Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris What is mirror and sub mirror in RAID -1 SVM Post 302344597 by DukeNuke2 on Monday 17th of August 2009 05:57:25 AM
Old 08-17-2009
the mirror (top device) contains sub devices. thats all...

for example:

Code:
d0--d10
 |
 ---d20

d0 = top device = mirror
d10/d20 = sub devices = sub mirror

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Creating a Mirror RAID With Existing Disk

Hi there, I'm not sure if this is possible, but here is what I'd like to do.. I have an existing 160GB drive in my Redhat 9.0 server that I would like to add an additional 160GB drive to and create a mirrored RAID of the first disk to the new disk. I would like to do this without having to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sysera
2 Replies

2. Solaris

mirror failed

i am working in sun solaris unix platform with storage device T3+ i got an error message mirror failed i have telneted to the storage and gave the command format it gives disk not available , i have shifted my storage from node A to node B then i gave the same command format by telneting to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasiprabu
0 Replies

3. Solaris

ZFS Mirror versus Hardware Mirror

I've looked a little but haven't found a solid answer, assuming there is one. What's better, hardware mirroring or ZFS mirroring? Common practice for us was to use the raid controllers on the Sun x86 servers. Now we've been using ZFS mirroring since U6. Any performance difference? Any other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lespaul20
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Mirror patching

HI Friends.... kindly explain os mirror patching?in SVM and Vxvm. :wall: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_Apple
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Ubunutu 8.04.4 RAID 1 mirror replace disk

Hi, I have an Ubuntu system which I have an faulted mirror. I trying to replace the disk, but I'm stuck on that it boots and only showing GRUB GRUB ## ## End Default Options ## title Ubuntu 8.04.4 LTS, kernel 2.6.24-26-server root (hd0,0) kernel ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jld
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

What is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ?

what is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
3 Replies

7. Linux

Centos 7.2 Convert single LVM to RAID Mirror Reinstall BootLoader

Hello, I am trying to convert a single-drive Centos 7.2 installation with LVM into a two-disk mdadm mirror with mrrored LVM. I was able to follow the excellent instructions at: http://www.dgoradia.com/creating-a-raid1-mirrored-on-an-existing-centos-on-lvm/and did create a two-disk mirror... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Clovis_Sangrail
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Replacing a Disk in a ODS/SVM Mirror

Hi All BAsed on the below I would like to verifu two things (1) The udnerlying mirroris for '/mnt' na dit onlcy contaisne 1 sub-mirror, with one sliceon is one disk and hence, data loss on the mount point (the mount point, '/mnt' is backed up) (2) the Procedure for renewal # df -kh /mnt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevie_velvet
2 Replies
AAC(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    AAC(4)

NAME
aac -- Adaptec AdvancedRAID Controller driver SYNOPSIS
aac* at pci? dev ? function ? ld* at aac? unit ? DESCRIPTION
The aac driver provides support for the Adaptec AAC family of SCSI and SATA RAID controllers. These controllers support RAID 0, 1, 5, 10, and volume sets. They have four channels in the add-in version or 1-2 channels in the motherboard integrated version, and are most often found rebadged by Dell, Hewlett-Packard or IBM. Supported controllers include: o Adaptec AAC-364 o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2120S o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2200S o Adaptec SATA RAID 2410SA o Adaptec SATA RAID 3405 o Adaptec SCSI RAID 5400S o Dell PERC 2/Si o Dell PERC 2/QC o Dell PERC 3/Di o Dell PERC 3/Si o Dell PERC 320/DC o Dell CERC SATA RAID 1.5/6ch o HP NetRAID 4M o HP ML110 G2 (Adaptec SATA RAID 2610SA) o IBM ServeRAID 8k Access to RAID containers is available via the ld device driver. Individual drives cannot be accessed unless they are part of a container or volume set, and non-fixed disks cannot be accessed. Containers can be configured by using the on-board BIOS utility of the card. DIAGNOSTICS
The adapter can send status and alert messages asynchronously to the driver. These messages are printed on the system console. SEE ALSO
intro(4), ld(4) HISTORY
The aac driver first appeared in NetBSD 1.6, and was based on the FreeBSD driver of the same name. BUGS
This driver is not compatible with controllers that have version 1.x firmware. The firmware version is the same as the kernel version printed in the BIOS POST and driver attach messages. BSD
February 19, 2011 BSD