Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Waiting for device /de/sda2 to appear .... not found Post 302345025 by mark54g on Tuesday 18th of August 2009 08:57:46 AM
Old 08-18-2009
If you have recently done any partition work on the drive this would happen, if the /etc/fstab expects a disk to exist. You can comment that line out of the /etc/fstab if you boot from a rescue disk

Find out what the line is in the fstab and see if it is important.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

tcpdump error: no suitable device found

Hi, I'm trying to use tcpdump for the first time. I installed tcpdump from the rpm. Now when I issue the command tcpdump port 6666, I get an error tcpdump: no suitable device found Can you tell me what's wrong there? Thank, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zampya
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

tcpdump error: no suitable device found

Hi, I'm trying to use tcpdump for the first time. I installed tcpdump from the rpm. Now when I issue the command tcpdump port 6666, I get an error tcpdump: no suitable device found Can you tell me what's wrong there? Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zampya
5 Replies

3. BSD

Netbsd root device not found

Hello there. I installed NetBSD yesterday on an older system to try it out. Everytime I boot, I have to enter in the root device (disk) manually wd0 which then proceeds into asking to define the dump device: is the default then, the sbin/init My question is where am I supposed to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: septima.pars
1 Replies

4. BSD

Installing FreeBsd. No usb device found

Hello, all. My english is not good. I have a problem installing FreeBsd. I have not CD-Roms, so i use program FlashBoot for convert iso-image to USB Device. After, I was beginning to install FreeBsd (Sorry my english) When it's time to choose an installation media, i select 9 USB:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snet
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Gave up waiting for root device.

Yestoday, in order to analysis the core dump information which is a result of my bugged device driver, I configurate and make the kernel according to "Documentation/kdump/kdump.txt" in linux source code and today, I reboot the system with "crashkernel=64M@16M". The system cannot boot now and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: liklstar
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Unable To Activate Ethernet Network Device in RHEL 5.5 - e100 device eth0 does not seem to be presen

Hi All, Could anyone please help to resolve the below problem. I installed RHEL5.5 in my desktop.But when i try to activate the ethernet connection then it gives me the error. I spent 2 days for the above and go through with several suggestion found by googling. But no luck. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanmoy
0 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Cannot access or boot encrypted drive (gave up waiting for root device...)

I cannot access or boot from my C drive. I'm running Zorin 9 and the drive is a Samsung SSD. The disk was encrypted on install, and that has not given me any problems before. When I start the system it gets to the memory test page, and does not then load the password prompt, which it used to.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: David4321
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies
QUOTAON(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						QUOTAON(8)

NAME
quotaon, quotaoff -- turn file system quotas on and off SYNOPSIS
quotaon [-g] [-u] [-v] filesystem ... quotaon [-g] [-u] [-v] -a quotaoff [-g] [-u] [-v] filesystem ... quotaoff [-g] [-u] [-v] -a DESCRIPTION
The quotaon utility announces to the system that disk quotas should be enabled on one or more file systems. The quotaoff utility announces to the system that the specified file systems should have any disk quotas turned off. The file systems specified must have entries in /etc/fstab and be mounted. The quotaon utility expects each file system to have quota files named quota.user and quota.group which are located at the root of the associated file system. These defaults may be overridden in /etc/fstab. By default both user and group quotas are enabled. Available options: -a If supplied in place of any file system names, quotaon/quotaoff will enable/disable all the file systems indicated in /etc/fstab to be read-write with disk quotas. By default only the types of quotas listed in /etc/fstab are enabled. -g Only group quotas listed in /etc/fstab should be enabled/disabled. -u Only user quotas listed in /etc/fstab should be enabled/disabled. -v Cause quotaon and quotaoff to print a message for each file system where quotas are turned on or off. Specifying both -g and -u is equivalent to the default. FILES
quota.user at the file system root with user quotas quota.group at the file system root with group quotas /etc/fstab file system table SEE ALSO
quota(1), quotactl(2), fstab(5), edquota(8), quotacheck(8), repquota(8) HISTORY
The quotaon utility appeared in 4.2BSD. BSD
December 11, 1993 BSD