Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Column query
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Column query Post 302347269 by navjotmannan on Tuesday 25th of August 2009 09:43:04 AM
Old 08-25-2009
Hi guys plzz....reply i have modified the query.

Regards
Navjot

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

First Script: Query every table with column xxx.

Hi all, Im new to scripting and have no idea how to start this. Recently I had to Query an Oracle database to find a count(distinct version) from every single table inside. I want to write this up into a script for the future. I have a template to connect to the database, so that is not the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Iniquity
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

add the output of a query to a variable to be used in another query

I would like to use the result of a query in another query. How do I redirect/add the output to another variable? $result = odbc_exec($connect, $query); while ($row = odbc_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row,"\n"; } odbc_close($connect); ?> This will output hostnames: host1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing one column of delimited file column to fixed width column

Hi, Iam new to unix. I have one input file . Input file : ID1~Name1~Place1 ID2~Name2~Place2 ID3~Name3~Place3 I need output such that only first column should change to fixed width column of 15 characters of length. Output File: ID1<<12 spaces>>Name1~Place1 ID2<<12... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manneni prakash
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match column 3 in file1 to column 1 in file 2 and replace with column 2 from file2

Match column 3 in file1 to column 1 in file 2 and replace with column 2 from file2 file 1 sample SNDK 80004C101 AT XLNX 983919101 BB NETL 64118B100 BS AMD 007903107 CC KLAC 482480100 DC TER 880770102 KATS ATHR 04743P108 KATS... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rydz00
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference of the same column when two other column matches and one column differs less than 1 hour

This is my input file : # cat list 20130430121600, cucm, location,76,2 20130430121600,cucm1,location1,76,4 20130430122000,cucm,location,80,8 20130430122000,cucm1,location1,90,8 20130430140000,cucm1,location1,87,11 20130430140000, cucm,location,67,9 This is the required output ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lakshmikumari
1 Replies

8. Programming

Query to SELECT only Column Names that Contain a Specific String?

Hey Guys, I'm using SQuirreL SQL v3.5 GUI to fetch some data that I need for something I'm working on. I'm also using the IBM Informix Driver (*Version 3.5) to connect to the Database. What I want to do, if it's even possible, is to show all COLUMNS if they contain the word "Email". So in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning multiple column's value from Oracle query to multiple variables in UNIX

Hi All, I need to read values of 10 columns from oracle query and assign the same to 10 unix variables. The query will return only one record(row). I tried to append all these columns using a delimiter(;) in the select query and assign the same to a single variable(V) in unix. I thought I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkrishnan91
3 Replies

10. Programming

DB2 Query -Convert multi values from column to rows

Hi Team I am using DB2 artisan tool and struck to handle multi values present in columns that are comma(,) separated. I want to convert those column values in separate rows . For example : Column 1 Column2 Jan,Feb Hold,Sell,Buy Expected Result Column1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
3 Replies
CUBRID_NUM_COLS(3)							 1							CUBRID_NUM_COLS(3)

cubrid_num_cols - Return the number of columns in the result set

SYNOPSIS
int cubrid_num_cols (resource $result) DESCRIPTION
The cubrid_num_cols(3) function is used to get the number of columns from the query result. It can only be used when the query executed is a select statement. PARAMETERS
o $result -Result. RETURN VALUES
Number of columns, when process is successful. FALSE, if SQL statement is not SELECT. EXAMPLES
Example #1 cubrid_num_cols(3) example <?php $conn = cubrid_connect("localhost", 33000, "demodb", "dba"); $req = cubrid_execute($conn, "SELECT * FROM code"); $row_num = cubrid_num_rows($req); $col_num = cubrid_num_cols($req); printf("Row Num: %d Column Num: %d ", $row_num, $col_num); cubrid_disconnect($conn); ?> The above example will output: Row Num: 6 Column Num: 2 SEE ALSO
cubrid_execute(3), cubrid_num_rows(3). PHP Documentation Group CUBRID_NUM_COLS(3)