Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: OOM KIller INVOKE
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users OOM KIller INVOKE Post 302348168 by achenle on Thursday 27th of August 2009 02:10:51 PM
Old 08-27-2009
Better yet, if you want to keep your server up don't oversubscribe resources in the first place.

Code:
         echo 2 > /proc/sys/vm/overcommit_memory

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

invoke same script twice

hey, can I invoke the same script twice simultaneously? I want both instances to run at the same time with different parameters. Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help rsh killer

hi everyone , i have a rsh problem , some of the users letf a lot of rsh sesions opened , i need a script that chek with a "ps -fea | grep rsh" and kill every sesion that not start today . for example root 26770 26767 0 Apr 17 ? 0:00 rsh c-108 find / -type d -mtime +1 -name... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonzo
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to invoke ESC+K

How to invoke ESC+K to get recent commands in Korn Shell. In some of the unix machine ESC+K is available and in some machines, it does not work. All of the machines that I work have Korn shell. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbygsk
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

invoke fork command

Hi, I have startup shell script called "xxxxx" for Jboss server which is taking more than expected timeline to complete the process, here I want to use the fork command to start the child process for non dependent component I have a scheduler called "yyyy" which is currently getting invoked... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harish76
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to invoke an URL

Hi, I am trying to invoke an service using URL. I want to know how to call that url with nohup. nohup links "__http://Administrator:assword@ServName:8080/invoke/wm.server.admin/shutdown?bounce=no&option=force&timeout=0" & I am trying to run this command on unix command prompt, But in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: swap27
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoke Procedure Help

Hello unix.com users, I reached a dead end with a procedure. My files: x.pl #!/usr/bin/perl use Net::FTP; my $host = $ARGV; my $user = $ARGV; my $pass = $ARGV || ""; my $port = "21"; $ftp=Net::FTP->new("$host", Port=>"$port", Timeout => 5) or die("couldn't connect to host:" .... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: galford
2 Replies