Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sorting question......
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sorting question...... Post 302344703 by malcomex999 on Monday 17th of August 2009 10:45:43 AM
Old 08-17-2009
With awk...
Code:

awk  '$2 in max {if($4 > max[$2]){max[$2]=$4;s[$2]=$1};next}
 {max[$2]=$4;s[$2]=$1}
 END{for(i in max)print s[i] FS i FS "Begin" FS max[i]}
 ' inputfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Noob sorting question

Ok here is the deal, I have a command given to me by some systems guy who I cannot get ahold of on the weekend without paying him alot of money to help me. I need to get this done before Monday as I am just getting pummeled by DOS attacks. The comand given was.... netstat -ntu | awk '{print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hexabah
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sorting question

How can I sort lines in a file in a consistent, user-defined way that is not alphabetical, numeric, or patterned in any other way (e.g., sort a bunch of 5 line files to always print lines 2,5,3,4,1)? Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: darwin_886
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting Question

Hi All I have a CSV file where 3rd and 4th fields are date and time it's a session log file printing the date and time per session Now, I want to create a statistics of how many sessions per date and Time I managed a script for sessions per hour Code: #!/bin/bash #This Shell Script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Owl
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting question

i have list of files: Wang CVPR 09.pdf Yaacob AFGR 99.pdf Shi CVPR 04.pdf ..... how can i sort with single line this directory so the output will be in the next format: <year>\t<conference/journal>\t<author list> - t is tab (its sort by the year) example: 1999 CVIU ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nirnir26
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting help

i have list of files: Wang De Wong CVPR 09.pdf Yaacob AFGR 99 Second edition.pdf Shimon CVPR 01.pdf Den CCC 97 long one.pdf Ronald De Bour CSPP 04.pdf ..... how can i sort this directory so the output will be in the next format: <year>\t<conference/journal>\t<author list> - t is tab (its... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nirnir26
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HELP on sorting

hi everyone, I am kind of new to this forum. I need help in sorting this data out accordingly, I am actually doing a traceroute application and wants my AS path displayed in front of my address like this; 192.168.1.1 AS28513 AS65534 AS5089 AS5089 .... till the last AS number and if possible... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam127
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting HELP

Hi, I have posted related topic but as i continue the research I find more need to sort the data. AS(2607:f278:4101:11:dead:beef:f00f:f), AS786 AS6453 AS7575 AS7922 AS(2607:f2e0:f:1db::16), AS786 AS3257 AS36252 AS786 AS3257 AS36252 AS(2607:f2f8:1700::2), AS786 AS6939 AS25795 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam127
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sorting

Hi all, Does anyone can help me the following question? I would like to write an AWK script. In the following input file, each number in "start" is paired with numbers in column "end". No Start End A 22,222,33,22,1233,3232,44 555,333,222,55,1235,3235,66... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoeberunner
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quick Question: Sorting

Hi fellow linuxers I have a quick question... I would like to sort the numbers in each line that are within a file, and I want to sort them so that the numbers in each line go from SMALLEST to HIGHEST. For example, my file looks like this: 6 4 2 3 1 5 7 8 15 16 11 13 12 14 20 18 19 17 24 26... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucshi09
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about sorting -- how to pass an array to a function

Hi, guys I just wanted to sort the elements of an array ascendingly. I know the following code does work well: array=(13 435 8 23 100) for i in {0..4} do j=$((i+1)) while ] do if } -le ${array} ]] then : else min=${array} ${array}=${array} ${array}=$min fi... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: franksunnn
5 Replies
XmDirectionToStringDirection(library call)								XmDirectionToStringDirection(library call)

NAME
XmDirectionToStringDirection -- A function that converts an XmDirection value to an XmStringDirection value SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/Xm.h> XmStringDirection XmDirectionToStringDirection (dir) XmDirection dir; (void) DESCRIPTION
XmDirectionToStringDirection converts the specified XmDirection direction value to its equivalent XmStringDirection value. Basically, if the XmDirection value has a horizontal direction specification, that horizontal element is used; otherwise, the XmStringDirection value is interpreted as XmSTRING_DIRECTION_L_TO_R. This function provides backward compatibility with the XmStringDirection data type. Note that the Motif toolkit also contains an XmStringDirectionToDirection routine to convert an XmStringDirection value to its XmDirection equivalent. dir Specifies the XmDirection value to be converted. RETURN
Returns the following XmStringDirection values: XmSTRING_DIRECTION_R_TO_L If the dir argument has a right to left horizontal direction value in it, for example XmRIGHT_TO_LEFT_TOP_TO_BOTTOM. XmSTRING_DIRECTION_L_TO_R If the dir argument has a left to right horizontal direction in it, for example XmLEFT_TO_RIGHT_TOP_TO_BOTTOM, or if the horizon- tal direction value in the dir argument is ambiguous, such as in the XmTOP_TO_BOTTOM value. XmSTRING_DIRECTION_DEFAULT If there was no horizontal direction specified. RELATED INFORMATION
XmDirection(3), XmDirectionMatch(3), XmDirectionMatchPartial(3), XmDirectionToStringDirection(3), XmString(3), XmStringDirection(3), and XmStringDirectionToDirection(3), XmDirectionToStringDirection(library call)