Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Create shortcut to a directory in unix Post 302347421 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 25th of August 2009 03:59:48 PM
Old 08-25-2009
To create a symbolic link from ~/project/Space/outputs to ~/outputs, you could use:
Code:
ln -s ../../outputs ~/project/Space/outputs

-or-
Code:
ln -s ~/outputs ~/project/Space/outputs

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 08-25-2009 at 05:06 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shortcut in unix?

Sorry, anybody here knows how to make a shortcut in unix? Thanks. Sebastian. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: seba
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shortcut to home directory?

Also, Wherever you are exploring files in the UNIX structure you can jusy type "cd". This will take you to your home directory. Hope that helps. Cheers! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guest100
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with find command on a shortcut directory(Alias)???

Hi All, I am trying to find some files on a directory( /usr/users/xyz/log) which is an alias to another directory(/spare/log). My find works fine on /spare/log but it doesnt return anything when i use it on /usr/users/xyz/log. Any Ideas on how to proceed. Thanks in advance. Swamy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swamy455
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unable to create any directory that uses numbers as the directory name

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): ================================================================== root@server # cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant Update 5) root@server # uname -a Linux server.integrityserver.net... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
16 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Create script to add user and create directory

first off let me introduce myself. My name is Eric and I am new to linux, I am taking an advanced linux administration class and we are tasked with creating a script to add new users that anyone can run, has to check for the existence of a directory. if the directory does not exist then it has... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbhound
12 Replies

6. Solaris

How to create a shortcut for Openoffice?

Hello all, I am facing some problem after installing the Openoffice in Solaris 10. The installation is successful but i cannot find any icon or shortcut on both Application and Desktop... please help me on this.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aungyepaing
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy real file from a shortcut preserving the time stamps and directory tree

I have directory with shorcuts of files. for example: gara@yn\short\name1 ( shortcut to gara@yn\FOLDER\OPT\GARA\1.jpg ) gara@yn\short\name2 ( shortcut to gara@yn\FOLDER\OPT\GARA\11.jpg ) gara@yn\short\name3 ( shortcut to gara@yn\MARA\URSA\2.jpg ) gara@yn\short\name4 ( shortcut to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogok_bg
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with date, create directory, move to the created directory

Hi all, i have a folder, with tons of files containing as following, on /my/folder/jobs/ some_name_2016-01-17-22-38-58_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-40-30_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-48-50_some name_0_0.zip.done and these can be lots of similar files,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How Create new directory and move files to that directory.?

Hi All, We have main directory called "head" under this we have several sub directories and under these directories we have sub directories. My requirement is I have to find the SQL files which are having the string "procedure" under "head" directory and sub directories as well. And create... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROCK_PLSQL
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script cannot create directory and move the file to that directory

I have a script, which is checking if file exists and move it to another directory if then mkdir -p ${LOCL_FILES_DIR}/cool_${Today}/monthly mv report_manual_alloc_rpt_A_I_ASSIGNMENT.${Today}*.csv ${LOCL_FILES_DIR}/cool_${Today}/monthly ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
9 Replies
i2d_PKCS7_bio_stream(3SSL)					      OpenSSL						i2d_PKCS7_bio_stream(3SSL)

NAME
i2d_PKCS7_bio_stream - output PKCS7 structure in BER format. SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/pkcs7.h> int i2d_PKCS7_bio_stream(BIO *out, PKCS7 *p7, BIO *data, int flags); DESCRIPTION
i2d_PKCS7_bio_stream() outputs a PKCS7 structure in BER format. It is otherwise identical to the function SMIME_write_PKCS7(). NOTES
This function is effectively a version of the d2i_PKCS7_bio() supporting streaming. BUGS
The prefix "d2i" is arguably wrong because the function outputs BER format. RETURN VALUES
i2d_PKCS7_bio_stream() returns 1 for success or 0 for failure. SEE ALSO
ERR_get_error(3), PKCS7_sign(3), PKCS7_verify(3), PKCS7_encrypt(3) PKCS7_decrypt(3), SMIME_write_PKCS7(3), PEM_write_bio_PKCS7_stream(3) HISTORY
i2d_PKCS7_bio_stream() was added to OpenSSL 1.0.0 1.0.1e 2013-02-11 i2d_PKCS7_bio_stream(3SSL)