Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Memory of box
Operating Systems Solaris Memory of box Post 302346827 by dennysv on Monday 24th of August 2009 07:33:03 AM
Old 08-24-2009
Code:
 prtconf | grep Mem    : to find out memory
prtconf -pv | grep banner      : system model
psrinfo -pv                          :processor info

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Memory usage in the box

Hello: Environment is: Oracle 817 on IBM RS/6000 AIX 433 I have 4GB RAM on the box and Page/Swap is about the same. Presently I am using close to 1GB of RAM towards 5 instances of ORACLE production environments. How can I know, how much of memory/RAM is used for : Oracle Processes , I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ST2000
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comman/Tool to check memory leak in solaris box

Hello Guys, Please let me know about commands or tools that are available to check memory leak in solaris box. Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajeshlbryan
1 Replies

3. AIX

Help Me!! - AIX box utilised 100% memory for whole day

Hi, As i am new to AIX,I have a problem one of my AIX box shows 100% memory utilization for a whole day.How to find the root cause.. Note : it is a DB2 8.1 DB server. Please help Me!!:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIX_baby
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

monitoring cpu and memory of the unix box

Hi all, Unix has the TOP and SAR command to monitor machine's performance. Can it be used in a script to alert if the cpu utilization is more than 80 or memory used is more than 90. Is SAR preferable than TOP? Please advise. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_ashu
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

help me decipher how much memory on my box

hi, if I do top, I get Memory: 19277012K (5868296K) real, 33860312K (11294208K) virtual, 795392K free If I do swapinfo -tm I get: % swapinfo -tm Mb Mb Mb PCT TYPE AVAIL USED FREE USED dev 16384 0 16383 0% dev ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
3 Replies

6. Linux

my box can't see full memory

Hi I'be recently installed Virtouzzo on Centos 5 on 16GB box , but the system could only see 4 GB of RAM, I installed the package kernel-PAE, but the virtuozzo kernel still can't see the full memory. even the kernel system can see 16GB of RAM is there any idea bout that ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raied
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Memory issue on solaris10 box

my system has 128G of installed memory. top, vmstat shows the system has just over 10G of free memory on the system. but as per prstat o/p the usage is just 50-55G is there anyway i can find which process/zone is using more memory ? System has 3 zones and all running application servers. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Oracle memory usage on Solaris box

I am working on Oracle 2 node RAC 10.2.0.4 on Solaris 10 T2000 kit. The box has around 32G of memory of which 24G is used by oracle user. There is 3G of free memory on the box. Sga max is set to 5G and while checking v$pgastat i see that maximum pga memory memory allocated was 6.5G. So oracle... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: prabumohan
29 Replies

9. AIX

Memory consumption issue in AIX box

Hi, monitor memory usage on AIX machine on any day of the week from 3:00 PM ET to 5:00 PM ET - Povide min and max memory consumption. Determine if all of the available memory is visible to the operating system. If it is not, determine the amount of memory which may be allocated to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rookie_newbie
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Memory fragmentation in a Linux settop box

Being a moderator at openATV, a forum for Linux settup boxes, I have seen reports, and sometimes am experiencing myself, artefacts during video playback or timeshift. As the artefacts are non repetetive (rewinding and watching again does not show artefacts), I can exclude a corrupted video source.... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fischreiher
23 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)