Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Identify mirrored Pv in aix
Operating Systems AIX Identify mirrored Pv in aix Post 302346779 by zaxxon on Monday 24th of August 2009 05:12:00 AM
Old 08-24-2009
Afaik there is no priority with the disks in a mirror. Is there any problem you encountered?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Number of Disk Mirrored in HP-UX

In HP-UX 11.00 How can i check if there are disks mirrored (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgege
2 Replies

2. AIX

Mirrored disk.....

How do I know, which all disks are mirrored? any command? Bala (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
7 Replies

3. AIX

how to identify the raid type on aix

hi how to identify the raid type on aix? thx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

MirrorDisk UX: Should DUMP Be Mirrored?

Follwing up on what I was working on yesterday, I noticed that at this thread, someone was suggesting that you WOULDN'T want to mirror DUMP. When I boot with my current secondary disk (because I didn't mirror DUMP) I get an error indicating that DUMP isn't there. Why wouldn't I want to mirror... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deckard
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Backup for HW Mirrored Disks

We use SW mirroring (RAID1) using SVM for our SUN servers (which we OEM to end clients with our application on). When I need to make a tape backup for the server (disk), I disable mirroring and perform backup of the entire disk to tape using ufsdump. This process requires an outage and sensitive as... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
8 Replies

6. HP-UX

To identify if local disks are mirrored

Hello All, Am trynig to identify if the local HD's on our BL860 (running 11v3) are indeed mirrored to each other. Cheers, Cameron (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Are my disks mirrored ?

# metastat d1: Mirror Submirror 0: d11 State: Okay Submirror 1: d12 State: Okay Pass: 1 Read option: roundrobin (default) Write option: parallel (default) Size: 14582208 blocks (7.0 GB) d11: Submirror of d1 State: Okay Size: 14582208 blocks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Exposure
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Boot from Mirrored disk

So I have mirrored disk already set up from c1t0d0 to c1t1d0. Is there some special procedures that I need to do before I do and then try to boot from the mirrored disk? I am using a V490 if that helps... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew_1980
7 Replies

9. AIX

rootvg mirrored

I want to increase the size of /tmp by 1GB I know that the command is chfs -a size=+1G /tmp But the rootvg is mirrored and when I do a lsvg -p rootvg, I could see 2 disks. Will there be any impact if I increase the size of /tmp when the rootvg is mirrored ? Please advise. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

10. AIX

How to extend mirrored VG?

Hi all, I need to extend a lv, but unfortunately I do not have enough space on my mirrored Volume group. I've planned to add 2 more disks to this vg (for mirroring) But ... what's the next steps to extend my lv using these 2 disks with a valid mirroring ? 1. extendvg myvg disk1 disk2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclefab
3 Replies
iostat(1)						      General Commands Manual							 iostat(1)

Name
       iostat - report I/O statistics

Syntax
       iostat [ -c ] [ -t ] [ disknames ] [ interval ] [ count ]

Description
       The  command  reports  I/O  statistics for terminals, disks and cpus.  For terminals the number of input and output characters are counted.
       For disks the number of 512 byte blocks per second and number of transfers per second are displayed.  For cpus, it provides the	percentage
       of  time  the system has spent in user mode, in user mode running low priority (niced) processes, in system mode, and idling.  On multipro-
       cessor systems these cpu statistics represent a cumulative summary of all the cpus.

The optional disknames argument causes disk statistics to be displayed for the specified disks.	If this argument  is  not  specified  then
       disk statistics will be displayed for the first 3 disks only.

The  optional interval argument causes to report once each interval seconds.  The first report is for all time since a reboot and each sub-
       sequent report is for the last interval only.

The optional count argument restricts the number of reports.

Options
       -c   Displays the percentage of time each cpu spent in user mode, running low priority (nice'd) processes, in system mode, and idling.

-t   Displays the number of characters read from and written to terminals.

Examples
       This example will cause cpu and disk statistics for the 5 disks ra0, ra1, ra2, ra3, and ra4.
	    iostat ra0 ra1 ra2 ra3 ra4
       This example will cause cpu, terminal, and disk statistics for ra0 to be displayed and updated every 2 seconds.
	    iostat -t ra0 2

Files
See Also
       vmstat(1), cpustat(1)

iostat(1)