Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting what does "s" stand for in the permission list -rwsr-sr-x? Post 302346229 by fpmurphy on Friday 21st of August 2009 09:35:57 AM
Old 08-21-2009
It means that the setuid and setgid bits have been set.
Code:
chmod 6755  file

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl folder list with "..", without ".".

Hi Everyone, if my folder "foldera" inside has one file. so if i do if ($df =~ /^\./) { next; } then i will get ### filea ### if i want to have ### .. filea ### means also display the parent .., how should i modify the perl ~// in my code? Thanks ---------- Post updated... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find without the "Permission non granted" list ...

Hi, When I use the Find command under the root directory ("/") of my Ubuntu, I get the good answers mixed inside a long list of "Permission non granted" (in fact and with my French version, I get "Permission non accordée" !). After several unsuccessful tries with -perm or -executable options... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Micla
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from "list1" and list matches in "list2"

I want to print any matching IP addresse in List1 with List 2; List 1 List of IP addresses; 161.85.58.210 250.57.15.129 217.23.162.249 74.76.129.101 30.221.177.237 3.147.200.59 170.58.142.64 127.65.109.33 150.167.242.146 223.3.20.186 25.181.180.99 2.55.199.32 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewk
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

"Permission denied" when trying to SSH my iPhone though password is correct

Hi, I hope this is the correct section in the forum to post as I'm trying to SSH from my MacBook. I was looking to see whether ssh on my jailbroken iPhone 6s (10.3.1) still works fine and was following this old reddit guide. I installed OpenSSH&OpenSSL from Cydia and changed the password using... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hss1
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
issetugid(2)                                                       System Calls                                                       issetugid(2)

NAME
issetugid - determine if current executable is running setuid or setgid SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> int issetugid(void); DESCRIPTION
The issetugid() function enables library functions (in libtermlib, libc, or other libraries) to guarantee safe behavior when used in setuid or setgid programs or programs that run with more privileges after a succesful exec(2). Some library functions might be passed insufficient information and not know whether the current program was started setuid or setgid because a higher level calling code might have made changes to the uid, euid, gid, or egid. These low-level library functions are therefore unable to determine if they are being run with ele- vated or normal privileges. The issetugid() function should be used to determine if a path name returned from a getenv(3C) call can be used safely to open the speci- fied file. It is often not safe to open such a file because the status of the effective uid is not known. The result of a call to issetugid() is unaffected by calls to setuid(), setgid(), or other such calls. In case of a call to fork(2), the child process inherits the same status. The status of issetugid() is affected only by execve() (see exec(2)). If a child process executes a new executable file, a new issetugid() status will be based on the existing process's uid, euid, gid, and egid permissions and on the modes of the executable file. If the new executable file modes are setuid or setgid, or if the existing process is executing the new image with uid != euid or gid != egid, or if the permitted set before the call to the exec function is not a superset of the inheritable set at that time, issetugid() returns 1 in the new process. RETURN VALUES
The issetugid() function returns 1 if the process was made setuid or setgid as the result of the last or a previous call to execve(). Oth- erwise it returns 0. ERRORS
The issetugid() function is always successful. No return value is reserved to indicate an error. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Async-Signal-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
exec(2), fork(2), setuid(2), getenv(3C), attributes(5), privileges(5) SunOS 5.10 19 Feb 2003 issetugid(2)