Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Shift the control between files using Split Post 302346437 by manoj.b on Saturday 22nd of August 2009 02:58:35 AM
Old 08-22-2009
press ctrl ww

I myself found out the answer. press ctrl ww..

So plz close this thread

Thanks,
Manoj

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search For Control M characters in files

Hi , I have special character control M in many of my files as below ersNet-Telnet-3.03/Makefile.PL100644 21166 144 612 7113770214 135 77 0ustar jayusers## -*- Perl -*-^M ^M use ExtUtils::MakeMaker qw(WriteMakefile);^M ^M WriteMakefile(NAME => "Net::Telnet",^M ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohammed
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command in while loop - how to get control when no files found?

I have the following statement in script: find ${LANDING_FILE_DIR}${BTIME_FILENAME_PATTERN2} -print | while read file; do ... done When there are no files located by the find comand it returns: "find: bad status-- /home/rnitcher/test/....." to the command line How do I get control in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavsman
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

split files into specified number of output files

Hi everyone, I have some large text files that I need to split into a specific number of files of equal size. As far as I know (and I don't really know that much :)) the split command only lets you specify the number of lines or bytes. The files are all of a different size, so the number of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Migrainegirl
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

listing files excluding files from control file

I have a directory named Project.I have a control file which contains valid list of files.I would like list the files from directory Project which contains files other than listed in the control file. Sample control file: TEST SEND SFFFILE CONTL The directory contains followign... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukatru
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How To replace Control-M in all files in a folder

hi all, I copied set of files from a linux machine to an aix machine but in binary mode copy , ASCII mode copy both leed to control M charecters in most of the files. Any shell script/C script to remove control M charecters in all files in a given directory. Pls reply if you are aware... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: padpa
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shift files from xshell to windows.

hey i'm new at this stuff. i need to write a program in windows. which will fetch files from a unix machine using xshell. please help me with this. :( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tan_army810
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a control file for a group of files

Hi, We have almost 45,000 data files created by a script daily. The file names are of format-ODS.POS.<pharmacyid>.<table name>.<timestamp>.dat. There will be one data file like this for each pharmacy and each table.(Totally around 45,000) The requirement is to create a control file for each... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maya_Pillai
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split using AWK - out file name control

Hi Gurus, I am using following code to split a big file into pieces. awk '!((NR-1)%ln){close(f);f=name i++}{print>f}' i=1 name=my_file ln=25000 main_file The output that is produces is something like this - my_file2 my_file1 my_file4 my_file3 my_file5 my_file7 my_file6 my_file9... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukesh.lalwani
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Split and Rename Split Files

Hello, I need to split a file by number of records and rename each split file with actual filename pre-pended with 3 digit split number. What I have tried is the below command with 2 digit numeric value split -l 3 -d abc.txt F (# Will Produce split Files as F00 F01 F02) How to produce... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: techedipro
19 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Automate splitting of files , scp files as each split completes and combine files on target server

i use the split command to split a one terabyte backup file into 10 chunks of 100 GB each. The files are split one after the other. While the files is being split, I will like to scp the files one after the other as soon as the previous one completes, from server A to Server B. Then on server B ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaika
2 Replies
readkey(3alleg4)                                                  Allegro manual                                                  readkey(3alleg4)

NAME
readkey - Returns the next character from the keyboard buffer. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int readkey(); DESCRIPTION
Returns the next character from the keyboard buffer, in ASCII format. If the buffer is empty, it waits until a key is pressed. You can see if there are queued keypresses with keypressed(). The low byte of the return value contains the ASCII code of the key, and the high byte the scancode. The scancode remains the same whatever the state of the shift, ctrl and alt keys, while the ASCII code is affected by shift and ctrl in the normal way (shift changes case, ctrl+letter gives the position of that letter in the alphabet, eg. ctrl+A = 1, ctrl+B = 2, etc). Pressing alt+key returns only the scan- code, with a zero ASCII code in the low byte. For example: int val; ... val = readkey(); if ((val & 0xff) == 'd') /* by ASCII code */ allegro_message("You pressed 'd' "); if ((val >> 8) == KEY_SPACE) /* by scancode */ allegro_message("You pressed Space "); if ((val & 0xff) == 3) /* ctrl+letter */ allegro_message("You pressed Control+C "); if (val == (KEY_X << 8)) /* alt+letter */ allegro_message("You pressed Alt+X "); This function cannot return character values greater than 255. If you need to read Unicode input, use ureadkey() instead. SEE ALSO
install_keyboard(3alleg4), ureadkey(3alleg4), keypressed(3alleg4), clear_keybuf(3alleg4), simulate_keypress(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 readkey(3alleg4)