Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming C programming - Memory Segments Post 302346608 by fpmurphy on Sunday 23rd of August 2009 11:28:36 AM
Old 08-23-2009
And if you want detailed information try the objdump utility.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Shared Memory segments

Hello.... AIX has a limit of 11 shared memory segments per process, does any one know how many HP have?? If so how do I find that out?? Thanks in advance...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: catwomen
2 Replies

2. Programming

Programming for Memory Management

Hi I am relatively new to programming on UNIX platform. I was wondering if there is any system call so that a process can access systems page table or swap pages from main memory by specifying the page number. I am trying to implement various page replacement algorithms like LRU, OPT, FIFO etc.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jayesch
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

HP-UX Trying to Understand Shared Memory Segments

I am fairly new to HP-UX and trying to get a better understanding of the operating system. While poking around a bit I find myself questioning whether I should be concerned about Shared Memory segments with missing CPID and LPID? For example: ipcs -mp IPC status from /dev/kmem as of Mon Mar... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scotbuff
2 Replies

4. Programming

Write into shared memory segments

I have created a shared memory segment (which size is 64 bytes) using shmget, shmat e.t.c and i want to divide it into 2 areas. One area for input data and one area for output? How can i do that? Furthermore, When i have to write my input data into the shared memory segment i want to write... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mae4
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Averaging segments

Hi, I have a file that I want to average. So specifically I want to average every third column for each row. Here is an example of my file 2 2 2 3 3 3 1 1 1 5 5 5 Heres what I want it to look like after averaging every third column 2 3 1 5 thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Averaging segments and including the name

Hello, I have a awk line that averages rows. So if my file looks like this: Jack 1 1 1 1 1 1 Joe 1 1 1 1 1 1 Jerry 0 0 0 0 0 0 John 1 1 1 0 0 0 The awk line below skips column 1 and then averaged the rows awk -F'\t' -v r=3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
3 Replies

7. SuSE

TCP segments retransmission

Hi all, I got an application that is running on SUSE Linux. I would like to get some data about the number of TCP segments retransmission on a particular interface. Is there any way I can get that? Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep start and end line of each segments in a file

Cat file1 -------- ---------- SCHEMA.TABLE1 insert------- update----- ------------- ---------- SCHEMA.TABLE2 insert------- update----- ----------- ------------ SCHEMA.TABLE3 insert------- update----- ------------ grep -n SCHEMA > header_file2.txt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veera_V
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting segments

I have queue.txt with the following contents: Queue on node ... description : type : local max message len : 104857600 max queue depth : 5000 queue depth max event : enabled persistent msgs : yes backout... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
5 Replies
ENV(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    ENV(1)

NAME
env -- set and print environment SYNOPSIS
env [-i] [name=value ...] [utility [argument ...]] DESCRIPTION
env executes utility after modifying the environment as specified on the command line. The option name=value specifies an environmental variable, name, with a value of value. The option '-i' causes env to completely ignore the environment it inherits. If no utility is specified, env prints out the names and values of the variables in the environment, with one name=value pair per line. DIAGNOSTICS
If the utility is invoked, the exit status of env shall be the exit status of utility; otherwise, the env utility exits with one of the fol- lowing values: 0 The env utility completed successfully 1-125 An error occurred in the env utility. 126 The utility specified by utility was found, but could not be invoked. 127 The utility specified by utility could not be found. COMPATIBILITY
The historic - option has been deprecated but is still supported in this implementation. SEE ALSO
execvp(3), environ(7) STANDARDS
The env utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.2-1992 (``POSIX.2''). BUGS
env doesn't handle commands with equal (``='') signs in their names, for obvious reasons. BSD
August 27, 1993 BSD