Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unable to remove folder in linux Post 302348051 by radoulov on Thursday 27th of August 2009 08:10:08 AM
Old 08-27-2009
Code:
rm -r -- -a

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove zero bytes files in folder

Hi, Please shed some light on how to quickly remove all the zero bytes in which there are some mixtures of more than zero bytes in it. For eg: > ls -lrt -rw-r--r-- 1 ab noen 0 Jul 27 15:47 supplier_mp.unl -rw-rw-r-- 1 ab noen 507 Aug 5 14:13... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cedrichiu
2 Replies

2. Linux

Unable to access fedora 10 shared folder from windows

Linux OS : Fedora 10 (No graphical mode) Windows OS : XP and Windows Server NT I am able to access from my windows to linux using following step //fedora10 ip username of admin and password I am able to view the admin and shared printer of fedora 10. When i try to enter in the admin... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nightmare49
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Unable to remove shared memory in Redhat Linux

unable to remove shared memory using ipcrm -m in linux $ ipcs -m ------ Shared Memory Segments -------- key shmid owner perms bytes nattch status 0x00000000 32768 root 644 80 2 0x00000000 65537 root ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxLearner
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove all folders within another folder except the lastest 1, 2 or 3.

I am using this command to remove all files and folders older than 24 hours; find /databackup/dbs/* -maxdepth 0 -type d -mtime +0 -exec rm -rf {} \; However, if/when backups to this folder fail and are not updated, it will completely destroy any backups we have in that folder. What can I add... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: damang111
14 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to create folder as a user

Hi All, I am trying to create a folder in /export/home/user1 directory as a user1 but I am getting the error message as -bash-3.00$ mkdir abc mkdir: Failed to make directory "abc"; Permission denied Also I tried creating the folder but it fails too -bash-3.00$ touch abc touch: cannot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath K V
2 Replies

6. AIX

Unable to share win folder in AIX

Hi, Iam unable to share WInXp folder in AIX, i configured samba, its working fine, i am able to access win folder from AIX by using samba but unbale to access AIX folder from Windows. bash-3.00# mount -v cifs -n Win_IP/Win_username/Win_passwd /Win_Folder /AIX-folder Result: There was an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpasha06
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to list folder contents

I'm unable to list the contents of a directory once I move into it. I have full permissions on this directory (called "Scripts" in the below example). The scenario is shown below in detail: Command 'ls' works fine to begin with: 1: pmn@linuxhost /home/pmn > cd /opt/smt/proiv 2:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmn
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove folder contents

for dir in BKP/*/ do echo You are in :$dir done O/P -- BKP/201448/ BKP/201449/ BKP/201450/ BKP/201451/ BKP/201452/ BKP/201501/ BKP/201502/ BKP/201503/ BKP/201504/ BKP/201505/ BKP/201506/ BKP/201507/ (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocking77
3 Replies

9. HP-UX

Unable to mount shared folder from Linux server

Hi all, I have 3 servers, rx2600, rx2600, and rx2660. I have another x86 server running on Suse, and create a shared folder named /public From 1 of the rx2600 server I can mount that shared folder : intaqa:/>mount 10.1.2.82:/public /bkup intaqa:/>cd /bkup But from 2 others server I... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: rexmale
29 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Unable to access the CIFS share folder on windows by IP

Hi All Actually I have NAS Storage and Suddenly I got problem Unable to access the CIFS share folder on windows host, however the IP is pinging and the share is accessible via share name. The share can be accessed via share name only on Windows higher Windows Versions. Any help guys (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abu_SM
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)