Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: op of logical operator
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting op of logical operator Post 302344406 by Scott on Sunday 16th of August 2009 01:00:54 PM
Old 08-16-2009
Yes, that's normally the case.

But the test you are trying to make is not a numeric one, it's testing that the variables are set.

If you said this:
Code:
i=4 j=-1 k=0

[ $i -ne 0 -o $j -ne 0 -o $k -ne 0 ]
echo $?
[ $i -ne 0 -a $j -ne 0 -a $k -ne 0 ]
echo $?
[ $i -ne 0 -a $j -ne 0 -o $k -ne 0 ]
echo $?

Then you get the result you were looking for.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

And operator

I am trying to check two variables and if both are blank I want to set a flag: the_f3_pid=`rsh $target ps -ef | grep "f3.eab" | awk '{print $2}'` the_f7_pid=`rsh $target ps -ef | grep "f7.eab" | awk '{print $2}'` if ; then y=1 fi I get an error: ./script_name: test: 0403-021 ]... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcarnesiii
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Logical Operator Issues ...

Hi folks I have a snippet of code Which is like this If ( ( A || B || C ) && D ) then Do some thing.... elif exit fi How to rephrase this and use it so I dont get any Errors ... Looking out for helpful replies .. Thanks & Regards Srikanth GR (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srikanthgr1
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logical OR using sed

Hello, This must be a novice question to you folks. But I searched through various places and did not find an answer to this question: How do we perform a logical OR operation using sed command? For example, I want to write a command that extracts all the text between pattern1 and pattern2 OR... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thejasviv
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

Or operator with if

hi, i was trying to club to test condition with if. if -o ; then it is giving me error message, i wanted to ask how can we check two condtions with one if. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: babom
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

logical OR in sed

frnds.. can i perform an OR operation in sed syntax ? if yes.. how? I need to search for some 2-3 mail addresses in multiple files and delete all those... and instead of them.. I need to insert a new mail id...( these are also other emails in that list .. which sud not be affected ) is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: clx
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to do logical AND and logical OR with grep

Hi can someone please help me on this. I need to perform this code: Grep any lines that meets the following criteria (A AND B) OR (A AND C) I tried this code, but it didn't work Grep-I "A &&B" | "A&&C" *.* $ thanks in advance (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Needhelp2
12 Replies

7. Programming

new operator

Hi, Please clear the 2 questions, 2 Questions, 1) Why the new as a operator? Is there any special reason why it can't be a function like malloc? 2) How are we considering sizeof(),new are as a opearartors? I know + - * / -> , . etc.. are operators, which criteria satisfied by sizeof()... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagapandi
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

su with << operator

All, THe below is my script , when i use this i am getting nothing . could any one help me to know what is the use of the << operator below su - $8 << supo echo "exportsph $2 $1 $3 $4" exportsph $2 $1 $3 $4 supo i also tried as individual command su - userid << supo , when i do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logical error

I have this script to uvscan-update. Seems like that i am getting logical error at the end of the script. It is updating the script and also giving the error message to update it manually. I have deleted the DAT files to see if it will create new and it does. Below is the error and the script: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mk07md
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

+= operator

im new to bash scripting and im just using online tutorials and trial and error. i wanted to write a script to read numbers from a file and find their sum: #!/bin/bash theSum=0 for line in $(cat numbers.txt) do let "theSum = theSum + $line" echo "$line" done echo "The sum is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: astrolux444
3 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)