing useful, just man pages...

by the way, I'm programming under Linux...

Bye!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Sockets!?!?!?!?!?!

I am looking for a way to have a program listen on a port (example: 8000) for communication I will be sending via that port to it(Linux Kernel machine). Once it recieves an appropiate command I need it to run a .bat file in linux. I know what I need to do but I am running into a few problems:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigB8210
8 Replies

2. Solaris

Sockets in use

Is there a way to see what sockets are in use? The developers here are getting some defunct processes and they would like to get a socket list. This is on a Solaris 8 machine. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kjbaumann
1 Replies

3. Programming

Programming Sockets to Reconnect

Hello everyone, I'm very interested in sockets programming for developing games. Right now i'm trying to develop a client, and connecting to a host and port can be done, but i googled lots of pages, but i could not find how to reconnect to the host/port if the connection is somehow... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raistie
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Carreer:Networking Programming in Unix (C programming Language)

Hello, I am trying to learn Networking Programming in C in unix enviorment. I want to know how good it is to become a network programmer. i am crazy about Network programming but i also want to opt for the best carreer options. Anybody experienced Network Programmer, please tell me is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
5 Replies

5. Programming

c++, raw sockets, stopping kernel write in header?

Hi, im trying to lern about raw sockets with my debian and c++. Tried to make a icmp and tcp packet and send it with sendto. Checked on wireshark and recognized that kernel changed my headers. So searched about stopping the kernel change the header and tried it with setsockopt, like said in at this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandcastle
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Sockets

hai guys, I'm doing a project in which one server communicates with several clients. How can i do it when i have different port numbers???:confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshb6
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

From iOS programming to Linux system programming

Hello. I like Linux and C programming language. Allways wanted to understand kernel and become a Linux system programmer. And I also like Objective-C and iOS. These two programming areas have relations: 1. Linux and iOS are UNIX-like systems, POSIX compliant. 2. It is useful to know C language... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockatansky
2 Replies

8. Programming

Raw Socket Programming - Efficient Packet Sniffer

Hi, I have the requirement to sniff packets from the Ethernet card on my Linux machine and process it and feed it to a RANAP protocol stack. So far I have written the raw packet sniffer and successfully sniffing packets and do little processing. However, for huge number of packets ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rstnsrr
9 Replies
Graph::UnionFind(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Graph::UnionFind(3pm)

NAME
Graph::UnionFind - union-find data structures SYNOPSIS
use Graph::UnionFind; my $uf = Graph::UnionFind->new; # Add the vertices to the data structure. $uf->add($u); $uf->add($v); # Join the partitions of the vertices. $uf->union( $u, $v ); # Find the partitions the vertices belong to # in the union-find data structure. If they # are equal, they are in the same partition. # If the vertex has not been seen, # undef is returned. my $pu = $uf->find( $u ); my $pv = $uf->find( $v ); $uf->same($u, $v) # Equal to $pu eq $pv. # Has the union-find seen this vertex? $uf->has( $v ) DESCRIPTION
Union-find is a special data structure that can be used to track the partitioning of a set into subsets (a problem known also as disjoint sets). Graph::UnionFind() is used for Graph::connected_components(), Graph::connected_component(), and Graph::same_connected_components() if you specify a true "union_find" parameter when you create an undirected graph. Note that union-find is one way: you cannot (easily) 'ununion' vertices once you have 'unioned' them. This means that if you delete edges from a "union_find" graph, you will get wrong results from the Graph::connected_components(), Graph::connected_component(), and Graph::same_connected_components(). API add $uf->add($v) Add the vertex v to the union-find. union $uf->union($u, $v) Add the edge u-v to the union-find. Also implicitly adds the vertices. has $uf->has($v) Return true if the vertex v has been added to the union-find, false otherwise. find $uf->find($v) Return the union-find partition the vertex v belongs to, or "undef" if it has not been added. new $uf = Graph::UnionFind->new() The constructor. same $uf->same($u, $v) Return true of the vertices belong to the same union-find partition the vertex v belongs to, false otherwise. AUTHOR AND COPYRIGHT
Jarkko Hietaniemi jhi@iki.fi LICENSE
This module is licensed under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.0 2008-11-27 Graph::UnionFind(3pm)