Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using perl code find greatest number. Post 302345430 by DemonixX on Wednesday 19th of August 2009 08:31:25 AM
Old 08-19-2009
Thxz balaji_red83! It working.

I changed a bit to make the result nicer:

Code:
my @nums = (2.1,1,3,10.1,10.2, 5);
my @sort_nums = sort {$a <=> $b} @nums;
my $grNum = pop @sort_nums;
print "Greatest Number is: $grNum\n"

~D~

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl find page number in a file

Hi i want to ask how can i use perl and find a word in a text file, and also telling that which page doesn't it exist? Eample: have a 10 pages text file, then i need to find 'Hello' in the file, and show that which page is it contain in. Output: Hello contains 8 times in page 1, 3, 4, 7, 10... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mingming88
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding greatest value in a column using awk from iostat output in linux

Friends, Need some help. On linux i have to run iostat command and in each iteration have to print the greatest value in each column. e.g iostat -dt -kx 2 2 | awk ' !/sd/ &&!/%util/ && !/Time/ && !/Linux/ {print $12}' 4.38 0.00 0.00 0.00 WHhat i would like to... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: achak01
15 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help! script to select line with greatest value 2 between columns

Hi, I’m trying to do something I haven’t done before and I’m struggling with how to even create the command or script. I have the following space delim file: gene accession chr chr_st begin end NN1 NC_024540 chr3 - 14000 14020 NN1 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolf_blue
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : print the sequence number without missing number

Dear Perl users, I need your help to solve my problem below. I want to print the sequence number without missing number within the range. E.g. my sequence number : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 12 13 14 my desired output: 1 -8 , 11-14 my code below but still problem with the result: 1 - 14 1 -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mandai
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - how to find the number based on the same name

Hi Perl Experts, Could somebody help me how to solve my problem if I have array contains the following data: "SEQ-0 UNSORT2 0", "SEQ-1 UNSORT2 1", "SEQ-2 UNSORT2 2", "SEQ-3 UNSORT2 3", <--- Missing the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: askari
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: find next available lowest number that is available in two arrays

Hi there. I have a number allocation problem whereby I have 2 arrays built from 2 different sources. The arrays will just contain a listed of sorted numbers @a 1 7 10 14 15 16 @b 1 7 10 11 14 15 16 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Take greatest value from second column

Dear All, Please help me, I have file input like this, 1 2142 215 2162 217 2842 285 2862 287 4002 401 4022 403 4822 1 2142 215 2162 217 2842 285 2862 287 4002 401 4022 403 4882 1 4801 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: attila
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace, perl code

Hi, Can somebody tell whats wrong with "find and replace perl code". I wanted to find "\n".write(status,data" and replace with "\n",data" in multipls files. #!/usr/bin/perl my @files = <*.c>; foreach $fileName (@files) { print "$fileName\n"; my $searchStr0 =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chettyravi
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to find number in a field then print the line and the number

Hi I want to use awk to match where field 3 contains a number within string - then print the line and just the number as a new field. The source file is pipe delimited and looks something like 1|net|ABC Letr1|1530||| 1|net|EXP_1040 ABC|1121||| 1|net|EXP_TG1224|1122||| 1|net|R_North|1123|||... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mudshark
5 Replies
xpc_array_create(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 				       xpc_array_create(3)

NAME
xpc_array_create -- creation and management of XPC arrays SYNOPSIS
#include <xpc/xpc.h> xpc_object_t xpc_array_create(const xpc_object_t *objects, size_t count); void xpc_array_set_value(xpc_object_t array, size_t index, xpc_object_t value); void xpc_array_append_value(xpc_object_t array, xpc_object_t value); xpc_object_t xpc_array_get_value(xpc_object_t array, size_t index); size_t xpc_array_get_count(xpc_object_t array); bool xpc_array_apply(xpc_object_t array, xpc_array_applier_t applier); void xpc_array_set_bool(xpc_object_t array, size_t index, bool value); void xpc_array_set_int64(xpc_object_t array, size_t index, int64_t value); void xpc_array_set_uint64(xpc_object_t array, size_t index, uint64_t value); void xpc_array_set_double(xpc_object_t array, size_t index, double value); void xpc_array_set_date(xpc_object_t array, size_t index, int64_t value); void xpc_array_set_data(xpc_object_t array, size_t index, const void *bytes, size_t length); void xpc_array_set_string(xpc_object_t array, size_t index, const char *value); void xpc_array_set_uuid(xpc_object_t array, size_t index, const uuid_t value); void xpc_array_set_fd(xpc_object_t array, size_t index, int value); void xpc_array_set_connection(xpc_object_t array, size_t index, xpc_connection_t value); bool xpc_array_get_bool(xpc_object_t array, size_t index); int64_t xpc_array_get_int64(xpc_object_t array, size_t index); uint64_t xpc_array_get_uint64(xpc_object_t array, size_t index); double xpc_array_get_double(xpc_object_t array, size_t index); int64_t xpc_array_get_date(xpc_object_t array, size_t index); const void * xpc_array_get_data(xpc_object_t array, size_t index, size_t *length); const uint8_t * xpc_array_get_uuid(xpc_object_t array, size_t index); const char * xpc_array_get_string(xpc_object_t array, size_t index); int xpc_array_get_fd(xpc_object_t array, size_t index); xpc_connection_t xpc_array_get_connection(xpc_object_t array, size_t index); ARRAYS
XPC arrays are collections of XPC objects ordered by index. The index is zero-based. XPC arrays are contiguous, and values must exist at all indexes between zero and the greatest index of the array. A hole in the array can be simulated by using a null object as returned by xpc_null_create(3). CREATION
The xpc_array_create() function returns a newly created array. The caller may optionally provide objects, a C array of XPC object references, to initialize the array. The count is used to specify the size of the C array. If objects is NULL, then count must be zero. If count speci- fies more elements than are actually present in values or if values is NULL and count is non-zero, the behavior is undefined. GETTING AND SETTING VALUES
The xpc_array_append_value() function may be used to append a value to the end of an array. This operation increases the count of the values in the array by one. The value of a specific index in the array may be set using the xpc_array_set_value() function. The value must be non-NULL, and the index must already exist (i.e. less than the count provided at creation or extended through previous append operations). The value at a specific index of an array may be retrieved using the xpc_array_get_value() function. The result of getting a non-existing index (i.e. one that was not specified at creation or through a previous append operation) in undefined. PRIMITIVE GET AND SET FUNCTIONS
Various functions exist for retrieving primitive C and operating system types directly from an array without the need for an intermediate boxed object. See xpc_object(3) for more information. The special XPC_ARRAY_APPEND constant may be used to append a value to the end of the array instead of operating on a specific index. SEE ALSO
xpc_object(3), xpc_objects(3), xpc_dictionary_create(3) Darwin 1 July, 2011 Darwin