Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: fail on comparison
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting fail on comparison Post 302344971 by vidyadhar85 on Tuesday 18th of August 2009 06:12:42 AM
Old 08-18-2009
before comparing data1 and data2 do this
Code:
echo "$data1"|cat -vet
echo "$data2"|cat -vet

and post the o/p

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail fail

I am using the shell script file to send mail by "mailx". I do this by cron job, there is no error found. But it is fail, any suggest to me? How can I resend it automatically? Is there any resend logic by using the mailx? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adela
3 Replies

2. Programming

Fail tail algorithm

I am currently working on code that simulates a file tail algorithm since the only way to retrieve the required information is from within a file, and this information needs to be retrieved in as close to real time as possible when the event enters the file. I cannot use system("tail <options>")... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: foureightyeast
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename fail

I've a lot of file with an hyphen on filename, so I use rename for remove him ad substitute with an underscore but it fails $ rename 's/\-/\_/' * Unknown option: _ Unknown option: i Unknown option: r Unknown option: e Unknown option: e Unknown option: _ Unknown option: g Unknown... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cv313x
12 Replies

4. AIX

en0 fail to up.

This is a LPAR that i created earlier. I want to set an IP address to en0 but it failed. Command: failed stdout: yes stderr: no Before command completion, additional instructions may appear below. en0 devdbm01 inet0 changed Method error (/usr/lib/methods/chgif): ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wingcross
8 Replies

5. Red Hat

webmin login fail

Hi all, I got error, when i logged with webmin. please show me the way how can i login with webmin (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why does my test fail ??

Hello, I am stuck... i dunno why does my test fail... any idea ? #!/bin/bash dos2unix info.txt Distor=Distributeur LINE=$(cat info.txt | sed -n 1p) echo $LINE echo $Distor echo "" echo "123-$LINE-123" echo "123-$Distor-123" if ; then LINE2=$(cat info.txt | sed -n 2p) echo $Distor... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: patx
14 Replies

7. Linux

Telnet fail

Hi, I try to telnet to server: # telnet xx.xxx.1.72 1521 Trying xx.xxx.1.72... telnet: connect to address xx.xxx.1.72: Connection refused telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused iptables is off: # service iptables status Firewall is stopped. # And I have edit... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

System fail to boot

Hi im using centos 6.4 starting yesterday i have a strange issue that im unable to resolve. the system is booting to GRUB menu and the os is not starting. i tried to run a repair install and the message attached is what i get, what can cause this? thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guy3145
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Untar fail

Hi Team, I have a file named as follows: aaa.tar.gz Now I need to verify if the untar fails, then the script has to send a mail. In order to check this condition, I need a tar.gz file which is unable to untar it. Can anyone help me to create a file which I will be able to unzip successfully... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
2 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Fail to register

After inputted all required fields in registration page, the below message is shown and cannot go on. A required field called Custom Date & Time Formats is missing or has an invalid value. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
2 Replies
HASH(3pub)						       C Programmer's Manual							HASH(3pub)

NAME
hash_create, hash_destroy, hash_install, hash_lookup, hash_uninstall, hash_iter - generic hash tables SYNOPSIS
#include <publib.h> Hashtab *hash_create(unsigned long (*fun)(void *), int (*cmp)(const void *, const void *)); void hash_destroy(Hashtab *ht); void *hash_install(Hashtab *ht, void *data, size_t size); void *hash_lookup(Hashtab *ht, void *data); int hash_uninstall(Hashtab *ht, void *data); int hash_iter(Hashtab *ht, int (*doit)(void *, void *), void *param); DESCRIPTION
These functions implement generic hash tables. The table is created by hash_create and destroyed by hash_destroy. The fun argument is a pointer to the hashing function, which must convert a datum to an unsigned long, which is then converted to an index into the hashing ta- ble. cmp is a qsort(3)-like comparison functions, used to compare to (wannabe) hash table elements. hash_install installs a new datum into the table. A pointer to the data and the size of the data are given as the arguments. If the size is 0, only the pointer value is copied to the table. Otherwise a copy of the data is made into dynamically allocated memory. hash_lookup attempts to find a datum in the hash table. A pointer to another datum is given as the argument. The comparison function should compare equal (return 0) the desired datum and this datum (but the argument needn't be a fully initialized datum, although that is up to the writer of the comparison function). There cannot be two elements in the hash table that are equal (the comparison function returns 0 for them). It is up to the user to handle collisions. hash_uninstall removes an element from a table. The argument is a pointer to a datum that identifies the element. hash_iter goes through every element in the hash table and calls the doit function for each. The first argument it provides to doit is the element in question, the second is whatever was given to hash_iter as param. If doit returns -1 or 0 for any element in the hash table, hash_iter immediately returns without going through the remaining elements in the hash table. Any other return value from doit is ignored. RETURNS
hash_create returns a pointer to the new hash table, or NULL if it fails. hash_install returns a pointer to an element in the table (either the installed one, or one that was already installed, if one tries to install the same datum twice). hash_uninstall returns 0 if it found the element in the array, or -1 if it didn't. hash_lookup return a pointer to the element it finds, or NULL if it doesn't find anything beautiful. hash_iter returns -1, 0, or 1. If hash_iter receives a return value of -1 or 0 for some element from doit, hash_iter immediately returns -1 or 0, respectively. In all other cases hash_iter returns 1. SEE ALSO
publib(3), qsort(3), bsearch(3) AUTHOR
Lars Wirzenius (lars.wirzenius@helsinki.fi) Publib C Programmer's Manual HASH(3pub)