Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Loop through subdirectories to gzip files Post 302343979 by visio2000 on Friday 14th of August 2009 09:26:36 AM
Old 08-14-2009
thanks a lot Ranjith.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

unzip particular gzip files among the normal data files

Hello experts, I run Solaris 9. I have a below script which is used for gunzip the thousand files from a directory. ---- #!/usr/bin/sh cd /home/thousands/gzipfiles/ for i in `ls -1` do gunzip -c $i > /path/to/file/$i done ---- In my SAME directory there thousand of GZIP file and also... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list the files but exclude the files in subdirectories

If I execute the command "ls -l /export/home/abcde/dev/proj/code/* | awk -F' ' '{print $9}' | cut -d'/' -f6-8" it will list all the files in /export/home/abcde/dev/proj/code/ directory as well as the files in subdirectories also proj/code/test.sh proj/code/test1.c proj/code/unix... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shyjuezy
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash: Gzip files in Directory and itīs Subdirectories

Hello dear Community, I have a task to wrtie a script which will gzip not zipped files in a directory and itīs subdirectories. I succeeded in gzippung the directory but not the subdirectories: #/bin/bash #go to the directory where to zip cd $1 #Zip unzipped files for i in `ls | xargs... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesCarter
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help me on how to loop subdirectories

Here is my question in bash for f in f1 f2 do cd $f cd ??? # i need to enter the two layers of sub folders then find the folder named "abcde" ? cd .. # how to get out two layers subdirectories? cd .. done (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgreen
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help me on how to loop subdirectories

Here is my question in bash for f in f1 f2 do cd $f cd ??? # i need to enter the two layers of sub folders then find the folder named "abcde" ? cd .. # how to get out two layers subdirectories? cd .. done (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgreen
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

gzip vs pipe gzip: produce different file size

Hi All, I have a random test file: test.txt, size: 146 $ ll test.txt $ 146 test.txt Take 1: $ cat test.txt | gzip > test.txt.gz $ ll test.txt.gz $ 124 test.txt.gz Take 2: $ gzip test.txt $ ll test.txt.gz $ 133 test.txt.gz As you can see, gzipping a file and piping into gzip... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hanfresco
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script deleting my files, and editing files in subdirectories question

#!/bin/bash # name=$1 type=$2 number=1 for file in ./** do if then filenumber=00$number elif then filenumber=0$number fi tempname="$name""$filenumber"."$type" if (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheGreatGizmo
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Foreach loop through subdirectories in csh

Hi You might find it very trivial but actually don't know how to loop through all sub-directories and their child directories into a csh. bash was easier I believe but here I am, stuck with csh. So elaborately here's my problem: Let's say I have my parent directory named C-H/ under which I have... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: saleheen
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzip all the files with subdirectories present and append a part of string from the main .zip files

Hi frnds, My requirement is I have a zip file with name say eg: test_ABC_UH_ccde2a_awdeaea_20150422.zip within that there are subdirectories on each directory we again have .zip files and in that we have files like mama20150422.gz and so on. Iam in need of a bash script so that it unzips... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Kishore
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append string to all the files inside a directory excluding subdirectories and .zip files

Hii, Could someone help me to append string to the starting of all the filenames inside a directory but it should exclude .zip files and subdirectories. Eg. file1: test1.log file2: test2.log file3 test.zip After running the script file1: string_test1.log file2: string_test2.log file3:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Kishore
4 Replies
pbmreduce(1)						      General Commands Manual						      pbmreduce(1)

NAME
pbmreduce - read a portable bitmap and reduce it N times SYNOPSIS
pbmreduce [-floyd|-fs|-threshold ] [-value val] N [pbmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable bitmap as input. Reduces it by a factor of N, and produces a portable bitmap as output. pbmreduce duplicates a lot of the functionality of pgmtopbm; you could do something like pnmscale | pgmtopbm, but pbmreduce is a lot faster. pbmreduce can be used to "re-halftone" an image. Let's say you have a scanner that only produces black&white, not grayscale, and it does a terrible job of halftoning (most b&w scanners fit this description). One way to fix the halftoning is to scan at the highest possible res- olution, say 300 dpi, and then reduce by a factor of three or so using pbmreduce. You can even correct the brightness of an image, by using the -value flag. OPTIONS
By default, the halftoning after the reduction is done via boustrophedonic Floyd-Steinberg error diffusion; however, the -threshold flag can be used to specify simple thresholding. This gives better results when reducing line drawings. The -value flag alters the thresholding value for all quantizations. It should be a real number between 0 and 1. Above 0.5 means darker images; below 0.5 means lighter. All flags can be abbreviated to their shortest unique prefix. SEE ALSO
pnmenlarge(1), pnmscale(1), pgmtopbm(1), pbm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1988 by Jef Poskanzer. 02 August 1989 pbmreduce(1)