Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting to extract specific values twice in a file Post 302344180 by chompy on Friday 14th of August 2009 08:34:03 PM
Old 08-14-2009
Or if you use perl, just use the split.

Code:
split ($col1,$col2) ",", $line;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract values from log file

I would like to write a shell script that will parse through a file similar to the sample below. The data in the file is redirected from rsync into a log file. I would like to call a shell script to parse through and pick out the number beside the percent sign inside the parentheses in the last... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wdympcf
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

to extract specific value in a file

Hi Friends, I have a file with the following values.. xyz.txt,12345.xml abc.txt,04567.xml cde.txt,12134.xml I would like to extract all the 2nd column values like 12345 04567 12134 Please advice!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmoris
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract Unique Values from file

Hello all, I have a file with following sample data 2009-08-26 05:32:01.65 spid5 Process ID 86:214 owns resources that are blocking processes on Scheduler 0. 2009-08-26 05:32:01.65 spid5 Process ID 86:214 owns resources that are blocking processes on Scheduler 0. 2009-08-26... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: simonsimon
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific lines from a file

Hi, I have a file which contains DDL statements- CREATE TABLE, CREATE INDEX, ALTER TABLE etc. I have to only pick CREATE TABLE statements from the file- Source : ---------------------------------------------- --DDL for table abc -------------------------------------------- CREATE TABLE... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newb
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract values from an XML File

Hi, I need to capture all the attributes with delete next to it. The source XML file is attached. The output should contain something like this below: Attributes = legacyExchangeDN Action = Delete Username = Hero Joker Loginid = joker09 OU =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a specific string from a file

Hi, I have a file whose contents are as follows. 2013-03-08/15:09:20.134 INFO 00000000-00000000 0034 09700400 CON_IN SessionID:ED5E1400-4805-85E2-17B2-5BE45684886A Connection ID:ED5E1400-4805-68F1-BB1D-F06496BCF910 TO:<sip:51234999@10.239.94.146:5060 FROM:<sip:9302280716@97.208.31.7:51024... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract values from a specific column to the end

Hello friends, I have a text file with many columns (no. columns vary from row to row) separated by space. I need to collect all the values from 18th column to the end from each line and group them as pairs and then numbering like below.. 1. 18th-col-value 19th-col-value 2. 20th-col-value ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific line in an html file starting and ending with specific pattern to a text file

Hi This is my first post and I'm just a beginner. So please be nice to me. I have a couple of html files where a pattern beginning with "http://www.site.com" and ending with "/resource.dat" is present on every 241st line. How do I extract this to a new text file? I have tried sed -n 241,241p... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dejavo
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get specific values from a file, help

Dear all, I have a specific problem that i cannot solve and I hope someone here can help me. :) I have two text files with one column of values. Example: File1: 67 94 95 . . File2 0.1 0.003 0.5 . . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Higgo
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to match file1 and extract specific tag values

File2 is tab-delimeted and I am trying to use $2 in file1 (space delimeted) as a search term in file2. If it is found then the AF= in and the FDP= values from file2 are extracted and printed next to the file1 line. I commented the awk before I added the lines in bold the current output resulted. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies
asadmin-reconfig(1AS)						   User Commands					     asadmin-reconfig(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-reconfig, reconfig - applies the changes you have made for a server instance SYNOPSIS
reconfig --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile filename] [--discard- manualchanges=false] [--keepmanualchanges=false] instance_name This command is deprecated. It allows you to apply changes you have made for a server instance. Use the reconfig command after you've used the set command to change server properties. Any changes you make to the configuration files of the server do not take affect until you apply the changes by running the reconfig command. When --discardmanualchanges is set to true, manual changes made to the server.xml file are discarded. When --keepmanualchanges is set to true, manual changes made to the server.xml file take affect. However if both options are false (both options are not specified), an error message is displayed if manual changes and/or changes have been applied using the Adminis- trator Interface. Use this command with discretion since there is no undo, and the changes applied are made directly to your con- fig/backup/server.xmlfile. OPTIONS
--user administrative user associated for the instance. --password administrative password corresponding to the administrative user. --host host name of the machine hosting the administrative instance. --port administrative port number associated with the administrative host. --passwordfile file containing passwords appropriate for the command (e.g., administrative instance). --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the administrative instance. --discardmanualchanges defaults to false. When set to true, discards the changes made manually to the server.xml file. --keepmanualchanges defaults to false. When set to true, allows the manual changes made to the server.xml file to take affect. OPERANDS
instance_name name of the instance.. Example 1: Using reconfig asadmin> reconfig --user admin --passwordfile passwords.txt --host localhost --port 4848 server1 Successfully reconfigured Example 2: Using reconfig with the --discardmanualchanges option asadmin> reconfig --user admin --passwordfile passwords.txt --host localhost --port 4848 --discardmanualchanges server1 Instance restart is required Successfully reconfigured Example 3: Using reconfig with the --keepmanualchanges option asadmin> reconfig --user admin --passwordfile passwords.txt --host localhost --port 4848 --keepmanualchanges server1 Instance restart is required Successfully reconfigured EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-get(1AS), asadmin-set(1AS), asadmin-list(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-reconfig(1AS)