Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: topas -P output to file
Operating Systems AIX topas -P output to file Post 302343974 by jtmartins on Friday 14th of August 2009 09:18:17 AM
Old 08-14-2009
so let me try to understand, i run topasrec -L -c 5 -s 60
then i run the nmon analyzer?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Topas

Hi ! I would like to collect every minute the data of the "topas" to file. Under Redhat 9, it's possible to user comand "top" in batch mode ! How is it possible under unix with TOPAS ? Because there is not the parameter " -b"... example ----> topas > filename.out but, it doesn't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cgatrader
1 Replies

2. AIX

nmon vs topas

good morning what is the better solution to examen a P570 ? because i use topas and nmon, and the results are totally different !!! with nmon, i have 80% free cpu, and with nmon, i have 90% of used cpu !!!!!! i take a shot with an intervall of 10s during 10 mn. thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
0 Replies

3. AIX

using TOPAS

Hi, I'm using topas to monitor CPU and Disk activity including paging space. Previously, I can see the percentage activity of the disk under column "BUSY%", now I can no longer view it (it's all zero), unless I will run IOSTAT 2 simultaneously. What would be the cause of this? Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasion
2 Replies

4. AIX

topas -P save output

hi i have server monitor script which totally depends upon the output of TOP which works fine on HP. now i am told to put same script on aix i found that topas -P produces same output but it doesnt redirect output to file i have to kill/terminate it. is there any other way to this. as the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
0 Replies

5. AIX

How to redirect output of topas?

Hi , How do i redirect output of topas to a file. i did not find any such option in topas command. Regards, Ashok (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokd001
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic output file generation using a input text file with predefined output format

Hi, I have two files , one file with data file with attributes that need to be sent to another file to generate a predefined format. Example: File.txt AP|{SSHA}VEEg42CNCghUnGhCVg== APVG3|{SSHA}XK|"password" AP3|{SSHA}XK|"This is test" .... etc --------- test.sh has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hudson03051nh
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Redirect Topas output to a file

Hi, I want to know how to redirect the output of topas -P to a file in a readable format. I tried doing it by using topas -P > topas.txt but the output is not properly aligned and when I opened it using vi it ahd some characters. Please help me out in this. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Preetha
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with topas command

How do i display only one iteration of topas command. Ideally i would topas -P to show only one instance rather than keep on running. is there any swicth? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NarayanaPrakash
1 Replies

9. AIX

Record topas command output

How to record output of below command in a text file. topas -P or is there any other command which will do the same thing in AIX. I would like to get a report something similar to below commands. top -b prstat -c (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NarayanaPrakash
5 Replies

10. AIX

Need help on topas command

Hi, how to grep data from topas command...for example i have to grep owner from topas command Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumanthupar
2 Replies
SCAN-BUILD(1)															     SCAN-BUILD(1)

NAME
scan-build scan-build(1) -- An utility for running the clang(1) analyzer from the command line SYNOPSIS
scan-build options build command [build options] DESCRIPTION
scan-build is a command line utility that enables a user to run the clang static analyzer over their codebase as part of performing a regu- lar build (from the command line). OPTIONS
-analyze-headers Also analyze functions in #included files. -o Target directory for HTML report files. Subdirectories will be created as needed to represent separate "runs" of the analyzer. If this option is not specified, a directory is created in /tmp (TMPDIR on Mac OS X) to store the reports. -h, --help Display the help message. -k Add a "keep on going" option to the specified build command. --keep-going This option currently supports make and xcodebuild. This is a convenience option; one can specify this behavior directly using build options. --html-title [title] Specify the title used on generated HTML pages. --html-title=[title] If not specified, a default title will be used. -plist By default the output of scan-build is a set of HTML files. This option outputs the results as a set of .plist files. --status-bugs By default, the exit status of scan-build is the same as the executed build command. Specifying this option causes the exit status of scan-build to be 1 if it found potential bugs and 0 otherwise. --use-cc [compiler path] By default, scan-build uses 'gcc' to compile and link --use-cc=[compiler path] your C and Objective-C code. Use this option to specify an alternate compiler. --use-c++ [compiler path] By default, scan-build uses 'g++' to compile and link --use-c++=[compiler path] your C++ and Objective-C++ code. Use this option to specify an alternate compiler. -v Verbose output from scan-build and the analyzer. A second and third '-v' increases verbosity. -V View analysis results in a web browser when the build --view completes. ADVANCED OPTIONS
: -constraints [model] Specify the contraint engine used by the analyzer. By default the 'range' model is used. Specifying 'basic' uses a simpler, less powerful constraint model used by checker-0.160 and earlier. -store [model] Specify the store model used by the analyzer. By default, the 'region' store model is used. 'region' specifies a field sensitive store model. Users can also specify 'basic', which is far less precise but can more quickly analyze code. 'basic' was the default store model for checker-0.221 and earlier. -no-failure-reports Do not create a 'failures' subdirectory that includes analyzer crash reports and preprocessed source files. EXAMPLES
Basic usage of scan-build is designed to be simple: just place the word "scan-build" in front of your build command: $ scan-build make $ scan-build xcodebuild In the first case scan-build analyzes the code of a project built with make and in the second case scan-build analyzes a project built using xcodebuild. It is also possible to use scan-build to analyze specific files: $ scan-build gcc -c t1.c t2.c This example causes the files t1.c and t2.c to be analyzed. AUTHORS
Maintained by the Clang / LLVM Team http://clang.llvm.org. This manual page was written by Ermenegildo Fiorito fiorito.g@gmail.com for the Debian Project. SEE ALSO
clang(1) scan-view(1) http://clang-analyzer.llvm.org December 2010 SCAN-BUILD(1)