Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: talk command to chat
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers talk command to chat Post 302346112 by thanhdat on Friday 21st of August 2009 04:40:40 AM
Old 08-21-2009
Do you have a firewall ?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

talk command to chat

Hi, Could you please advice on the following query: There are 2 users on a unix box: 1. aaaa 2. bbbb I open 2 putty sessions and login with the above 2 users. Then I type the following using the aaaa user to chat with bbbb. talk bbbb or talk bbbb@hostname Result: the screen goes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: miltonkeynesguy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problems with using talk command

using talk option i tried to send message to my team mate. for connecting to one unix box, we are having a common userid and password except that, the ip addresses will change for me it is x.x.x.4, for my colleague it is x.x.x.3 These are the steps i did > who <userid> pts/2 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
1 Replies

3. Linux

How do I capture responses from the chat command?

Unfortunately googling the word 'chat' gives you zebedee billion responses that relate to everything and few of them refer to the linux chat command. I've read the man page and found a couple of examples but can't see how to do this. I want to query the modem for it's manufacturer, product id... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashingaway
8 Replies

4. Web Development

Can you embed Skype or any other video chat/chat program into a webpage?

Hi, I am trying to embed Skype or any other video chat/chat program into a webpage. Has anyone had success doing this? or know how? Thanks Phil (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Very Funny and Somewhat Amazing 2006 Chat Bot Chat

Working on the badging system, Just found this old thread for 2006 and started reading it. ROTFL ... what a great discussion between forum members and our chat bot Gollum "back in the good old days"... You must check this out if you want a laugh and big smile: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies
srec_cosmac(5)							File Formats Manual						    srec_cosmac(5)

NAME
srec_cosmac - RCA Cosmac Elf file format DESCRIPTION
This file takes the form of one or more RCA Cosmac Elf monitor commands, also known as the IDIOT/4 monitor. Only the change memory command (!M) is allowed. The general form of the !M command takes the form !Maaaa dd ... dd The !M command writes data byte bytes (represented by character pairs dd) into successive memory locations, started at address aaaa. Spa- ces between data bytes are ignored. Using the comma (,) line continuation character resumes from the next address in sequence. !Maaaa dd ... dd, dd ... dd Using the semicolon (;) line continuation character takes an address on the next line !Maaaa dd ... dd; aaaa dd ... dd It is also possible to have the semicolon immediately after the command. !M; aaaa dd ... dd All of these forms may be used in combination. Size Multiplier In general, binary data will expand in size by approximately 2.0 times when represented with this format. EXAMPLE
Here is an example Cosmac file. It contains the data "Hello, World[rq] to be loaded at address 0x1000. !M1000 48656C6C6F2C20576F726C640A COPYRIGHT
srec_cat version 1.58 Copyright (C) 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Peter Miller The srec_cat program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use the 'srec_cat -VERSion License' command. This is free software and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions; for details use the 'srec_cat -VERSion License' command. AUTHOR
Peter Miller E-Mail: pmiller@opensource.org.au //* WWW: http://miller.emu.id.au/pmiller/ Reference Manual SRecord srec_cosmac(5)