Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: uuencode error
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting uuencode error Post 302344674 by methyl on Monday 17th of August 2009 09:34:27 AM
Old 08-17-2009
Quote:
/usr/bin/uuencode $fileName $fileName |
If the output is to a pipeline you do not specify an output filename on the command line.

Code:
/usr/bin/uuencode $fileName |

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

uuencode

hi all, I dont know of this is a duplicate thread, but the thread i started a while ago wasnot posted still. ok my question is i have a shell script named "mail_editck.sh". i have to include some reports in it so that i can get the email when they are done. the syntax goes like this. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tejasingaraju17
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with uuencode

I a script i telnet port 25 and part of the attachment is echo "Content-type: application/msword; filename= "$3" " echo Content-transfer-encoding: base64 echo "Content-disposition: attachment; filename= "$3" " echo uuencode -m "$3" /dev/stdout $3 is a word document. When i send... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: markms
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

uuencode/mailx

Hi all, I know how to use the uuencode/mailx commands to mail a single file within a directory, e.g. uuencode file.dat file.dat | mailx joe.smith@mail.com but now, i need to be able to mail every file within the directory with one command, any ideas? thanks :b: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ocelot
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

expand and uuencode...

I have a log file that looks fine when you view it in Unix but when I send it as an attachment to myself it looses its formatting... so I am using "expand" to replace the tabs with spaces and the format looks good. The code below works great but I was wondering if there was a way to do this without... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sethcoop
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Uuencode

Hi All, I have a queryin the uuencode option. Actually i need to attach two files in a single mail. I am aware of attaching a single file using the command below. (echo " The first file ";uuencode file1 file1) | mailx -s " The files " venkidhadha@in.com However i am not sure what... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkidhadha
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uuencode

Ello I am having trouble getting uuencode to work. This is the command I am using. gzip -c /directory/path/file.txt | uuencode /directory/path/file.txt.gz | \ /usr/bin/mailx -s"file -$(date)" email@email.com < /directory/path/file.txt.gz However when I receive the email there is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: demention
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uuencode without attachment

Hi All, I'm using uuencode to send out mail from unix to lotus notes,but i dont have any attachment to send out, I'm getting this message in the body of the mail "Usage: uuencode remotedest" however if i dont use uuencode I'm not able to send out mail Please help Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gwrm
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

uuencode

HI, I want to zip it before sending to email. -- This works fine. uuencode gtsa_lmt_pb_rfs_daily.txt ukba_pb_rfs_daily.csv | mailx -s "ukba_pb_rfs_daily" test@abc.com --Below command is not working, it sends zunk file. uuencode gtsa_lmt_pb_rfs_daily.txt ukba_pb_rfs_daily.csv | gzip... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sampath.Rachcha
9 Replies

9. Red Hat

uuencode not found !

When I do this: $ whereis uuencode uuencode: /usr/share/man/man1p/uuencode.1p.gz Does that mean it is not installed? Becuase when I use this command it says it is not found !!! Anythought what needs to be done? OS=RedHat 5.8 Linux. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
8 Replies

10. Linux

Uuencode not found

Hi guys when i try to get the man page of uuencode i am getting it,But when i use in shell script to send attachment i am getting uuencode not found error .please help me guys.Thank U (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
3 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)