Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris NFS resource goes down frecuently in solaris zone Post 302347752 by kumarmani on Wednesday 26th of August 2009 10:26:17 AM
Old 08-26-2009
How your NFS file system mounted? you can get the detail in /var/adm/message or dmesg

some thing like below

Code:
/patches]NFS server 10.248.1.4 not responding; still trying
Aug 19 10:07:43 uuerspndp1 nfs: [ID 559769 kern.info] NOTICE: [NFS4][Server: 10.248.1.4][Mntpt: /net/10.248.1.4/export/install
/patches]NFS server 10.248.1.4 ok
Aug 19 10:07:43 uuerspndp1 nfs: [ID 733954 kern.info] NOTICE: [NFS4][Server: 10.248.1.4][Mntpt: /net/10.248.1.4/export/install
/patches]NFS server 10.248.1.4 not responding; still trying
Aug 19 10:07:44 uuerspndp1 nfs: [ID 559769 kern.info] NOTICE: [NFS4][Server: 10.248.1.4][Mntpt: /net/10.248.1.4/export/install
/patches]NFS server 10.248.1.4 ok

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 09-09-2009 at 03:12 AM.. Reason: changed quote to code tags

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

SCO6 NFS Problem mounting Windows resource

Hi, We are testing SCO6 for an upgrade. We currently have a SCO5.0.4 system that mounts a remote directory on a Windows 2000 server. The windows server has 'services for unix' installed to enable the required directory to be mounted on the SCO system. On SCO we run '/etc/mount -v -f NFS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidnagra
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Could I re-export a NFS resource to a third server ?

Hey Guys. Could someone said if is possible take a NFS resource get it from a original Server a export it and mount it in a third server ? Thank in Advace.... SUN ADMIN (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aggadtech08
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

DNS does all slave Name Server must be in the zone Resource Record file?

Hy guys, I've a problem configuring my Name Server (using bind 9) which is I'ts always necessary to put all slave Name Server for a zone in the zone resource record file or db (as you prefer)? I've this scenario: A - my domain which is son of some TLD and I delegated into two new domains B... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pharaoh
1 Replies

4. AIX

HACMP, NFS cross-mount problem. Can not move resource group

Hi, I'm new to HACMP. Currently I setup a cluster with nfs cross-mount follow this guide: kristijan.org NFS cross-mounts in PowerHA/HACMPMy cluster has two nodes: erp01 and erp02. I'm using nfs4 with filesystem for nfs is: /sapnfs Cluster start without problems. But I cannnot move RG (with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giobuon
3 Replies

5. Solaris

NFS server on Solaris 10 branded zone

I am trying to get a NFS share on a Solaris 10 branded zone. I have read that this is not possible...but I was hoping someone here could tell me different. share -F nfs -o ro,anon=0 /dir This would really surprise me that you cannot do this. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aeroforce
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 10: I forgot to detach a zone before zpool export. Uninstall zone?

Dear all, recently, I migrated a solaris zone from one host to another. The zone was inside of a zpool. The zpool cotains two volumes. I did the following: host1: $ zlogin zone1 shutdown -y -g0 -i0 #Zone status changes from running to installed $ zpool export zone1 host2: $ zpool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: custos
2 Replies

7. AIX

Sysmirror 7.1.3 Resource Group NFS mounts

Hello all, I'm working to fix a two-node SysMirror cluster that uses NFS mounts from a NetApp appliance as the data repository. Currently all the NFS mounts/unmounts are called from the application controller scripts, and since file collection isn't currently working, (One fight at at time... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZekesGarage
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 11 Global zone patching having Solaris 10 branded zone

I am planning to do solaris 11 global zone patching having solaris 10 branded zone. I have a doubts on step 8 specially Can someone clear my step 8 doubts or if anything wrong between step 1 to step 9 please correct that also as I have pretty good idea about Step 10 mean patching in solaris 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11 zone has no external network access (except to Global Zone)

Hi, hoping someone can help, its been a while since I used Solaris. After creating a NGZ (non global zone), the NGZ can access the GZ (Global Zone) and the GZ can access the NGZ (using ssh, zlogin) However, the NGZ cannot access any other netwqork devices, it can't even see the default router ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GazinLincoln
2 Replies
nfsstat(8)						      System Manager's Manual							nfsstat(8)

NAME
nfsstat - list NFS statistics SYNOPSIS
nfsstat [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
The nfsstat displays statistics kept about NFS client and server activity. OPTIONS
-s, --server Print only server-side statistics. The default is to print both server and client statistics. -c, --client Print only client-side statistics. -n, --nfs Print only NFS statistics. The default is to print both NFS and RPC information. -2 Print only NFS v2 statistics. The default is to only print information about the versions of NFS that have non-zero counts. -3 Print only NFS v3 statistics. The default is to only print information about the versions of NFS that have non-zero counts. -4 Print only NFS v4 statistics. The default is to only print information about the versions of NFS that have non-zero counts. -m, --mounts Print information about each of the mounted NFS file systems. If this option is used, all other options are ignored. -r, --rpc Print only RPC statistics. -o facility Display statistics for the specified facility, which must be one of: nfs NFS protocol information, split up by RPC call. rpc General RPC information. net Network layer statistics, such as the number of received packets, number of TCP connections, etc. fh Usage information on the server's file handle cache, including the total number of lookups, and the number of hits and misses. rc Usage information on the server's request reply cache, including the total number of lookups, and the number of hits and misses. all Display all of the above facilities. -v, --verbose This is equivalent to -o all. -l, --list Print information in list form. -S, --since file Instead of printing current statistics, nfsstat imports statistics from file and displays the difference between those and the cur- rent statistics. Valid input files may be in the form of /proc/net/rpc/nfs (raw client stats), /proc/net/rpc/nfsd (raw server stats), or saved output from nfsstat itself (client and/or server stats). Any statistics missing from a saved nfsstat output file are treated as zeroes. -Z[interval], --sleep=[interval] Instead of printing current statistics and immediately exiting, nfsstat takes a snapshot of the current statistics and pauses until it receives SIGINT (typically from Ctrl-C), at which point it takes another snapshot and displays the difference between the two. If interval is specified, nfsstat will print the number of NFS calls made since the previous report. Stats will be printed repeat- edly every interval seconds. EXAMPLES
nfsstat -o all -234 Show all information about all versions of NFS. nfsstat --verbose -234 Same as above. nfsstat -o all Show all information about active versions of NFS. nfsstat --nfs --server -3 Show statistics for NFS version 3 server. nfsstat -m Show information about mounted NFS filesystems. DISPLAY
The Flags output from the -m option is the same as the flags give to the mount command. FILES
/proc/net/rpc/nfsd procfs-based interface to kernel NFS server statistics. /proc/net/rpc/nfs procfs-based interface to kernel NFS client statistics. /proc/mounts procfs-based interface to the mounted filesystems. SEE ALSO
rpc.nfsd(8). nfs(5). BUGS
The default output has been changed. To get the old default output you must run nfsstat --auto -2. The function of the -v and -a options have changed. The -a option is now reserved for future use. The -v does what the -a option used to do, and the new -[234] options replace the -v option. The Display section should be more complete. Further bugs can be found or reported at http://nfs.sf.net/. AUTHOR
Olaf Kirch, <okir@suse.de> 7 Aug 2007 nfsstat(8)