Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Filtrar log com awk, mostrando somente o necessário Post 302346748 by metalfreakbr on Monday 24th of August 2009 04:14:53 AM
Old 08-24-2009
Question Filtering ArcServe Backup logs with awk.

Hey guys how ya doin´ ?
I´m fighting against a filter for my ArcServe backup logs.
I collect every single day the logs from my servers, and my problem comes next.
I have several versions of ArcServe for Windows, and each one saves the backup log in a different way.
I just want to collect some fields that are important to me and export them to a file, that later, I´ll make available through internal web.
I´m using awk, but until now, any parameter had resolved my problem.
You can see that I attached 2 files. One, is my problem itself. Second, is the layout that I´m looking for to export.
I appreciate any kind of help.

See ya !

**************************************************************************************************
E aí pessoal, tudo em cima?
Estou em uma briga danada com um filtro para logs de backup do ArcServe.
Eu coleto diariamente os logs de backup de meus servidores com ArcServe, e meu problema vem a seguir.
Como tenho várias versões de ArcServe, cada um salva o log de uma forma diferente, e eu quero coletar apenas campos que me interessam no log e exportar para um arquivo que será disponibilizado via web, para acessar o log.
Estou usando o awk, mas não consegui nenhum parâmetro que atendesse o que preciso.

Anexei um log que foi exportado do ArcServe e um que seria um layout ideal para saída.

Agradeço toda e qualquer ajuda.
Abraços.

Last edited by metalfreakbr; 08-24-2009 at 06:01 PM.. Reason: Language format

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Use awk to log transform

Hello. I'm trying to use the awk command to convert certains fields to lgo base 2, not base 10. I'm trying command lines like: awk '$2 $5 $7 {print log(2)($2), log(2)($5), $7) filein.txt > fileout.txt I'm trying to make a deadline. Thanks for helping a newbie. Here's some fresh karma... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmzcal
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Awk for stream log

Hi Master, I've log in here then try parsing log become : 3GPP-IMSI,Calling-Station-Id 528111500111614,6738790448 528111500068173,6738769831 ..... it is possible to use awk? cause i 've try awk ' /\Accounting\ /{f=1} f && /\3GPP-IMSI \:\ String Value\ /{imsi=$4} f &&... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bowbowz
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

log to columns using AWK

How can one take the log of a column using AWK?:( (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arrange log files with AWK

Hello friends, I have too many log files to arrange. I use a simple script to create log files with below format and i forgot to create daily directory for them at the beginning. Because of this i should move all daily logs into a directory that i need to create. a part of "ls -l" output:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk and log files

Hello, I have a series of logs that I need to analyse. each looks something like:234.10.72.175 Mon Mar 02 20:25:00 GMT 2009 226.91.87.86 Thu Mar 05 03:50:26 GMT 2009 226.91.87.86 Thu Mar 05 04:06:07 GMT 2009 Using awk, so far I have been able to count the lines in a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Freaky
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log Analysis with AWK with Time difference

I would like to write a shell script that calculated the time difference bettween the log entries. If the time difference is higher as 200 sec. print the complette lines out. My Problem is, i am unable to jump in the next line and calculate the time difference. Thank you for your Help. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fabian3010
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with awk and access log

when i run this command: tail -200 /var/log/httpd/access_log | awk -F'' '{sub(/:*$/,"",$2);print $2}' i get: 13/Aug/2012:20:56 13/Aug/2012:20:56 13/Aug/2012:20:56 13/Aug/2012:20:56 13/Aug/2012:20:56 13/Aug/2012:20:56 13/Aug/2012:20:56 13/Aug/2012:20:56 13/Aug/2012:20:56... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Log transformations with awk

Hi, I have a very large csv file with almost 100,000 columns and 200 rows Example.csv ID,field1,field2,field3,field4 A,5,6,7,8 B,1,2,3,4 C,3,5,6,7 I'm trying to find a way, using awk, to log (base 2) all the values in the table (minus the headers and id field) Output ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nemo246
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Report from Log file using awk

Hi Gurus, I've log files like below: extint.performance.log.2014-04-10-00-00-00.13 extint.performance.log.2014-04-11-00-00-00.12 extint.performance.log.2014-04-12-00-00-00.12 extint.performance.log.2014-04-12-14-35-11.11 extint.performance.log.2014-04-13-00-00-00.10... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: VasuKukkapalli
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to grep log

hi expert, i Have log like : dn: EPC-Per=673,HYHGU objectClass: EPC-PerSubs ownerId: 0 groupId: 4001 shareTree: nodeName=HYHGU permissions: 15 EPC-Per: 673 dn:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: justbow
2 Replies
BBACKUPD(8)							    Box Backup							       BBACKUPD(8)

NAME
bbackupd - Box Backup client daemon SYNOPSIS
bbackupd [-DFkqvVT] [-c config-file] [-t tag] DESCRIPTION
bbackupd runs on client computers in the background, finding new files to back up. When it is time for a backup, bbackupd will connect to the server (bbstored) to upload the files. A running bbackupd daemon can be controlled with the bbackupctl command, to make it shut down, reload its configuration, or start an immediate backup. bbackupd needs to be configured to tell it which files to back up, how often, and to which server (running bbstored). See the Client Configuration page for more information. For this, you must write a configuration file. You must either place it in the default location, or tell bbackupd where to find it. You can check the default location with the -h option. The default on Unix systems is usually /etc/box/bbackupd.conf. On Windows systems, it is bbackupd.conf in the same directory where bbackupd.exe is located. If bbackupd cannot find or read the configuration file, it will log an error message and exit. bbackupd usually writes log messages to the system logs, using the facility local5, which you can use to filter them to send them to a separate file. It can also write them to the console, see options below. If bbackupd is not doing what you expect, please check the logs first of all. Options -c config-file Use the specified configuration file. If -c is omitted, the last argument is the configuration file. If none is specified, the default is used (see above). -D Debugging mode. Do not fork into the background (do not run as a daemon). Not available on Windows. -F No-fork mode. Same as -D for bbackupd. Not available on Windows. -k Keep console open after fork, keep writing log messages to it. Not available on Windows. -q Run more quietly. Reduce verbosity level by one. Available levels are NOTHING, FATAL, ERROR, WARNING, NOTICE, INFO, TRACE, EVERYTHING. Default level is NOTICE in non-debugging builds. Use once to drop to WARNING level, twice for ERROR level, four times for no logging at all. -v Run more verbosely. Increase verbosity level by one. Use once to raise to INFO level, twice for TRACE level, three times for EVERYTHING (currently the same as TRACE). -V Run at maximum verbosity (EVERYTHING level). -t tag Tag each console message with specified marker. Mainly useful in testing when running multiple daemons on the same console. -T Timestamp each line of console output. FILES
/etc/box/bbackupd.conf SEE ALSO
bbackupd.conf(5), bbackupd-config(8), bbackupctl(8) AUTHORS
Ben Summers Per Thomsen James O'Gorman Box Backup 0.11 10/28/2011 BBACKUPD(8)