Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Naviscore NMS Problem...Need Help, Will Pay good Post 302345206 by phxteleport on Tuesday 18th of August 2009 04:45:19 PM
Old 08-18-2009
Naviscore NMS Problem...Need Help, Will Pay good

We have a network of Lucent BSTDX9000 switches for fiber and wireless links in the United States and Costa Rica. I was dragging a BSTDX9000 switch icon in my Naviscore NMS and it disappeared.

All of my trunks and circuits are still fuctioning properly but I can't figure out how to get the icon back. I'm screwed if something happens in that switch and I can't get into it.

I'm willing to pay whatever it takes and we can set someone up to remotely log in.

The system is a SUN Ultra 5 that is running HP Openview and Naviscore.

If you are serious that you can fix it, please respond

Thanks, Scott

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Open Source NMS

Hello there, I wanted to know the members' opinion about the best open source network management software which uses a web browser to show its interface and results. I am interested in the software for both windows and Linux OSs. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jawwad
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

please pay your attention on this .......

HI All, I am working on Solaris 5.9 servers.Now i want a script which collect files with format like msgs_cheux301_10Jun2008 , login_cheux301_10Jun2008 and history_cheux301_10Jun2008.tar into seperate folders with a specific name. The script will collect files with one week old and it should... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
2 Replies

3. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Naviscore NMS for Lucent Switch Problem

We have a network of Lucent BSTDX9000 switches for fiber and wireless links in the United States and Costa Rica. I was dragging a BSTDX9000 icon in my Naviscore NMS and it disappeared. All of my trunks are still up but I can't figure out how to get the icon back. I'm screwed if something happens... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: phxteleport
0 Replies
WIRELESS(7)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						       WIRELESS(7)

NAME
wireless - Wireless Tools and Wireless Extensions SYNOPSIS
iwconfig iwpriv -a DESCRIPTION
The Wireless Extensions is an API allowing you manipulate Wireless LAN networking interfaces. It is composed of a variety of tools and configuration files. It is documented in more detail in the Linux Wireless LAN Howto. The Wireless Tools are used to change the configuration of wireless LAN networking interfaces on the fly, to get their current configura- tion, to get statistics and diagnose them. They are described in their own man page, see below for references. Wireless configuration is specific to each Linux distribution. This man page will contain in the future the configuration procedure for a few common distributions. For the time being, check the file DISTRIBUTIONS.txt included with the Wireless Tools package. DEBIAN 3.0 In Debian 3.0 (and later) you can configure wireless LAN networking devices using the network configuration tool ifupdown(8). File : /etc/network/interfaces Form : wireless-<function> <value> wireless-essid Home wireless-mode Ad-Hoc See also : /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/wireless-tools /usr/share/doc/wireless-tools/README.Debian SuSE 8.0 SuSE 8.0 (and later) has integrated wireless configuration in their network scripts. Tool : Yast2 File : /etc/sysconfig/network/wireless /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-* Form : WIRELESS_<function>=<value> WIRELESS_ESSID="Home" WIRELESS_MODE=Ad-Hoc See also : man ifup info scpm ORIGINAL PCMCIA SCRIPTS
If you are using the original configuration scripts from the Pcmcia package, you can use this method. File : /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts Form : *,*,*,*) ESSID="Home" MODE="Ad-Hoc" ;; See also : /etc/pcmcia/wireless File PCMCIA.txt part of Wireless Tools package AUTHOR
Jean Tourrilhes - jt@hpl.hp.com http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/ SEE ALSO
iwconfig(8), iwlist(8), iwspy(8), iwpriv(8), iwevent(8). wireless-tools 4 March 2004 WIRELESS(7)