Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 3510 Disk Array Problem
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users 3510 Disk Array Problem Post 302345204 by DukeNuke2 on Tuesday 18th of August 2009 04:44:53 PM
Old 08-18-2009
you have to take a look at the 3510... the mapped devices are volumes from the 3510, so you have to look there...

---------- Post updated at 22:44 ---------- Previous update was at 22:44 ----------

To keep the forums high quality for all users, please take the time to format your posts correctly.

First of all, use Code Tags when you post any code or data samples so others can easily read your code. You can easily do this by highlighting your code and then clicking on the # in the editing menu. (You can also type code tags [code] and [/code] by hand.)

Second, avoid adding color or different fonts and font size to your posts. Selective use of color to highlight a single word or phrase can be useful at times, but using color, in general, makes the forums harder to read, especially bright colors like red.

Third, be careful when you cut-and-paste, edit any odd characters and make sure all links are working property.

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problemwith 3510 array.

I have 2 3510FC arrays, one a JBOD with (7) 146GB drives, and the other with dual RAID controllers, also (7) 146GB drives. The idea was to get 1TB mirrored. Anyway, after installing the Enterprise Storage Manager on a connected V880, I was able to use the "sccli" command and see/configure all the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ridgeback00
7 Replies

2. Solaris

adding existing disks to a 3510 array

I would like to extend a logical drive on our 3510. I have four unallocated disks which I would like to use for this purpose. The 3510 supports a Sun Cluster but for now all I wish to see is a "new" disk when I run format. I am a little familiar with the telnet/ssh session on the 3510 but am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcqv
2 Replies

3. Solaris

storEDGE A5000 disk Array

Do you know how do I make my solaris 8 detect the storEDGE A5000?. I have problem making it recognise, without that I cannot install VxVM. Any ideas? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: calsum
7 Replies

4. Solaris

SE 3510 Battery Issue

Hi everyone, I changed the batteries on 29-Jun-2008 for the storedges. But received error messages from the server today,I used the "-u" option to update the service date information but it syntaticaly fails. Why? Jul 4 12:00:03 auriga SUNWscsdServer: <rctrl8001> The battery on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
3 Replies

5. Solaris

EFI Disk labels on 3510 raid array

Hi Peeps, Can anyone help me an EFI lablel on a 3510 raid array that I cannot get rid of, format -e and label just asks you if you want to label it. Want an SMI label writing to it. Anyone got any ideas on how to remove the EFI label? Thanks in advance Martin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Disk Array

So I have 2 solaris sun servers one with a disk array with 14 drives which I need to move to the other server. How do I move the disk array configured as a Raid 5 to another server without losing data? So far I know I'll connect the drive, run devfsadm, use format to verify the server see's... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kjons76
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disk Array

HI: I have a DUAL redundant system running in HP-UX 10.20 ( 2 servers) Both servers share an external SCSI disk array. Both server runs a Data base wich uses the disk array to write the data, and that is the way they share the information. The way that the servers see the disk array, is like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pmoren
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Raid0 array stresses only 1 disk out of 3

Hi there, I've setup a raid0 array of 3 identical disks using : mdadm --create --verbose /dev/md0 --level=stripe --raid-devices=3 /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdc1 /dev/sdd1I'm using dstat to monitor the disk activity : dstat --epoch -D sdb,sdc,sdd --disk-util 30The results show that the stress is not... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
8 Replies

9. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message displayed following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrya
1 Replies

10. AIX

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: terrya
3 Replies
metaimport(1M)															    metaimport(1M)

NAME
metaimport - imports disk sets into existing Solaris Volume Manager configurations SYNOPSIS
metaimport -s setname [-n] [-v] [-f] [disks...] metaimport -r [disks...] metaimport -V metaimport -? The metaimport command allows the importing of disk sets, including replicated disk sets, into an existing Solaris Volume Manager configu- ration. Replicated disk sets are disk sets created using remote replication software. The default Solaris Volume Manager configuration specifies a maximum number of disk sets that can be configured. The metaimport command fails if importing the disk set would result in exceeding the number of disk sets configured on the system. To increase the number of disk sets allowed on a system, see the . Use metaset(1M) or metastat(1M) to view the configuration of the imported set. You must run metaimport as root. metaimport requires a functional Solaris Volume Manager configuration before it runs. The following options are supported: -f Force the import, even if a quorum of replicas from the imported disk set is not available. This option could result in corrupt configurations and should only be used when metaimport fails with the "Insufficient quorum detected; exiting" error. If only a partial disk set is available, this option might be necessary to successfully import. Some or all data could be corrupted or unavailable when importing a partial set or a set lacking a replica quorum. -n Does not actually perform the operation, but shows the output or errors that would have resulted from the opera- tion, had it been run. -r Report on the non-configured disk sets found on the system. If no disk device or LUN is specified, metaimport reports on all non-configured disk sets attached to the system. When the name of one disk is specified, metaimport reports on the disk set (or virtual LUN) containing the specified disk. If two or more disks are specified, metaim- port reports on the set (or sets, if they belong to different disk sets) containing the specified disks. If two or more disks are specified, metaimport reports on the set (or sets, if they belong to different disk sets) containing the specified disks. -s setname Specify the disk set name to use when importing. The imported disk set will be called setname, without regard to the name it may have had on a different system. -v Verbose. Provides detailed information about the metadb replica location and status. -V Version information. -? Display a help message. Example 1: Importing a Disk Set The following example creates a disk set called blue and identifies c1t5d0 as a disk containing a state database replica from the disk set being imported. # metaimport -s blue c1t5d0 Example 2: Reporting Disk Sets to Import The following example scans all disks and LUNs attached to the system and configured as part of the system. It scans for disks that could be part of a disk set to be imported. Components that are already part of the Solaris Volume Manager configuration are ignored. This use of metaimport provides suggested forms of the metaimport command to use to actually import the disk sets that have been found. You can specify a component on the command line to reduce the scope of the scan and generate results more quickly. # metaimport -r 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWmdu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ mdmonitord(1M), metaclear(1M), metadb(1M), metadetach(1M), metahs(1M), metainit(1M), metaoffline(1M), metaonline(1M), metaparam(1M), metarecover(1M), metareplace(1M), metaroot(1M), metaset(1M), metasync(1M), metattach(1M), md.tab(4), md.cf(4), mddb.cf(4), attributes(5) 16 May 2005 metaimport(1M)