Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help - Search for string, then do string operation on line Post 302344606 by Franklin52 on Monday 17th of August 2009 06:22:19 AM
Old 08-17-2009
Try this:

Code:
awk -F"\'" '/libname/{gsub(" ","_",$2)}{print tolower($0)}' OFS="\'" file |
awk -F"\"" '/libname/{gsub(" ","_",$2)}1' OFS="\""

Use nawk or /usr/xpg4/bin/awk on Solaris.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string on line then search and replace text

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on a line, search that line for a text pattern, and replace that text. An example of 4 lines in my file is: 1. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData ReplaceMe moreData 2. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData moreData... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search string in a file and retrieve 10 lines including string line

Hi Guys, I am trying to write a perl script to search a string "Name" in the file "FILE" and also want to create a new file and push the searched string Name line along with 10 lines following the same. can anyone of you please let me know how to go about it ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukrish
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a string in a particular column of file and return the line number of the line

Hi All, Can you please guide me to search a string in a particular column of file and return the line number of the line where it was found using awk. As an example : abc.txt 7000,john,2,1,0,1,6 7001,elen,2,2,0,1,7 7002,sami,2,3,0,1,6 7003,mike,1,4,0,2,1 8001,nike,1,5,0,1,8... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunshankar.c
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a string and to add another string after that in new line

Hi Guys I am facing a problem:wall: In searching a string in a file and to add another string(ie. passed through command line argument) just after this(searched) string in new line. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kushwaha
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search several string and convert into a single line for each search string using awk command AIX?.

I need to search the file using strings "Request Type" , " Request Method" , "Response Type" and by using result set find the xml tags and convert into a single line?. below are the scenarios. Cat test Nov 10, 2012 5:17:53 AM INFO: Request Type Line 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search one string and then search another string in the next line

I am unable to use grep comman to Print only EmpPosition and if the EmpID next line. So output should be both EmpPosition and EmpID and also EmpPosition and EmpID data should match. Sample Data EmpPosition "New" EmpID "New" - - EmpPosition "New" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a string in a text file and add another string at the particular position of a line

I am having a text file which is having more than 200 lines. EX: 001010122 12000 BIB 12000 11200 1200003 001010122 2000 AND 12000 11200 1200003 001010122 12000 KVB 12000 11200 1200003 In the above file i want to search for string KVB and add/replace... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a string in a text file and add another string at the end of line

Dear All I am having a text file which is having more than 200 lines. EX: 001010122 12000 BIB 12000 11200 1200003 001010122 2000 AND 12000 11200 1200003 001010122 12000 KVB 12000 11200 1200003 In the above file i want to search for string KVB... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search string within a file and list common words from the line having the search string

Hi, Need your help for this scripting issue I have. I am not really good at this, so seeking your help. I have a file looking similar to this: Hello, i am human and name=ABCD. How are you? Hello, i am human and name=PQRS. I am good. Hello, i am human and name=ABCD. Good bye. Hello, i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for a string,delete the line and replace with new string in a file

Hi Everyone, I have a requirement in ksh where i have a set of files in a directory. I need to search each and every file if a particular string is present in the file, delete that line and replace that line with another string expression in the same file. I am very new to unix. Kindly help... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradhikshan
10 Replies
tracker-search(1)						   User Commands						 tracker-search(1)

NAME
tracker-search - Search all content for keywords SYNOPSIS
tracker-search [OPTION...] EXPRESSION [EXPRESSION...] DESCRIPTION
tracker-search searches all indexed content for EXPRESSION. The resource in which EXPRESSION matches must exist (see --all for more infor- mation). All results are returned in ascending order. In all cases, if no EXPRESSION is given for an argument (like --folders for example) then ALL items in that category are returned instead. EXPRESSION One or more terms to search. The default operation is a logical AND. For logical OR operations, see -r. OPTIONS
-?, --help-all Display all help options available. -l, --limit=N Limit search to N results. The default is 10 or 512 with --disable-snippets. -o, --offset=N Offset the search results by N. For example, start at item number 10 in the results. The default is 0. -r, --or-operator Use OR for search terms instead of AND (the default) -d, --detailed Show the unique URN associated with each search result. This does not apply to --music-albums and --music-artists. -a, --all Show results which might not be available. This might bebecause a removable media is not mounted for example. Without this option, resources are only shown if they exist. This option applies to all command line switches except --disable-snippets Results are shown with snippets. Snippets are context around the word that was searched for in the first place. This gives some idea of if the resource found is the right one. Snippets require Full Text Search to be compile time enabled AND to not be disabled with --disable-fts. Using --disable-snippets only shows the resources which matched, no context is provided about where the match occurred. --disable-fts If Full Text Search (FTS) is available, this option allows it to be disabled for one off searches. This returns results slightly using particular properties to match the search terms (like nie:title) instead of looking for the search terms amongst ALL proper- ties. It is more limiting to do this, but sometimes searching without FTS can yield better results if the FTS ranking is off. --disable-color This disables any ANSI color use on the command line. By default this is enabled to make it easier to see results. --music-albums and --music-artists. -f, --files Search for files of any type matching EXPRESSION (optional). -s, --folders Search for folders matching EXPRESSION (optional). -m, --music Search for music files matching EXPRESSION (optional). --music-albums Search for music albums matching EXPRESSION (optional). --music-artists Search for music artists matching EXPRESSION (optional). -i, --images Search for images matching EXPRESSION (optional). -v, --videos Search for videos matching EXPRESSION (optional). -t, --documents Search for documents matching EXPRESSION (optional). -e, --emails Search for emails matching EXPRESSION (optional). Returns a list of subjects for emails found. -c, --contacts Search for contacts matching EXPRESSION (optional). Returns a list of names and email addresses found. --software Search for software installed matching EXPRESSION (optional). Returns a list of desktop files and application titles found. --software-categories Search for software categories matching EXPRESSION (optional). Returns a list of urns and their categories (e.g. Settings, Video, Utility, etc). --feeds Search through RSS feed information matching EXPRESSION (optional). Returns a list of those found. -b, --bookmarks Search through bookmarks matching EXPRESSION (optional). Returns a list titles and links for each bookmark found. -V, --version Print version. SEE ALSO
tracker-store(1), tracker-stats(1), tracker-tag(1), tracker-info(1). GNU
July 2009 tracker-search(1)