Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: install windows on mac
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) install windows on mac Post 302346659 by Chain Breaker on Sunday 23rd of August 2009 05:11:56 PM
Old 08-23-2009
Boot Camp...?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The what and how to install UNIX on a new mac

Firstly, Happy New Year to all. Secondly, my earnest request... I am an absolute novice in UNIX. Have work around alittle with the mac os Terminal which encourage me to get myself a used G3 powerbook. I would like to work full fledge installing a unix shell onto it (without GUI). Could... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharme
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looking to install Unix on my Mac

I know how to install Unix or Linux on my Mac using bootcamp, I installed the Ubuntu distribution of Linux on my Mac. Basically I'm looking for advice on what OS I should learn with. I am fiercely interested in programming, and am learning C++ and Python at the moment. Anyways, everyone has... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Micolejr2
5 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Install Windows 2003 R2 on existing Windows 2008

Hi, I am trying to install WIndows 2003 R2 Server on existing Windows 2008 server. When I run the 2003 cd it says no disk found. What can be the problem. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunnervarma
2 Replies
boot(1M)																  boot(1M)

NAME
boot - bootstrap process DESCRIPTION
Itanium-based System Hardware An system's bootstrap process involves the execution of four software components: o CMOS o option ROM o EFI o Boot Manager o (see hpux.efi(1M)). After the processor is reset, firmware initializes and tests processors and platform. During initialization, the firmware lets a user interrupt and configure CMOS and option ROMs. It then transfers control to EFI, the Extensible Firmware Interface. EFI, in turn, initial- izes EFI boot and runtime services and launches the Boot Manager. The Boot Manager, which allows loading of EFI application or drivers from EFI defined file system, loads and transfers control to the HP-UX-specific bootstrap loader. then loads the HP-UX kernel object file from the HP-UX file system to memory and transfers control to the loaded kernel image. PA-RISC Hardware The PA-RSIC bootstrap process involves the execution of three software components: o (see pdc(1M), o (see isl(1M), and o (see hpux(1M). After the processor is RESET, the (firmware), performs a self-test and initializes the processor. It then loads and transfers control to the operating-system-independent in turn, loads and transfers control to the utility, the HP-UX-specific bootstrap loader. then downloads the HP-UX kernel object file from an HP-UX file system and transfers control to the loaded kernel image. SEE ALSO
hpux(1M), hpux.efi(1M), isl(1M), pdc(1M), efi(4). boot(1M)