Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming generating 16 digit random number in C Post 302344042 by ajaysahoo on Friday 14th of August 2009 11:47:05 AM
Old 08-14-2009
thnks for reply...
But my requirement is like ,we r designing a product that will generate a unique 16 digit no for every call.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

generating random numbers with hamming distance 4

Hi I want to genrate 10 random 32 bit binary numbers with hamming distance 4 and 8. 11010110010101010101010101010101 11010110010101010100010101010010 if we look carefully at these two binary numbers they differ at 4 places hence hamming distance 4. Now I want to genrate these numbers... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hack_tom
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating random number within a specific range (0.5-1.5)

Hello, need a way to generate numbers within 0.5-1.5 range Has to be totally random: 0.6 1.1 0.8 1.5 0.6 and so on.... How to? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating random numbers

Hi, I am having trouble with generating random numbers. can this be done with awk? So I have a file that looks like this: 23 30 24 40 26 34 So column1 is start and column2 is end. I want to generate 3 random #'s between start and stop: So the output will look like this: ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
9 Replies

4. Programming

C Help; generating a random number.

Im new to C, and Im having a hard time getting a random number. In bash, I would do something similar to the following to get a random number; #!/bin/bash seed1=$RANDOM seed2=$RANDOM seed3=$RANDOM SEED=`expr $seed1 * $seed2 / $seed3` echo ${SEED%.*} Now, in online examples... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
4 Replies

5. Programming

Generating Random Number in Child Process using Fork

Hello All, I am stuck up in a program where the rand functions ends up giving all the same integers. Tried sleep, but the numbers turned out to be same... Can anyone help me out how to fix this issue ? I have called the srand once in the program, but I feel like when I call fork the child process... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manisum
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate 16 digit positive random Numbers

Hi Unix Gurus, I have a requirement to generate positive random 16 and 13 digit numbers. Here is the script I have so far..... number=$RANDOM$RANDOM$RANDOM$RANDOM; let "number %= 10000000000000"; echo $number But sometimes it is generating negative numbers and also 15 digit... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: scorpioraghu
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating Random Number in certain range

Hi there I am trying to generate a random number between 40 and 70 using the shell here is my code so far and it keeps going above 70. all help much appreciated! comp=$(( RANDOM%70+40 )) echo $comp (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: faintingquiche
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random number generating script?

Having a hard time with this. Very new to scripting and linux. Spent all sunday trying to do this. Appreciate some help and maybe help breaking down what the syntax does. Create a Bash program. It should have the following properties • Creates a secret number between 1 and 100 i. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LINUXnoob15
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating a Random String of 'n' length

Hi, How can I generate a string of random characters (alpha+numeric) of a particular length ? For e.g. for n=5, output = 'kasjf' n=10, output = 'hedbcd902k' Also, please let me know if random (valid) dates could also be generated. Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishigc
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating a POSIX random number?

Hi Guys and gals... As you know I am getting to grips with POSIX and hit this stumbling block. Generating two random numbers 0 to 255 POSIXly. Speed in not important hence the 'sleep 1' command. I have done a demo that works, but it sure is ugly! Is there a better way? #!/bin/sh # Random... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
12 Replies
rpc_xdr(3)						     Library Functions Manual							rpc_xdr(3)

NAME
rpc_xdr, xdr_accepted_reply, xdr_authunix_parms, xdr_callhdr, xdr_callmsg, xdr_opaque_auth, xdr_rejected_reply, xdr_replymsg - XDR library routines for ONC remote procedure calls SYNOPSIS
#include <rpc/xdr.h> xdr_accepted_reply( XDR *xdrs, struct accepted_reply *ar); xdr_authunix_parms( XDR *xdrs, struct authunix_parms *aupp); void xdr_callhdr( XDR *xdrs, struct rpc_msg *chdr); xdr_callmsg( XDR *xdrs, struct rpc_msg *cmsg); xdr_opaque_auth( XDR *xdrs, struct opaque_auth *ap); xdr_rejected_reply( XDR *xdrs, struct rejected_reply *rr); xdr_replymsg( XDR *xdrs, struct rpc_msg *rmsg); DESCRIPTION
These routines allow C programs to make procedure calls on other machines across the network. First, the client calls a procedure to send a data packet to the server. Upon receipt of the packet, the server calls a dispatch routine to perform the requested service, and then sends back a reply. Finally, the procedure call returns to the client. Unless otherwise indicated, the routines described in this reference page are thread safe (that is, they can be used safely in a multi- threaded environment). Routines that are not thread safe are flagged as such. Encodes RPC reply messages. This routine is useful for users who wish to generate RPC-style messages without using the RPC package. Describes UNIX credentials. This routine is useful for users who wish to generate these credentials without using the RPC authentication package. Describes RPC call header messages. This routine is useful for users who wish to generate RPC-style messages without using the RPC package. Describes RPC call messages. This routine is use- ful for users who wish to generate RPC-style messages without using the RPC package. Describes RPC authentication information messages. This routine is useful for users who wish to generate RPC-style messages without using the RPC package. Describes RPC reply messages. This routine is useful for users who want to generate RPC-style messages without using the RPC package. Describes RPC reply messages. This routine is useful for users who want to generate RPC-style messages without using the RPC package. RELATED INFORMATION
rpc_clnt(3), rpc_misc(3), rpc_svc(3), xdr(3) Remote Procedure Calls: Protocol Specifications - RFC 1050 delim off rpc_xdr(3)